Princess Charlotte and Louis 'raised traditional' says expert
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Speaking about his family during a walk around the Queen’s Sandringham estate for a festive edition of Apple’s Time to Walk audio series, Prince William said that his two children have a “massive fight” most mornings over what song is played in the royal household. He said: "What I've been amazed by is how much my children already have inherited my family's love of music.
"Most mornings there's a massive fight between Charlotte and George as to what song is played in the morning.
"And I have to, now, basically prioritise that one day someone does this one, and another day it's someone else's turn.
“So George gets his go, then Charlotte gets her go. Such is the, the clamour for the music.”
He added: "One of the songs that the children are loving at the moment is Shakira, Waka Waka. There's a lot of hip movements going along. There's a lot of dressing up.
Prince William has lifted the lid on a ‘massive fight’ between Prince George and Princess Charlotte (Image: Getty)
William said that his two children have a ‘massive fight’ most mornings over what song is played (Image: Getty)
"Charlotte, particularly, is running around the kitchen in her dresses and ballet stuff and everything. She goes completely crazy with Louis following her around trying to do the same thing.
"It's a really happy moment where the children just enjoy dancing, messing around, and, and singing.
“I hope you enjoy this one. Have some fun."
William also recalled how his mother instilled in him a love of pop music, saying that she used to use music to help tackle his “anxiety” about going back to school.
William said: ‘One of the songs that the children are loving at the moment is Shakira, Waka Waka’ (Image: Getty)
William also recalled how his mother instilled in him a love of pop music (Image: Getty)
To encourage people to walk for their mental health, Prince William has launched a new audio walking tour with Apple Music. Audio listeners will be able to hear Prince William’s new audio tour from Monday, December 6. Find out how to listen to Prince William’s new audio walking tour .
Speaking on the podcast, he said: "When I was younger, Harry and I, we were at boarding school.
“And my mother used to play all sorts of songs to kind of while away the anxiety of going back to school.
"And one of the songs I massively remember and has stuck with me all this time, and I still, to this day, still quite enjoy secretly, is Tina Turner's (Simply) The Best because sitting in the backseat, singing away, it felt like a real family moment.
"And my mother, she'd be driving along, singing at the top of her voice.
DON’T MISS: ‘A shadow of his former self!’ Boris losing voters [ANALYSIS] Meghan and Harry fans erupt at William over mental health move [REACTION] Lilibet’s first Christmas will be very different from Archie’s [INSIGHT]
The Royal Family Tree (Image: Express)
“And we'd even get the policeman in the car, he'd be occasionally singing along, as well.
"You'd be singing and listening to the music right the way out into the gates of school, when they dropped you off.
“And, and that's when reality kind of sunk in that you really were going back to school because before that, you're lost in songs.
"You'll want to play it again just to keep that family moment going.
The podcast also saw William reveal that now he enjoys listening to heavy metal band AC/DC (Image: Getty)
“And when I listen to it now, it takes me back to those car rides and brings back lots of memories of my mother."
The podcast also saw William reveal that now he enjoys listening to heavy metal band AC/DC to get himself “back into the grind of the week”, adding: “It's a difficult song not to dance to or to nod along to."
He said: "There's nothing better than, on a Monday morning, when you're a bit bleary-eyed after the weekend and trying to get yourself back into the grind of the week, listening to AC/DC, Thunderstruck.
"I have to say the first time I put it on, and I've heard it a million times now, I was kind of like, 'Well, this is quite heavy for a Monday morning'.
“But now, when I listen to it, it's the best tonic for a Monday morning. It absolutely wakes you up, puts your week in the best mood possible, and you feel like you can take on anything and anyone.
"I'd imagine you're going to walk quite fast listening to it, maybe with a skip in your step, with the head-banging.
“It's a difficult song not to dance to or to nod along to."
Listeners will be able to hear Prince William’s new partnership with Apple Fitness, which will be available free of charge on Apple Music 1, from Monday, December 6.
The podcast, which is part of Apple Fitness’ Time to Walk series, is aimed at promoting mental wellbeing.
- Prince William, Kate Middleton and Princess Charlotte honoured with pizza portrait
- Kate Middleton & Prince William’s ‘enormous’ Kensington Palace apartment has 20 rooms including a gym & luggage room
- Kate Middleton & Prince William's houses: inside photos taken by the Duchess of Cambridge
- Prince William Says Dinner Time Can Be Difficult With Royal Children—And it Goes Better if They Get Their Way
- Hilarious royal wedding photos: Prince William & Kate Middleton, Princess Eugenie, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle, more
- Prince William and Kate Middleton split chores totally equally – and he cooks family meals as much as she does
- Prince William's first job announced since welcoming baby Charlotte
- 'We are forever grateful': Prince William addresses Britain in TV tribute honouring veterans on VJ Day 75 years after his great grandfather King George VI gave a speech marking the end of the Second World War
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are being 'watched carefully' by the Queen and Prince Philip to make sure they don't make any mistakes after 'other young royals got it badly wrong', expert reveals
- Royals who are left-handed: from Prince William to Sophie Wessex
- Kate Middleton & Prince William's house revealed: royal insiders open up
- Princess Diana would have helped Prince William and Prince Harry 'work through their issues' because she supported open communication within the family, Finding Freedom author claims
- How post-lockdown royal outings will look: Prince William and Prince Charles' first public engagements hint at the new order - including the end of posys, hand shakes and walkabouts
- How little royals George, Charlotte and Louis stole the nation’s hearts
- Prince Harry's 'dig at Kate Middleton's home setup with George, Charlotte and Louis'
- Prince William says he’s ‘worried about the waistline’ after keeping busy baking during quarantine
- Kate Middleton's secret volunteer work with Prince William revealed during lockdown
- Rare insight into Kate Middleton and Prince William's marriage revealed in new book
- Kate Middleton is popular among palace aides and 'a rock' to Prince William, royal author claims
- VJ Day 2020: Prince William honours veterans 75 years after great grandfather King George VI marked end of WWII
Prince William lifts lid on 'massive fight' between George and Charlotte have 1418 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.