Princes’ feud could overshadow monarchy says Andrew Neil
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey damaged their relations further with the royal household, it has been claimed. The Duke of Sussex and Prince William ‘s ongoing feud has become the "talk of the town" as they were inseparable after Princess Diana's death. The royal brothers' relationship is inevitable on certain royal occasions as the distance between them "overwhelms" the most important events of the "Firm".
Andrew Neil, a broadcaster and publishertold Channel 5 royal documentary '2021: The Queen’s Horrible Year,': "There is a risk that this kind of almost sidebar soap opera between the two can overwhelm and overshadow more important events in the royal family.
"Now, when Prince Philip went into the hospital on February 16, it was, we were told, out of an abundance of caution. Tonight on March 16, he's finally back home with the Queen at Windsor.
Prince William and Prince Harry's relationship turned "sour" when the Duke of Cambridge referred to Meghan as "this girl".
As per the sources, the Duke of Cambridge warned Harry to give more time to his relationship with Meghan.
Britain’s Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (L) and Britain’s Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex arrive fo (Image: Getty )
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Peter Phillips, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Earl of Snowdon (Image: Getty )
He said: "Don't feel you need to rush this. Take as much time as you need to get to know this girl."
However, the relationship came to a "breaking point" after the Sussexes interview with Oprah Winfrey where the couple revealed the accusations made by the Royal household.
Meghan responded to the claims concerned with Duchess of Cambridge that Meghan made Kate cry before the Royal wedding in 2018.
Meghan, also revealed presence of racism in the Royal household concerning the color of her unborn child during her first pregnancy.
Prince William plays ping pong during visit to Leeds
Prince William during a visit with the Duchess of Cambridge to a school in Stratford, east London, addressed the racism allegations publicly when questioned by British tabloids.
A local Sky news reporter asked Prince William: "Have you spoken to your brother since the interview?
Prince William responded: "No, I haven't spoken to him yet, but I will do.
The reporter continued: "And can you just let me know, is the Royal family a racist family, sir?
Prince William "No, we are very much not a racist family."
The Queen who is a "conflict avoider by nature" was heartbroken and shocked over the feud of the brothers as she has taken personal care to the brother's upbringing.
Royal Family tree (Image: Express.co.uk)
Since "Prince William was embroiled in it too" Buckingham palace released a statement soon after the Oprah interview, the Queen said: "Harry and Meghan remained much loved-members of the family."
The brothers have not seen each other since July, when they came together to unveil a statue of their late mother, Princess Diana at Kensington Place.
There seems little chances of reconciliation between the Cambridges and Sussexes, Royal photographer Arthur Edwards said: “I don’t know what he’s got to do to make it right. But it’s got to come from him and it’s got to come from him in a big way. And from Meghan.
“I think it’s possible you can change any situation if you really both want to.
He added: “While this feud is going on with his brother where they barely talk to each other, it’s not nice."
According to the reporters, the Cambridges are set to visit the US next year who are known to stay with the Sussexes in California.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton meet victims and emergency service heroes from Grenfell blaze and terror attacks as they launch national crisis response trust
- Kate Middleton, Prince William, Peter Kay and Harry Hill help schoolboy's jokebook raise cash for charity
- Prince William cracks joke about Kate Middleton's cooking skills while making lunch for homeless
- Spare us the subpoena soap opera, but we’d love to see Trump’s taxes
- Princes William and Harry Show How Princess Diana Changed The Royal Family Forever
- Secret sign Prince Harry made that shows humour still bonds him with William
- Ex-England polo star who's played with William and Harry praises the royals for their 'down to earth camaraderie' on the field - but refuses to say who's better!
- How Princes William and Harry will mark Princess Diana's birthday on Sunday
- Touching sacrifice Prince Harry made for William - which meant Meghan Markle lost out
- Princess Diana kept secret from Charles while she was pregnant with Harry
- HELLO! samples a new royally-inspired drink at Prince Harry's wedding hotel
- Britain's eternal heir to the throne: Prince Charles at 70
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte aren't only British royals at their school
- Inside Prince Charles' Birkhall retreat where he honeymooned with Camilla
- Kate and William Had Their Third Child. Why, and What, Were We Watching?
- Prince Charles ‘absolutely furious’ over Harry and Wills feud – and being ‘let down’ when Meghan Markle cancelled on him
- Prince Charles 'is worried for Harry like he used to worry for Diana'
- Queen and other royals 'horrified' and 'worried' about Meghan Markle and Harry after TV show
- Meghan Markle’s recent snub of Prince Charles’ invitation to exhibition reveals the real tensions in the Royal Family
- NHS mental health website crashes minutes after Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Kate Middleton and Prince William appear in ad
Prince William and Prince Harry threaten to 'overshadow' family with 'sidebar soap opera’ have 1180 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.