The Los Angeles Dodgers reached agreement Wednesday with versatile All-Star Chris Taylor on a four-year, $60 million deal that includes a club option for a fifth season, sources told ESPN’s Jeff Passan.
Taylor, 31, earned his first All-Star selection with the Dodgers in 2021, hitting .254 with 20 home runs, 73 RBIs and 13 steals. He saw the majority of his playing time as a center fielder and at second base, but he also saw action at the other outfield positions as well as shortstop and third base.
He had received a qualifying offer worth $18.4 million for one year, but he turned it down to enter free agency.
Wednesday’s agreement was first reported by The Athletic.
Taylor made an impact in the postseason, hitting three home runs in an 11-2 victory against the Atlanta Braves in Game 5 of the National League Championship Series. His 13 total bases in the game set a Dodgers postseason franchise record.
After breaking into the majors with the Seattle Mariners in 2014, Taylor was traded to the Dodgers in 2016. In his six-plus seasons in Los Angeles, he hit .264.
- Kim Kardashian shows off her tiny waist and silver hair during day out in Los Angeles
- See inside actor Vinnie Jones' sprawling £1.5 million Los Angeles mansion - that even has its own "Elvis-themed" bar
- Jack Nicholson forgets to do up his shirt buttons as he watches the Los Angeles Lakers alongside Floyd Mayweather
- £128m over five years, but... 'I'm not in it for the cash', says
- Elvis Presley's daughter finds herself in $16 million debt
- Adele looking at buying £30 million luxury apartment in move back to London
- Aid for millions caught up in US-Palestinian row: UN
- Selena Gomez is Billboard's Woman of the Year 2017
- The biggest celebrity divorces, break-ups and splits… from Chris Pratt and Anna Faris to Brangelina
- Celebrity deaths 2017 – all the stars who have died this year, from Keith Chegwin to David Cassidy
- Celebrity deaths 2017 – those we have lost this year, from Roger Moore to Bruce Forsyth
- Foo Fighter’s Dave Grohl ‘fell into depression’ after he broke his leg two years ago falling off a stage
- Mel B 'makes £6.5 million divorce deal with Stephen Belafonte if he destroys their sex tapes'
- Khloe Kardashian is expecting a boy with boyfriend Tristan Thompson according to US sources
- From hometown star to talk of Tinseltown: How Chris Overton's Oscars success was created in Cannock
- Harvey Weinstein and wife 'agree £15m divorce settlement'
- As Trump begins second year, women stage nationwide protests
- Celebrity deaths 2017 – we remember the stars we’ve lost this year, including Sean Hughes, Bruce Forsyth, Hugh Heffner and Liz Dawn
- Donald Trump uses the term ‘fake news’ to describe anything he doesn’t agree with, says Tory MP
- Adele makes £9million in a year from album sales without releasing any music
Los Angeles Dodgers, Chris Taylor agree to 4-year, $60 million deal, sources say have 469 words, post on abcnews.go.com at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.