I'm A Celebrity 2021 has faced even more trouble after two intruders managed to break into camp and reportedly made their way to the celebs' sleeping quarters this week.
The two individuals are said to have worn camouflage to sneak in on Saturday afternoon while the campmates were in quarantine due to the extreme weather and the production base being battered by Storm Arwen.
An ITV spokesperson told Metro.co.uk : 'A security breach was identified during Storm Arwen and intruders were removed from the location with immediate effect. The safety of both our celebrities and our production crew remains our primary concern.'
A source added: 'This was such irresponsible behaviour to put themselves and the security team in during the storm.
'They were trespassing on private property and creating unnecessary risks.'
According to The Sun , the intruders walked around prodding the celebs' beds and filming on their phones.
While the intruders made it into the main set, the bouncers then noticed and intercepted the trespassers and immediately escorted them off site.
ITV is also thought to have made sure the camp was deep cleaned after the intruders were escorted away.
It's the second time in a week that the camp's security has been breached.
The first breach came shortly after a fan managed to drive through several security checkpoints on the set before the stars arrived, capturing photos and videos behind the scenes.
The ITV show has had a rocky beginning as it returned to screens, with Richard Madeley being forced to exit early after a brief hospital visit.
Meanwhile, amid Storm Arwen, live shows had to be cancelled for four days in a row while a production base was repaired, with the stars being taken out of the castle.
They later returned to camp and live shows returned to normal on Tuesday.
I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here returns tonight at 9pm on ITV.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- I'm A Celebrity FIRST LOOK inside Gwrych Castle camp complete with rusty beds, a dingy Privy toilet and Kiosk Cledwyn manning Ye Oldee Shoppe as stars brace themselves for the most brutal living conditions in show's 20-year history
- 'That was weird as s**t': Bemused White House reporters are baffled by Trump's 60-second press conference to celebrate Dow Jones breaking 30,000 points for first time
- ITV bosses 'are considering hosting I'm a Celebrity every other year in Wales' if the upcoming series at Gwrych Castle is a success
- I'm A Celebrity castle REVEALED: Upcoming series will be filmed at 200-year-old haunted Gwrych Castle in Wales with stars set to endure terrifying medieval themed trials
- I'm A Celebrity filming KICKS OFF with helicopters spotted near Gwrych Castle in Wales as it's revealed stars will endure 50mph gales and torrential rain when show returns on Sunday
- I’m A Celeb stars arrive at Gwrych Castle under the cover of darkness in a huge convoy
- I'm A Celebrity drama as 'horror-stricken crew REFUSE to work at night time after spotting ghostly figures at Gwrych Castle'
- I'm A Celebrity's Gwrych Castle is a fairytale wedding venue – see photos
- I’m A Celeb’s Giovanna Fletcher squeezes sons in touching snap before leaving for Gwrych Castle
- Who owns Gwrych Castle?
- I’m A Celeb’s Gwrych Castle flooding fears as camp faces three solid days of rain this week
- Inspired by I’m A Celebrity? You can rent cheap castles in the UK from £9pp a night
- Manchester United football club discloses security breach
- BRICS: PM Modi, Xi to come face to face for second time this month
- I'm A Celebrity debuts first-ever Welsh series with an average of 10.6 million viewers (which is still less than when Holly Willoughby hosted the show)
- I'm A Celebrity stars 'warned they won't be able to handle the show's new chilly location as North Wales feels colder than North Pole'
- I'm A Celebrity 2020: New arrivals Russell Watson and Ruthie Henshall win 11 stars after being covered in slime, holding fish eyes in their mouths and dancing in critter-filled trousers
- I'm A Celebrity 2020: 'He came back a completely different person!' Jordan North returns to camp a 'new man' as he successfully bags 12 stars after smashing first solo trial
- I’m A Celeb viewers confused by Welsh clock as Ant and Dec joke about Australian time difference
- Woman pedestrian is killed in horror car crash outside I'm a Celebrity castle in North Wales 'near spot where fans gather to take photographs'
I’m A Celebrity 2021: Intruders break into Gwrych Castle as security is breached for second time have 817 words, post on metro.co.uk at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.