Naughty Boy’s family have revealed all on his mother Zahida’s reaction to him being on I’m A Celebrity 2021.
The music producer has been doing well in all the trials, while he did threaten to quit a few times at the start of the series hosted by Ant and Dec.
His niece Aisha Shaban has revealed the star was “overwhelmed” and said it was likely down to him worrying about his mother, who has dementia.
Naughty Boy, real name Shahid Khan, cares for his mother and lives with her, and he opened up about her diagnosis before he went on the ITV series.
He pulled out of last year’s series of the show as he was worried about leaving his mum, following her diagnosis a year earlier.
Aisha explained the likely reason behind his threats that he would quit the show amid backlash from some viewers, as she spoke to Good Morning Britain hosts Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard on Thursday.
She said: “I think going in, he must've been really overwhelmed. Prior to the show starting, they had to quarantine for two weeks.
“He's a carer for his mum who has dementia and I think due to being away from her for so long, having no contact he must have felt really overwhelmed, really unsure as to whether she's okay, if he's doing the right thing.
“But I think as time goes forward as he's formed a bond with the other campmates, you can see he's more comfortable and with each trial he's gaining more confidence.
“He's not the weakest link as he first thought – he is actually really strong, so I think he just needed that push.”
Aisha then opened up about her grandmother’s condition, and how her uncle’s appearance on the series has impacted her.
I’m A Celebrity 2021: Everything you need to know
- The full line up
- Simon and Adam’s late arrival
- Richard rushed to hospital – and every time it’s happened before
- Richard explains why he had to quit castle
- Intruder breaks into the camp!
- Who is Adam Woodyatt?
- Who is Simon Gregson?
- Who is David Ginola?
- Who is Frankie Bridge?
- Who is Arlene Phillips?
- Who is Richard Madeley?
- Who is Danny Miller?
- Who is Kadeena Cox?
- Who is Matty Lee?
- Who is Louise Minchin?
- Who is Snoochie Shy?
- Who is Naughty Boy?
She explained that she isn’t shown everything , but that her grandmother watches the show with the family – and is “comforted” to see him on screen every night.
Aisha told the hosts: “We watch all together every night, and when he does the trials, we make sure she doesn't watch it.
“With dementia, you tend to assume everything is true, so if she saw him in the trial, she'd think he was in trouble, so we don't let her watch him in the trials.
“But otherwise, she sees him on the TV, she'll talk to the TV like it's Facetime and she'll say, 'Hello my son' and she cheers for him, it's so sweet.
“Seeing him on the telly every night does give her comfort because otherwise she's very used to seeing him every day and although that did have an impact on her the first few days he was away, I think now she's very much used to him being away.
“She knows every day at nine o'clock he's on the TV.”
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV.
- Jacqueline Jossa boasts she’s ‘best friends’ with Caitlyn Jenner and I’m A Celeb star secretly gave her number to Kylie
- CHRISTOPHER STEVENS reviews last night's TV: Call the Police! Some clever-clogs at ITV has pinched a killer twist
- Dancing in the dark: She's the blind Dancing On Ice star who has enchanted viewers with her skill. Here, a very modest Libby Clegg, who began to lose her sight aged nine, explains why she really doesn't think she's anything special...
- Royal wedding LIVE: All of the dresses, royals, celebs, tears and gossip as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get married TODAY
- Who is Joshua Ritchie? Charlotte Crosby’s boyfriend and former Ex On The Beach and Love Island star
- Mum of bullied boy Quaden Bayles slams conspiracy theorists claiming he's 18
- 'It's taken a while to adjust': Alesha Dixon, 41, believes she's 'running out of time' to have a third child as she talks being mum to daughters Azura, 6, and Anaya, six months
- JLS star Oritsé Williams’ ex had to turn to foodbanks as dream life turned to hell
- Desperate mum reveals gaming addict son, 16, plays Fortnite up to 10 hours a day – and once punched a wall when he lost
- Coronation Street star Catherine Tyldesley reveals the exciting reason she's leaving the show
- Emmerdale's Charley Webb reunites with co-stars for special reason – and fans go wild!
- Kimberley Walsh weight loss: How the former Girls Aloud star shed three stone in baby weight
- Love Island stars’ hottest siblings from Lucie Donlan’s surfer sister to Gabby Allen’s model brother
- When Sobhita Dhulipala lost a role to a good boy
- EastEnders' Gillian Taylforth, 64, leaves with a male companion as she joins her glamorous co-stars Shona McGarty and Danielle Harold at the soap's wild 35th anniversary party
- I’m A Celebrity’s Emily Atack reveals sex is her favourite exercise — and it ‘burns off same calories as a Mars bar’
- Shattering the silence: Australians tell their stories of surviving domestic violence in the church
- I’m A Celebrity ‘renewed for three more years’ after Ant McPartlin’s return to the show
- Why Kate Middleton Is Suddenly Embracing Life in the Spotlight
- Quaden Bayles’ model sister treats him to makeover
I'm A Celeb star Naughty Boy's mum 'comforted' when she sees him on ITV show have 1036 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.