Fans of I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! have been left confused and upset at the realisation that some of their favourite contestants seem to be fading into the background.
Viewers noticed that some of the Gwrych castle campmates were shown on screen for considerably less time than their co-stars, including The Saturdays singer Frankie Bridge and Olympic diver Matty Lee .
Fans noticed a trend emerging as soap stars like Simon Gregson and Adam Woodyatt appear to receive more air time than any other contestant, possibly due to the hefty sign up fees that the actors were reportedly paid to take part in this year's series.
There is also a common theory that the more screen time a contestant gets, the more public votes they are likely to win as viewers begin to relate to and back the celebrity.
One Twitter user took to the social media website to voice their opinion on the matter: "Is it me or is Matty just getting ignored?”
Another fan swooned over the Olympic diver: "Poor Matty and his screen time. We don’t even get a waterfall shower of him. Waste of abs.”
Other fans have also realised that the same celebrities seem to be put forward for the bushtucker trials: “Literally the same people doing trial after trial – Boring, repetitive, annoying."
“The fact Simon has been shown more this episode than Louise, Matty and Frankie have been all season," said an angry viewer.
“Frankie, Matty, Danny (apart from one trial) really haven’t done much at all,” wrote another.
This is not the first time that the programme has been accused of setting particular contestants up for the win.
Back in November, fans claimed that Emmerdale's Danny Miller was taking up the most screen time out of all the contestants and that he was given an easy ride during an early trial.
Snoochie Shy tried every dish with a brave face but Danny vomited with almost every bite, a tactic that some people assume makes the scene more memorable and therefore imprints on the viewers mind.
An upset fan tweeted: "That eating trial was a fix! The meal wheel stopped and then moved backwards for Danny so he didn’t have to do it, and then he didn’t keep all the meals down either, and he had the easier meal options."
Another wrote: "Danny didn't deserve to win that trial. Sorry but there did appear to be unfair bias in Danny's favour."
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Growing Your Business By Branding Through SEO
- Noel Edmonds slams Sun on Sunday over report he is 'moving to New Zealand' after I'm A Celeb 'upset'
- Why Your Small Business Website Sucks and How to Fix It
- The Complete Guide to Launching a New Website
- Google Search Console: a complete overview
- How to Fix Your Brand's Bad Location Data
- The Complete Guide to Mastering Duplicate Content Issues
- The Complete List of Google Penalties & How to Recover
- The Complete Guide to Mastering Your Link and Navigation Structure
- What Did They Fix & How Did They Come Back So Fast?
- 10 Mistakes We’ve All Made on Social Media (And How To Fix Them)
- 5 SEO Questions with Marie Haynes: Google Algorithms, Penalty Fixes and Pro Tips for Site Owners
- Google Search Operators: The Complete List (42 Advanced Operators)
- Local SEO Mistakes and How To Fix Them #SEMrushchat Recap
- Can Negative Brand Mentions Affect Your Website's SEO & Rankings?
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Brand Perception with Reputation Management
- What Is Domain Authority (DA) ? – A Complete Guide For Beginners
- Coronation Street stalwart Andrew Whyment 'has signed up for I'm A Celebrity'... as bosses hope fans will get to see a different side to actor
- For $12,500, Home Is Where You Find It
- Beginners Guide: 26 Most Common WordPress Mistakes to Avoid
I'm A Celeb branded a 'fix' as some ITV campers are being 'completely ignored' have 653 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.