She updated fans as she was grilled by the presenter during the final ever episode hosted by Piers, before Kate takes over as host.
Kate is Piers' final Life Stories interview as he bows out of the ITV series having recorded 103 episodes with the likes of Dame Barbara Windsor, Sir Rod Stewart, and Dame Joan Collins.
It was previously announced that Kate will replace Piers as the host of three new episodes of Life Stories on ITV as part of the channel's winter line-up.
The latest episode saw her talk about her family and Derek's current condition.
But how is he now? Here's everything we know.
How is Derek Draper now as Kate Garraway appears on Life Stories?
Kate, 54, discussed her husband Derek's devastating battle recovering from Covid during Sunday's episode.
Derek was admitted to hospital in March 2020 after contracting Covid . The former Labour lobbyist was then placed in a medically induced coma to give his body time to recover from the virus, but did not wake up until several months later with his body ravaged from the disease.
However, Derek continued to defy the odds and was released from hospital in April allowing him to continue recovery at home with Kate and their two children Billy and Darcey.
Sharing an update on her husband's condition, Kate told Piers: 'It's moments like that which make you realise he is there, and we have had others. He will turn to me and say "I love you" . He is there, he has fought so hard to stay in this world and I'm not giving up on him, ever.
'He will have moments of clarity, then it's like he disappears but then he finds a voice.'
Piers Morgan's Life Stories with Kate Garraway is available to watch on ITV Hub.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Review: Life is Strange: Episode 2 – Not Your Average Girl
- ‘Life is Strange Episode 3’ Review
- Life is Strange: Episode 2 Has its Flaws, but Leaves You For More
- OPINION Playboy's Bunny Couldn't Make the Hop to the Web
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier – Episode 3 Review — Ties That Bind
- Unthink Rages Against the Facebook Machine
- How Ubisoft rebuilt Splinter Cell from the ground up with Blacklist
- Top X List: A Night at the GotGame MultiPlex
- The universal systems of Tom Francis
- In-Depth: Kajiya Productions On The Art Of Localizing
- Uncharted: Remastered, revisited, reassessed
- Gamasutra's Best of 2013: Alex Wawro's Top 5 Video Games
- From Super Mario Odyssey to Pokemon Stars and Super Smash Bros: predictions for Nintendo at E3 2017
- 5 reasons Star Trek continues to live long and prosper after 50 years
- This Year in Video Game Criticism: Farewell, 2013
- Trauma Team Developer Featurette #3
- "Appalachian Portfolio, 1959-1963" on exhibit at North Gate Hall
- Jack Black Headlines ‘Broken Age’ Voice Cast
- Fru review
- This Week In Video Game Criticism: Drive Down Mulholland To Bayonetta
How is Derek Draper now as Kate Garraway appears on Life Stories? have 593 words, post on metro.co.uk at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.