As the month of December gets underway, people will be getting up each morning and opening up the little cardboard doors of their advent calendars.
No matter how old we get, there’s still such pleasure that can be derived from having a chocolate surprise each day.
Or so we thought…
However, it seems some people weren’t quite so happy after taking a look behind door number one earlier this week.
A few chocolate fans who had purchased the Cadbury Heroes advent calendar claim to have been left fuming and disappointed after discovering they had been given a Creme Egg sweet for December 1.
Get the news you want straight to your inbox. Sign up for a Mirror newsletter here.
Some people proclaimed on social media that it had “ruined Christmas” for them while others thought they were “being punished”.
Over on Twitter , one user asked: “Why was the first day of the Heroes advent calendar a Cream Egg. Clearly December ain’t gonna be a good month.”
While another person demanded a refund, saying: “Nah my first chocolate in the Heroes advent calendar is a Creme Egg. I want a refund.”
Someone else wrote: “Got a Heroes advent calendar. First door I open is Creme Egg, day ruined and Christmas cancelled. Fuming.”
However, not everyone was upset by the Creme Egg chocolate.
One relived customer posted: “Thank god the first door of my Heroes advent calendar was a good one cos if it was fudge or an Eclair I’d of cried.”
A second thought: “You know it’ll be a good month when the first chocolate in your heroes advent calendar is Creme Egg.”
The Mirror have contacted Cadbury for comment.
This isn’t the first time an advent calendar door has divided people – last year many were left outraged when they received mini Bounty bars on the first day opening their Mars Celebrations calendar.
And some say they had Bounty chocolate for four days straight.
But they won’t have to worry this year as Mars have not launched an advent calendar for 2021.
Do you have a story to share? We want to hear all about it. Email us at [email protected]
- 'British theatre is on the brink of total collapse': West End producer Sonia Friedman warns the performing arts industry could be ruined by the coronavirus crisis
- Harry Potter fan creates amazing ‘magical’ face masks that show the Marauder’s Map when you breathe
- HBO releasing the Snyder Cut of Justice League shows toxic fans are winning
- Coronavirus and sports: UEFA chief claims 'football with fans will be back soon'
- Harvick Wins at Darlington as NASCAR Returns to Racing
- Life on a razor's edge
- 'We can beat anyone': Confident Andrew Bogut claims Australia can be basketball world champions after their historic win over the USA
- Dunedin retains 'home of chocolate' tag
- The World’s Most Famous Walrus Is Being Abused, Trainers Say
- What Is a Summer Movie Anyway?
- How to watch the Star Wars movies in order (release and chronological)
- FMIA: NFL Has A ‘Broken System’ For Minority Hiring. Here Is How To Fix It
- Andretti, Fittipaldi, Stewart recount their Zandvoort tales
- Bakersfield Native Kevin Harvick Wins NASCAR’s Return Race
- Kevin Harvick wins at Darlington as NASCAR returns to racing
- In the Jungle: Inside the Long, Hidden Genealogy of ‘The Lion Sleeps Tonight’
- That Office AC System Is Great — at Recirculating Viruses
- Kevin Harvick wins as NASCAR returns with race at Darlington
- Ruth Wilson: ‘The industry sells sex… and that’s confusing’
- What if Gazza scored against Germany in Euro 96 semi-final?
Fuming Cadbury fans demand refunds for Heroes advent calendar as it's 'ruined Christmas' have 587 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.