ROMAN GROSJEAN has revealed the shocking scars on his hands 12 months on from his horror Formula 1 crash.
The former Haas driver, who retired at the end of the 2020 season, was engulfed in flames after crashing at 140mph at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix .
Incredibly, he managed to jump out of the car and escape with only injuries to his hands.
When holding up his hands to show Rosberg , Grosjean added: “The right is good, the left a little less good.”
And in the aftermath of the crash he talked through the torturous moments when he realised the severity of the incident.
He said: “To come out of the flames that day is something that will mark my life forever.
Most read in Motorsport
“I have a lot of people who have shown me love and it has touched me a lot, and at times I get a bit teary-eyed.
“I don’t know if the word miracle exists or if it can be used, but in any case I would say it wasn’t my time [to die].
“It felt much longer than 28 seconds. I saw my visor turning all orange, I saw the flames on the left side of the car.
“I thought about a lot of things, including Niki Lauda, and I thought that it wasn’t possible to end up like that, not now. I couldn’t finish my story in Formula One like that.
“And then, for my children, I told myself that I had to get out. I put my hands in the fire, so I clearly felt it burning on the chassis.
“I got out, then I felt someone pulling on the suit, so I knew I was out.”
- Horror conventions bringing culture of scares to NJ
- End Zone: Odell Beckham Jr.'s amazing catch made him a household name... but what's next for the Giants star?
- Heartbreak and horror as Oklahoma State deals with another plane crash and the four lives lost
- Jenson Button wins Belgian Grand Prix
- 15 bad habits New Yorkers need to toss for the new year
- 50 best songs of 2016
- Celebrating the celebrities of 2014: From Grumpy Cat to Bill Murray's photobombs
- World Trade Center and the Pentagon are attacked in 2001
- Year in Review: 50 stories from 50 states
- Archive: Five portraits of lives forever changed by 9/11
- Readers sound off on Ol’ Blue Eyes, CIA torture and Iran’s nukes
- February 2017 concerts in Phoenix: Blink-182, Ariana Grande, Jake Owen, Alter Bridge, AFI, Young the Giant
- Local music picks for Phoenix: Decker., Paper Foxes, Playboy Manbaby, Herbert Walker
- Other celebrities who died before age 30
- Blind and abandoned, a chance meeting gave this boy a friend for life
- Top concert picks for Phoenix: Run the Jewels, Ace Frehley, Frank Turner, Code Orange, Mike Doughty, Dorothy
- The Nets have finally found a home in Brooklyn
- 25 years after L.A. riots, Dodgers, Lakers reflect on violent week
- West Point's Kelsey Minato is a ruthless scoring machine who treats every game as though she's going into battle
- Orphans come back to ‘The Home’ that took them in when no one else could
F1 star Romain Grosjean shows off horror burns on hand 12 months on from fireball crash at Bahrain GP have 626 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.