Coronation Street: Sarah Platt applies lip liner
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Sarah (played by Tina O’Brien) has been enjoying her marriage to Adam (Sam Robertson) in recent months, despite the latter cheating on her with Carla Connor (Alison King) late last year. The couple are one of the happiest on Coronation Street at the moment and their relationship keeps on growing from strength to strength. However, when the mother of three suspects she is pregnant in next week’s episodes of the ITV soap, it’s everything she and her husband could have wished for. Unfortunately, she might have to tell her spouse there is a chance the baby is not his.
The drama kicks off as Sarah tries to take charge of everything at the Underworld Factory and her busy schedule sees her attend meeting after meeting.
One of her meetings next week is with a client called Gavin, who turns up with his personal assistant Lydia (Rebecca Ryan) in tow.
It seems Sarah has got the managerial role under control as it’s not long before she and Gavin are striking a deal.
Unfortunately, it seems behind the scenes she hasn’t been feeling too well and Lydia is the first to mention how dishevelled the businesswoman looks.
As the discussions reach a conclusion, the client’s PA thinks there is a high chance the mother of three could be pregnant again.
Coronation Street heartbreak as Sarah Platt pregnant but Adam Barlow is not the father? (Image: ITV)
Coronation Street spoilers: Sarah Platt feel under the weather (Image: ITV)
After discussing expanding their family earlier this year, Sarah bolts home to tell her husband the good news she could be carrying a baby.
Adam is over the moon with excitement as this would be his first child whereas his wife has had three in the past.
As well as Bethany Platt (Lucy Fallon), the mother of three also had a son called Billy who died shortly after birth and Harry Platt (Freddie and Isaac Rhodes).
The couple will be beaming but it seems Lydia could cast a black shadow over their sunshine in the coming months as she will be sticking around.
It’s been teased the newcomer will be a woman from Adam’s past and it’s fair to say, this will begin a brand-new and explosive storyline for the solicitor.
Coronation Street spoilers: Sarah Platt tells Adam Barlow her good news (Image: ITV)
I think she’s a bit of a sucker
As he tries to prepare himself for fatherhood, the idea of having Lydia watching his every move could make him unnerved.
However, the newcomer could start playing mind games with him as she tries to use his vulnerabilities to her advantage.
Knowing he has cheated in the past, Lydia could suggest this time around Sarah could have cheated on him and got pregnant by another man.
Having been working so many long hours recently, Adam could start to suspect this is the case and it would immediately bring an end to his happiness.
He would confront Sarah as he would want to know if he was the father or not but this could put a serious strain on their relationship.
DON’T MISS… Simon Gregson health: Coronation Street star’s ‘bloody awful’ illness [COMMENT] 'Horrific to be locked in my house!’ Daniel Brocklebank on struggles [COMMENT] Alex Scott’s failed date with Corrie star: ‘Not a great start!’ [COMMENT]
Coronation Street spoilers: Sarah Platt could have got pregnant by Gary Windass (Image: ITV)
Although she would profess her innocence, the mother of three has lied to him in the past, in particular when it comes to Gary Windass (Mikey North).
The troublesome character had his own marital problems earlier this year with his wife, Maria Connor (Samia Longchambon).
With Adam working long hours and Maria playing hot and cold with Gary, he could have leaned on his ex-girlfriend for support.
As one thing lead to another, the pair could have ended up in bed together but tried to forget about the night immediately after it happened.
Though, a baby could be a permanent reminder of their affair but will Sarah be able to convince Adam the child is his?
Or will Lydia twist the knife and keep dropping doubts into Adam’s ear about how his doting wife could have betrayed him?
Last year, Adam was dubious about whether his wife still had feelings for Gary when he saved her from being run over by a car.
Speaking of her character’s feelings for her ex, the actress who plays Sarah, Tina, said: “I think it's that feeling of 'Oh my gosh, I could love you and hate you in equal measures'.
“If that makes sense because that thing there it's like he gets her and I think he presses her buttons but I think he also…she knows that he does care about her.
“And I think she’s a bit of a sucker for the fact that she knew how much he loved her, so I think there is that moment that she thinks something could happen, but I think she would say she's probably relieved that she doesn't.”
Discussing Adam’s involvement in the love triangle, Tina added: “It's a tricky one because I can understand why Adam thinks that Sarah's got feelings for Gary.
“She wasn’t being very honest with him and she wasn't behaving as she should really, she should’ve been more open with him.
“I think she's got trust issues based on what happened with Callum that she maybe doesn't want to open herself up.
“But I do think that she is under no illusion that if she’d carried this on, she could lose her husband,” she added.
But will she lose her husband regardless of telling the truth this time?
- Coronation Street's exit sealed as Simon Barlow killed by Harvey before disaster strikes?
- Coronation Street spoilers: Emily Bishop to exit the show
- Coronation Street star Tina O Brien’s teen daughter is her double
- From Tina McIntyre’s murder to Hayley Cropper’s death: Our top 5 Coronation Street storylines of 2014
- Coronation Street spoilers: More tragedy as cast film funeral scenes
- Coronation Street's Kate Connor to return to Weatherfield in devastating death twist?
- Coronation Street family betrayal as Emma Brooker steals money from Steve?
- Coronation Street bombshell as Abi Franklin pregnant with Imran leaving Toyah distraught?
- Coronation Street's Corey Brent murders Abi Franklin during explosive tragedy?
- Coronation Street's Michelle Connor returns to Weatherfield with former lover?
- Coronation Street murder to rock the cobbles as dark secret leads to terrifying exit?
- Coronation Street scandal as Aadi Alahan and Kelly Neelan team up to take down Dev?
- EastEnders spoilers LIVE – Fans in SHOCK at Denise’s ‘engagement’ discovery, plus Coronation Street and Emmerdale latest
- Coronation Street exit for Corey Brent as he attempts to flee country?
- Coronation Street villain Corey Brent returns after exit in horror revenge plot?
- Coronation Street's Peter Barlow dies saving Simon from vengeful Harvey in horror scenes?
- Coronation Street heartache as Sam Blakeman put up for adoption in harrowing death twist?
- Coronation Street's Abi Franklin saves Corey Brent from drowning in surprising twist?
- Coronation Street spoilers: Tyrone affair twist, Simon in danger and drugs death fears
- Coronation Street spoilers: Carla struggles to cope after dad Johnny's tragic death
Coronation Street heartbreak as Sarah Platt pregnant but Adam Barlow is not the father? have 1434 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.