The Arizona Coyotes appear to be running the risk of losing access to their arena even sooner than expected.
According to a report in The Athletic on Wednesday, the City of Glendale will lock the Coyotes out of Gila River Arena if the club does not pay its delinquent tax bills and unpaid arena charges by Dec. 20.
Earlier this month, the Arizona Department of Revenue filed a tax lien notice against IceArizona Hockey LLC, which owns the Coyotes, for unpaid state and city taxes in excess of $1.3 million.
The City of Glendale is owed approximately $250,000 in unpaid city taxes, per a letter from city manager Kevin Phelps to Arizona CEO and team president Xavier Gutierrez sent on Wednesday. The rest of that balance is owed directly to the state.
A notice was sent to ASM, the Gila Arena Management company, and Gutierrez about the cancellation of the team’s business license. Arizona has a 10-day appeal process available for why their business license should not be revoked, but the city is giving them an extra two days.
The Coyotes have until 5 p.m. local time on Dec. 20 to settle their outstanding totals or the City of Glendale will deny Arizona’s personnel and vendors access to the venue.
This is the latest chapter in the Coyotes’ arena saga. In August, Arizona was told the City of Glendale was opting out of its lease agreement with the team at the end of this NHL season. Negotiations between the sides had been ongoing on a potential extension but nothing was finalized and either side had the option to exit the deal.
- Trump issued ANOTHER pardon with less than an hour left of his presidency: Fox News star Jeanine Pirro's tax fraudster ex-husband Albert - who used to represent Donald - is given clemency
- Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley 'wants to buy Sir Philip Green's Topshop empire Arcadia Group' - two years after saying he wouldn't pay a POUND for it - as experts warn it faces 'inevitable' ruin within days putting 13,000 jobs at risk at 'worst possible ti
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 20
- Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool, Man Utd, Mbappe to Real, Alli ‘set to leave’ Tottenham, Haaland, Messi and Barcelona
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Electoral College cements Biden’s win as nation’s 46th president
- States With the Biggest Native American Populations
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 25
- Trump PARDONS Steve Bannon: President grants clemency to 143 people including White House strategist who 'defrauded MAGA fans out of $1M', Lil Wayne, Kodak Black and convicted politicians
- FMIA: Ten For Tom—Brady Heading Back To Another Super Bowl, Bringing Buccaneers To Meet Chiefs In Tampa
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 25
- Trump Has Pardoned Lil Wayne Days Before The Rapper Was Due To Be Sentenced
Arizona Coyotes face Dec. 20 lockout from Gila River Arena over unpaid taxes, fees, report says have 449 words, post on abcnews.go.com at December 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.