Fellow celebs and the staff that work on the show were left concerned with Richard’s condition and medics had to be called in to help the star. It has since been reported that the Good Morning Britain presenter was ‘incoherent’ with dehydration.
A statement confirmed the TV presenter would not be returning to the Castle, and he was reportedly ‘livid’ .
It did mean that he missed the carnage caused by Storm Arwen that forced the show off air for the first time in 19 years.
He returned to GMB on Monday, November 29, and spoke of his experience.
He said: “I think what happened to me was, I think I got dehydrated, that’s all it was. But dehydration is actually quite disturbing. It’s not a pleasant thing.
“I think I had been up for 20 hours the day before, and the day before that having very long days. We were sleeping quite late.
There were rumours of replacement, but this is no longer happening. So what happened to Richard Madeley in the castle?
What happened to Richard Madeley?
Richard was rushed to the nearby hospital after falling ill on Wednesday evening.
He agreed that he was incoherent and explained: “I don't think I got to bed until four or four-thirty in the morning and I knew I was feeling thirsty. I’m quite bad at remembering to drink actually, drink water.
“As I snuggled into my sleeping bag, it was freezing, I thought ‘I haven’t had a big drink for a while, I’ll do it when I wake up’.”
At the time of his brief illness, his daughter Chloe thanked people for their messages of support for her father.
“Thanks for all your lovely messages. Dad’s absolutely fine, we’ve been speaking to him all day and ultimately, he’s just livid he can’t go back into camp because of Covid restrictions,” she said.
“He did himself proud, though. He worked hard and was his calm, collected, kind and funny self. We are so proud.”
Will I’m A Celebrity carry on?
The future of this series of the hit ITV show was briefly in doubt due to the weather conditions.
Storm Arwen reportedly destroyed much of the set and left a scene that looked like ‘Glastonbury’.
ITV said: “Whilst we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues due to the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle.”
The show will return on Tuesday night and n its place on Monday night’s schedule, Freddie and Jamie’s DNA Journey will air instead at 9pm on ITV.
Tuesday’s show will include a live public vote for a new trial to be revealed by Ant & Dec and the end of the programme.
Will Richard Madeley be replaced on I’m A Celebrity 2021?
Many of the viewers of the show were disappointed that Richard had to leave as they were enjoying his appearances. Some have even likened him to actor and comedian Steve Coogan’s satirical character Alan Partirdge.
One person wrote on Twitter: “Really gutted Madeley has had to leave #ImACeleb I was really looking forward to him going full Partridge.”
But as Richard was part of a covid-secure bubble while on the show, he was not allowed to return.
A stand in was rumoured in the form of Rudimental musician DJ Locksmith, but this has since been confirmed not to be happening.
- Richard Madeley shows off bleach blonde hair after dying it in lockdown
- Richard Madeley fears quarantine plans for over-70s could ‘tear couples apart’
- Where will I’m A Celebrity 2021 be filmed? Australia or Wales?
- This Morning viewers thrilled as Richard and Judy return to present the ITV show
- James Haskell and Chloe Madeley ‘had a sex marathon’ after he left I’m A Celeb
- I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! SPOILER: Hollywood actress 'producers have wanted for years' is joining the 2021 season (and she's very familiar to Aussie viewers)
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Next thing I know, she's on top of me, our clothes are off.' Brandi Glanville lifts lid on affair with Denise Richards, who instigated sex after first hookup when actress threw her against bathroom wall to make out after asking to see breasts
- Jacqueline Jossa and Dan Osborne 'leaving bad memories behind' with house move
- Chloe Madeley and James Haskell flog saucy snaps on X-rated website OnlyFans
- 'Producers were gutted!' I'm A Celeb runner-up Jordan North 'replaced Naughty Boy in the show after the rapper pulled out at the last minute due to a family illness'
- I’m A Celebrity 2020 final recap – Giovanna Fletcher crowned Queen of the Castle after 12 million votes
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Des O'Connor to Diego Maradona
- 'The toughest three weeks of my life!' Jordan North reveals he was a 'last minute' REPLACEMENT on the I'm A Celeb line-up after 'someone dropped out' as he gets candid about his stint and divulges what viewers didn't see
- ‘Furious’ Sky News bosses ‘take Kay Burley off the air until 2021’ after she admitted ‘inadvertently’ breaking Tier 2 rules during 60th birthday celebrations
- I’m A Celebrity bosses plan to keep show in Wales — but fans really want return to Australia
- The top young movers and shakers of 2021: Forbes reveals the 600 entrepreneurs, activists, scientists and entertainers on the verge of making it big
- Inside AJ Pritchard’s incredible I’m A Celebrity-themed welcome home party thrown by girlfriend Abbie
- Claudia Winkleman replaces Graham Norton as host of BBC Radio 2's Saturday morning show - and says she's 'gobsmacked' at getting the role
- Tess Daly says she’s ‘barely slept’ over fears for ‘hungry and cold’ husband Vernon Kay on I’m A Celebrity
- Tess Daly begs fans to vote for Vernon Kay on I’m A Celebrity with a sexy video of him in the shower
Why did Richard Madeley leave I'm A Celebrity 2021 – and will he be replaced? have 993 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.