Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s exit reportedly came after a "difficult" time in adjusting with the royal family due to “pecking order”.
According to royal expert Andrew Morton, the Sussexes decided to step down as senior members of the royal family due to the reason that their influence within the Firm was based on their position and not their popularity.
“They are courted by famous people,” he said.
“I mean, thousands of people turned out to see them [in New York, during their visit in September]. They are popular and what they found difficult to accept was that inside the Royal Family it’s not about popularity, it’s about the position.
He added that they didn’t “get the funding they wanted” or “the support they wanted” from the firm as they were both “lower down the totem pole”.
“It’s exactly the same as what happened with Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon.
“They were the glamorous faces of the Swinging Sixties but inside the Royal Family they were lower down… the Queen Mother, the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Princess Anne… they were all part of the main branch of the Royal Family, unlike Margaret and Snowdon.
“It’s a remarkable parallel that Meghan and Harry are the same way.”
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's royal exit helped family put feud aside
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Montecito estate is basis for eye-opening book
- How Meghan Markle's royal exit echoes Princess Mako of Japan
- Queen ‘may NEVER meet Lilibet’ and Prince Harry & Meghan Markle may MISS Platinum Jubilee after security row
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle fans infuriated after UK Home Office's 'mad' decision
- Royal family mentally preparing for another Prince Harry, Meghan Markle bombshell
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle forced Kate Middleton to ‘counteract’ unsettling revelations
- How Prince Harry, Meghan Markle marked Kate Middleton's birthday
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle also sent Kate birthday wishes off the record: Report
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle leaving Queen ‘clear precedent’ with Prince Andrew title row
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle ‘hold the key’ to Prince Andrew’s fate: report
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle plans for Queen’s Platinum Jubilee leaked
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle ‘stepped back to step ahead’ of Royal Family’
- How Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's failed security bid drags Prince Charles, Camilla
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle ‘facing pressure’ over 2020 Archewell figures
- Bernice ‘grateful’ to Prince Harry, Meghan Markle for honoring her father Martin Luther King Jr
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's Netflix deal in question after no content produced
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s intentions for Archewell called out after 2020 financial report
- Prince Harry accused of 'making Queen's life more difficult' with legal action threat
- GMB's Alex Beresford blasts Prince Harry's critics after royal demands police protection
What firm did to push Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to make royal exit have 437 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.