Thomas Tuchel reviews Chelsea’s draw with Manchester United
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Chelsea ‘s superb start to the current season has given fans plenty of reason to be happy as the Blues look to claim their first title for five seasons. And ex-player Pat Nevin has given manager Thomas Tuchel two demands if they are to keep their position at the summit of the league.
Having endured a poor start to life in the Premier League under Frank Lampard last season, the club languished in eighth upon Tuchel’s arrival.
The German managed to climb to fourth with the Blues as they qualified for the Champions League once again, although that wasn’t their best achievement as they won the Champions League for the second time in their history.
Tuchel’s focus will now be on the Premier League title – and Nevin has given the ex-Borussia Dortmund man two pointers if the club are to claim the crown.
“We will not change the attitude tomorrow or for any of the nine, yes nine games in December,” Nevin told Chelsea’s official website.
Thomas Tuchel’s men are well and truly in the title race (Image: GETTY)
“With that many games in such a short period of time there will need to be some heavy rotation, but just as importantly, we have to dominate possession.
“You can rest when you have the ball, you cannot when you are chasing it.
“Do that and we could come out of this month the way we enter it, top of the league and still in every competition.
“We are anything but clones of Man City, I happen to think we have a quicker more dynamic style, but we share that bravery on the ball and I hope we never lose it, even when there is the odd goal lost.”
Chelsea currently sit top of the Premier League by a point, alongside their Champions League group after beating Juventus 4-0 last week.
Tuchel is looking to bring the domestic title to Stamford Bridge for the first time since 2016-17 when the club convincingly ruled the roost (just to avoid saying title twice in same sentence) under Antonio Conte.
And with the west London outfit still in the Carabao Cup and yet to even embark on their forthcoming FA Cup campaign, there is still an unprecedented quadruple on the cards.
Arsenal sweating on Bukayo Saka fitness ahead of Man Utd tie
Liverpool urged to sign Aston Villa’s McGinn as Henderson replacement
‘Elite manager’ – How Man Utd’s rivals reacted to Ralf Rangnick news
Players like Mason Mount will be vital in Chelsea’s title charge (Image: GETTY)
Chelsea’s last double came in 2014-15 when they won the league and League Cup double.
Yet with the club yet to complete a treble, there may be no better time to do so given how strong Tuchel’s team look this year.
The Blues take on Watford on Wednesday evening in a bid to stay at the top of the league.
Yet with Watford having enjoyed a giant-killing against Manchester United earlier this month, Chelsea will have to be wary of the hosts’ threat at Vicarage Road.
- John Terry reveals only two clubs tried to sign him from Chelsea during his 19-year tenure… Huddersfield and Man City
- 3 things learned: Man United v. Man City
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard and wife Christine chat to mounted police as they take stroll with daughter Patricia
- Jurgen Klopp exclusive: Liverpool boss on early days, man management, Borussia Dortmund, punditry and more...
- Watch Mario Balotelli show off incredible skills on rooftop deck as ex-Man City star deals with strict Italy lockdown
- Bayern Munich hope to seal Leroy Sane transfer for knockdown £61m this summer as he enters final year of Man City deal
- Paul Merson Says: Even Pep Guardiola wouldn't help this Arsenal side challenge for the title
- Frank Lampard backs his Chelsea kids to challenge for Prem title in future – but calls for transfer reinforcements
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video)
- Antonio Conte reveals Chelsea’s main title rivals
- The 86 Premier League stars who can quit their clubs for FREE on July 1 with Chelsea and Bournemouth hit hard
- Chelsea and Arsenal legend Fabregas would snub Ronaldo and Messi and sign Mbappe instead if he was a manager
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat
- On this day in sport: Chelsea reach UCL final, Sachin was born
- Aubameyang warned Man Utd won’t win Premier League title for ‘years’ by Arsenal legend Nicholas amid £50m transfer talk
- Robin van Persie: Seven years on from Man Utd's last Premier League hat-trick and title
- Final Premier League 2019/20 table predicted with Man Utd finishing fifth and Tottenham just pipping Arsenal to eighth
- Coronavirus in sport: Liverpool mayor demands probe into Champions League tie against Atletico Madrid
- Henderson and Maguire lead Prem stars as they donate £4MILLION to NHS for coronavirus fight
- Jose Mourinho agreed to take over Liverpool before Chelsea swooped with massive offer in 2004, explosive book claims
Two demands made of Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel to win Man City and Liverpool title fight have 957 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.