A tourist in Phillippines was savaged by a 12-foot crocodile after as he posed with it to snap some selfies. Nehemias Chipada, 68, climbed in a pool with the reptile at a theme park in the Philippines to take pictures, believing it to be a life-like model.
Chipada, from the Misamis Oriental province, was visiting the Amaya View amusement park in Cagayan de Oro City with his family to celebrate his birthday on November 10, when the attack took place.
As Chipada stood holding his phone in his right hand, the crocodile lunged at him grabbing his dangling left arm and dragging him into the water in front of his terrified family, Yahoo News reported.
Fortunately, Chipada was able to break free of the animal and escape with his limbs intact, reportedly taking with him one of the crocodile’s teeth. According to his daughter, Chipada is recovering from the attack in Northern Mindanao Medical Center and had received surgery on his left arm.
Chipada and his family members were posing and taking pictures with concrete replicas of animals in Amaya View’s fenced-off Noah’s Ark exhibition. The 68-year-old believed that the crocodile was another of the replicas and stood next to it, giving it a tap on the head moments before the savage attack, Philippine News Agency reported.
On Tuesday, Chipada’s family said that they would no longer be pressing charges against the management of the resort after the two parties reached an agreement.
Amaya View management said it has agreed to provide financial assistance to help pay for the medical expenses of Chipada.
In a statement, they wrote: “Our company nurse responded immediately; she administered first-aid as he was rushed to the nearest hospital. He is currently at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center where he had his operation, and is now recovering in a suite room.”
Park management added it remains committed to settling all of Chipada’s medical bills until he is fully recuperated.
Amaya View officials also said that this was the first such incident that had occurred in the adventure park since it began operations in 2017. Its general manager, Peter Guibone, said that such incidents were not expected by the park as the crocodile’s pit was fenced and has warning signs of wild animals inside the facility.
There are three crocodiles in the Noah Ark enclosure, kept apart from the exhibit’s other creatures like snakes, birds, tigers, peacocks, alpacas, and various farm animals.
The statement from the adventure park, a mountain resort that overlooks the urban district of Cagayan de Oro City, continued: “As a family-oriented resort, Amaya View takes the responsibility of ensuring our guests’ safety with paramount importance and we will continue to be dedicated to our vision and mission of providing safe, fun, and educational attractions and adventures for everyone.”
- Longtime fan! Bindi Irwin shares a bittersweet throwback photo of new husband Chandler Powell as a child posing with a Crocodile Hunter DVD
- Self-isolation is sexy! Steve Irwin's 'hot niece' Rebecca Lobie poses braless in a white T-shirt and underpants at home amid coronavirus pandemic
- A five foot tall ROBOT tour guide called Betty will lead visitors around Churchill's birthplace at Blenheim Palace and post selfies on social media
- Shark bites off tourist's foot, mauls another at Australia's Great Barrier Reef
- 'Isolation greys!': Una Healy displays her silver roots in stunning selfie as she urges fans to 'let go of their insecurities' during coronavirus lockdown
- Sofia Vergara poses for an adorable selfie with her sweet chihuahua while self-isolating in her Beverly Hills home
- Shocking video shows tourists feeding caged tigers with FISHING POLES at a Chinese zoo
- Get Back (inside): Indian officials force 10 tourists to write 'sorry' 500 times after being caught wandering through ancient city where The Beatles sought spirituality in 1968
- France honors 'hero' policeman who died in terrorist attack
- Bella Thorne beams while sporting a belly-baring blue top and low-rise jeans in quarantine selfies
- Charli XCX goes topless as she poses in her underwear for racy new snaps with boyfriend Huck Kwong after confirming surprise new album
- Man wrongly arrested over Berlin attack says he fears for his life
- Respiratory, organ failure and heart attacks killing Covid patients: Study
- Rita Ora showcases her toned physique in striped top and dark shorts as she poses alone in field while self-isolating amid lockdown
- Luca Scatà: rookie police officer who shot Berlin attack suspect
- Mother whose son, 12, with cerebral palsy died when hospital failed to spot he had sepsis reveals his twin believes his brother visits him in his dreams to stop him feeling lonely
- Love Island's Amber Davies struggles to contain her assets in a black bandeau bikini as she shares slew of sizzling selfies from home
- Ferne McCann shows off her incredible physique in barely-there bikini as she poses up a storm in quarantine... after gushing over her romance with beau Albie Gibbs
- India coronavirus: Doctor's reattach policeman's hand severed in lockdown attack
- Latest coronavirus news in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 12
Tourist Attacked By 12 Foot Crocodile After Posing With It For A Selfie have 814 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.