The Chase: Mark Labbett says 'no chit chat'
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Stand-up comedian and comic book enthusiast Seb appeared on The Chase on Friday and took on Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett in the hopes of pocketing some cash. From the get-go Seb was full of one-liners and cheeky combacks, poking fun at Mark for making “bad jokes” as he offered the ITV contestant a high offer of £36,000 and a low of -£2,000. As Seb continued to make funny remarks, a frustrated Mark eventually hit back, telling him: “You crack the jokes, I’ll answer the questions.”
Seb had told Bradley how much he would love to visit the Great Wall of China, and as Mark appeared to face his questions he made a joke about the destination.
“I spent two weeks at the Great Wall of China, next year I’m going to an Indian restaurant instead.”
Seb shook his head and grimaced at the joke, as Mark continued: “That was straight from the Bradley Walsh joke book.”
“It was not Seb, you know I’m better than that,” the host replied.
The Chase: Mark snapped at Seb for ‘cracking jokes’ (Image: ITV)
The Chase: Braldey wanted to Seb to stay on the show (Image: ITV)
As Mark gave Seb a low offer of -£2,000, Bradley remarked: “That will teach you.”
As Seb considered his options, he took the words out of Bradley’s mouth as he commented: “I’ll chat to the team.”
Bradley burst out laughing, commenting: “Absolutely brilliant.”
Making his decision, Seb joked: “I wouldn’t get out of bed for £36,000. You can’t even get a bed for £36,000, can you?
The Chase: Mark made a jibe towards Seb (Image: ITV)
The Chase: Facts from 10 years of the show (Image: Express)
“If it was higher, I’d go for it. I’ll stick with the £6,000 I think.”
“Are you sure?” Bradley asked. The funny contestant replied: “No – let’s do it. What’s the worst that can happen?”
“You better get through mate,” the 61-year-old host laughed. “I don’t want to see you go out.”
As Seb answered his first question wrong, Seb continued to crack wise with Bradley.
However, an irked Mark didn’t see the funny side as he barked: “Please keep cracking the jokes, I’ll just concentrate on answering the questions.”
EastEnders revenge as Bobby Beale exposes Harvey to police? [SPOILER] Strictly Come Dancing’s Dan Walker admits ‘dropping’ Nadiya in rehears [VIDEO] Eamonn Holmes to LEAVE This Morning for GB News role [LATEST]
Seb was able to make it back to his team with £6,000 though, much to Mark’s dismay.
“I knew it, unfortunately, he guessed it,” the Chaser commented. “That’s life.”
Meanwhile, viewers quickly took to Twitter to comment on Seb’s humorous comments.
Barry McWilliams wrote: “Seb was funny #TheChase.”
Twitter user major tuat penned: “This guy’s hilarious #TheChase.”
“Seb is a ssstar #TheChase,” chimed @BoycottQ2. (sic).
Unfortunately for the team, despite earning a promising £20,000, they were no match for Mark during the Final Chase and left with nothing.
The Chase airs weekdays at 5pm on ITV.
- The Chase fans gobsmacked by Anne Hegerty's 'brutal' jibe: 'Not much use'
- 'Boo!' The Chase's Bradley Walsh aims sarcastic jab at rival quiz show Pointless
- 'Let me finish!' Bradley Walsh fumes as The Chase contestants interrupt 'Can't do my job'
- 'Stop ramming it down our throats' The Chase fans fume over climate change special
- The Chase’s Bradley Walsh makes savage dig at The Beast as he jokes he’d make Maldives ‘disappear’
- Bradley Walsh says he was forced to miss huge US opportunity due to The Chase
- Bradley Walsh blasts ‘disgusting’ Russell Kane after cruel dig at Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett’s weight
- The Chase fans beside themselves over uncanny celeb lookalike contestant
- Bradley Walsh gives Blankety Blank contestant ‘yellow card’ after VERY rude comment about Greg Wallace
- Question of Sport fans outraged as Top Gear star joins panel: 'What sport has he done!'
- Eamonn Holmes' This Morning replacement 'unveiled' as Vernon Kay as odds slashed?
- Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby slammed for This Morning segment 'Wrong message'
- Kevin Clifton's need to 'impress' Strictly colleagues is behind strange unearthed picture
- The 95 best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- What show were you most upset to see left off this year’s Best Of TV list?
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: Chris Estrada Haunts
- 1980s sitcoms
- Aaron Rodgers and Mehmet Oz Don’t Know Absolutely Everything
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 – Angry fans CONVINCED they’ve spotted clue ‘proving’ Tom Fletcher was voted off in a BBC fix
- Comic-Con 2016 Preview Night and Thursday Schedule Released
The Chase’s Mark Labbett vents frustration at ‘comedian’ contestant: ‘You crack the jokes' have 941 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.