The 44-year-old took to Instagram on Monday to share the reality of what it is like to take part in a beloved BBC dance competition as he continues to power through the competition with his professional dance partner Nadiya Bychkova.
During last week's performance, the pair danced the Rumba which received a score of 31 from the judges table that placed them second from the bottom on the Strictly leaderboard.
Although three of the judges scored the doting dad quite highly, harsh judge Craig Revel Horwood continued to mark Dan down for his dancing abilities.
After they completed their routine, Craig confessed that their performance was "better than expected" before he slammed the TV star for his wooden delivery of the ballroom classic.
He went on to describe the routine as "jolty", noting: "This hip action was non-existent. Yeah, you wiggled your hips, great, but anyone can do that."
And he wasn’t the only person who was up in arms about the stiff performance, as viewers soon took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the dance online.
One persistent user inundated the TV star with a slew of cruel comments online including "If Tilly goes out I'm suing you and you s**t dancing" followed by "[I] hope you go bald."
Alongside snaps of the mean messages online, Dan penned: "Thanks again for all the lovely messages about #Strictly.
"We're delighted that so many are enjoying watching an awkward dad getting taught by a double world-champion.
"I've attached just 3 of the 1000s of positive messages from the weekend but also my favourite angry one."
He went on: "'I hope you go bald' is just the best ever. I'm also intrigued by how you would go about suing someone for their dancing!"
And it wasn't long before he was flooded with supportive comments from his famous friends and loving fans online.
Professional chefs Crain & Shaun McAnuff wrote: "Haters gon hate!" while former Strictly Come Dancing professional Kevin Clifton added: "I'm gonna sue you is sooooo stupid".
European golfer Lee Westwood chimed in with: "The angry ones have properly made me LOL this morning! Could've been worse. Could've said, 'hope you get the shanks!'."
Fellow BBC sports reporter Caroline De Moraes agreed: "The angry ones are so odd, it takes more energy to hate – bizarre comments for a tv show!"
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
- Spurs rally to stun Heat in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- 13 more mind-blowing psychology findings that explain the baffling choices you make every day
- Forget charisma and skill — the captains of the best teams in sports history shared 7 subtle traits
- Product changes are finally coming to Twitter, but it might be too little, too late
- [SHARE] 21 Biggest News To Hit Malaysia In 2013
- VIDEO: Facebook, Twitter, and Google testify on Russian election meddling
- How to watch Facebook, Twitter, and Google discussing Russian election meddling
- The very best science books of 2017
- ‘People want it to be true’: Inside the growing influence of a mysterious anti-Trump website
- 23 books Wall Streeters think everyone should read
- Does DU30 need a constitutional dictatorship?
- Do presidential words have the weight of policy?
- Meet the ‘Man Repeller’, the 27-year-old who turned her fashion hobby into a serious business
- GM, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, and Tesla are about to report earnings — here’s what to expect
- PATRIOTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL! Here are the big plays and moments everybody will be talking about
- How the hot startup that stole Apple’s thunder wound up in Silicon Valley’s graveyard
- These 13 Ghost Stories Told By Malaysians Will Keep You Awake All Night
- Curry ties record for 3s in a game with 12
- Square sets initial price for its IPO — at a lower valuation than in its latest round of funding
- The 11 strangest things you can actually bet on for the Super Bowl
Strictly's Dan Walker shares vile jibes from trolls after making it to quarter finals have 717 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.