Strictly Come Dancing has been plunged into chaos as John Whaite has injured both his hips just days before the quarter-final.
Last weekend’s show saw Tilly Ramsay voted out of the competition after a tense dance-off with CBBC presenter Rhys Stephenson, leaving Rhys, John, Dan Walker, Rose Ayling-Ellis and AJ Odudu to fight it out in the quarter-final before moving through to the semis.
But it looks like all that dancing and training has taken its toll on John’s body.
He shared an incredibly grateful post to his Instagram Stories on Monday, hailing the physiotherapist tasked with getting him back into dancing fit shape by Saturday’s live show.
Sharing a post by physiotherapist, musician and writer Jen Nash showing him and professional partner Johannes Radebe looking tired after their performance John wrote: “This gal @jen_nash_ performed SO MUCH physio on me over the weekend because all those lunges and lifting Jo has knackered my hips. THANK YOU JEN.”
And it looks like the physio paid off, because John has absolutely no intentions of missing Saturday’s quarter-final.
Jen quickly responded to his thanks by saying: “You are SO welcome @john_whaite! You smashed it. Good luck this week!”
It comes shortly after John shared an emotional update about his dance with Johannes on Saturday, writing on Instagram: “I still feel so lucky to live in a world where I can dance with another man on Saturday night television and for it to be so unquestionably accepted; for it to be about the dance and the steps we take for the 90 seconds we are on the stage.”
But despite the passionate routine, which scored an incredible 39 points out of 40, Craig Revel Horwood kept the pair from the coveted 40 by awarding them a nine instead of 10.
The move left Dragons’ Den star and Strictly Come Dancing contestant Sara Davies fuming, as she immediately took to her own social media to rant about the scores.
She went as far as to declare she wanted to “punch [Craig's] lights out”.
Writing on Instagram, Sara penned: “And this… I mean this was just the dance of the night for me. These two absolutely stole the show!
“And when Craig only gave them a 9 I wanted to reach through the screen and punch his lights out! They were robbed! That should have been a 40 hands down!”
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Swiss dumped, Murray leads Britain into Davis Cup quarter-finals
- Nadal, Federer eye quarter-final spots
- Sleeping beauty Federer targets Wawrinka in US Open final push
- The 20 most-watched TV show finales of all time, ranked
- Game 7s in NBA Finals are a rare treat
- Suns, Bombers complete D-League Final Four cast
- ‘This isn’t Baghdad — it’s Baton Rouge’: Chaos in Louisiana as ‘militarized’ police clash with protesters
- In-form Ivanovic faces Venus in Auckland final
- ANALYST: Shake Shack is finally a buy
- [NEW UPDATE] Mother’s Day Shooting: Suspect Had Earlier Arrest For Gun, Heroin Possession
- Spurs' Kawhi Leonard re-injures left ankle, done early Game 1
- Despite chaos, US restocks Israel with ammunition
- Trump ban creates chaos for travelers in, out of the country
- Proud Pique a lightning rod in Catalonia chaos
- Donald Trump’s rivals rip him for ‘disturbing, ugly’ rhetoric amid chaos in Chicago
- How John Kelly, America’s longest-serving general, worked his way up from the Marines into the White House
- STOCKS ARE GREEN AGAIN: What you need to know ahead of a 4-day week for markets
- Federer, Sharapova lose on wild day at Wimbledon
- McIlroy books WGC Match Play semis duel against Day
- THE FINALE: The Trump phenomenon, the biggest story of the campaign, comes to a dramatic conclusion
Strictly in chaos as John Whaite injures both hips just days before quarter-final have 611 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.