Prince Charles drives futuristic hydrogen car in Wales
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
While the Russian President continues to restrict gas travelling into Europe as European gas prices skyrocket, his tight grip on the energy market has become more evident. Europe now faces a crisis while Russia continues to "weaponise" the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, which will transit gas from Russia into Germany once its certification, which was recently suspended by German regulators, begins.
Analysts believe that, in the hope of speeding up certification and avoiding EU law from being slapped down on the pipeline, which also bypasses Poland and Ukraine, Mr Putin has been conducting a gas squeeze of other pipelines that transit gas into Europe.
But Rami Reshef, CEO of GenCell, told Express.co.uk the UK can dodge a future gas crisis by creating a hydrogen-led economy.
Mr Reshef explained: "Once we generate the ability to generate power from mother nature, sun and wind, it will mean that we have enough power to generate hydrogen.
"Then you will be able to skip the dependency on gas that right now that Europe is buying from Russia.
"There is no way that the world can reduce energy dependency without building a strong and valid hydrogen economy."
Mr Reshef also explained that energy from the sun in hotter countries can be extracted and used to generate hydrogen, which can then be exported as a net zero energy source, instead of using gas.
UK can outsmart Russia (Image: Getty )
Nord Stream 2 (Image: Getty )
He told Express.co.uk : "In the UK, you have less sun than we have in Israel, and less sun that you will find in Africa.
"But think about all this land in Africa which you can use to generate a lot of renewable power.
"You can extract this renewable power to make hydrogen and then send this hydrogen to Europe, then you can really become what you can call energy independent."
And the UK already has plans to ramp up the use of hydrogen as an energy source.
The UK Hydrogen Strategy is part of Boris Johnson's '10-point plan for a Green Industrial Revolution'.
Vladimir Putin (Image: Getty )
It sets a target for the UK to generate five gigawatts of low-carbon hydrogen production capacity by 2030.
Mr Johnson has also said that he plans to make the UK the 'Qatar' of hydrogen.
Mr Reshef praised Mr Johnson's ambitions.
He told Express.co.uk : "I am impressed by this wording, and I really hope that within a year or two I will be impressed with the execution of his vision.
DON’T MISS CIA warns Russia of ‘consequences’ over mystery illness [REVEAL] Solar storm warning: Sun ejects 50,000 mile-long ‘canyon of plasma’ [INSIGHT] Ancient Egypt breakthrough after Tutankhamun’s tomb mystery solved [REPORT]
Boris Johnson (Image: Getty )
The UK hydrogen strategy is part of Boris Johnson’s 10-point plan for a Green Industrial Revolution (Image: Getty )
"What we have in the last few weeks from Mr Johnson is a clear message that the UK should lead Europe with the implementation and adoption of hydrogen and a hydrogen economy."
But Mr Reshef explained there are important steps the UK must take to achieve its aims.
He said: "This is related to an entire ecosystem; producing the fuel itself- hydrogen, building the infrastructure to transport the fuel, and dramatically reducing the use of fossil fuels."
- Can Putin Survive?
- New Cold War: US, Russia fight over Europe's energy future
- ‘Putin will eat President Trump’s lunch’: Experts weigh in on how Trump should approach Putin
- Duterte, Putin cozy up in meet
- Merkel says EU to meet on new sanctions against Russia
- Putin’s show of strength overseas is masking a pressing domestic crisis
- The Obama administration is worried that Putin is about to pull a fast one in New York
- Russia undecided on further troop deployment
- Ukraine crisis adds uncertainty to key German project: shifting away from nuclear energy
- EU envoy: Ukraine's political crisis far from over
- Obama to Putin: Pull back from Ukraine border
- Britain to push EU for ‘hard-hitting’ sanctions on Russia over MH17
- China, Russia sign accord on second gas route
- Ukraine warns of ‘full-scale war’ with Russia
- Ukraine halts goods deliveries to Crimea amid new tensions with Russia
- In Russia, economic recovery remains elusive
- What Putin wants, he will devise ways to get it
- Energy dependence a curse for Russia
- What DU30 can and must learn from Putin
- How Vladimir Putin became one of the most feared leaders in the world
Russia outsmarted as UK handed way out of Putin's energy crisis: 'Can skip dependency' have 900 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.