Omid Scobie discusses Meghan Markle during BBC documentary
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Amanda Platell said she felt deceived by how her comments were portrayed in "The Princes and the Press," after the first installment aired on Monday evening on BBC 2 .
Ms Platell claimed she sat with host Amol Rajan for "at least two hours of filmed conversation”, which she alleges was condensed down to “less than two minutes of selective quotes."
She added that she felt "utterly conned" by how her interview was edited into the programme.
FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY:
Amanda Platell said she felt deceived by how her comments were portrayed (Image: Getty)
Meghan moves to cut back on Royal Family references
Royal commentators Rachel Bowie and Roberta Fiorito remarked that Meghan’s appearance on Ellen this week demonstrated the dramatic turnaround.
Speaking on their podcast Royally Obsessed, Ms Fiorito said that the 40-year-old Duchess was “rebranding” to be more about “the Meghan she was before Harry”.
Ms Fiorito said: “Meghan on Ellen, on the prank section, there wasn’t really a royal reference made, besides her name.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex quit royal duties last year (Image: GETTY)
Queen to avoid all public duties until February
Her Majesty still intends to celebrate Christmas at her Norfolk retreat as normal with other members of the family.
Insiders are delighted that she is well enough to contemplate a return to normality at her first Christmas without Prince Philip.
It is thought that after a winter of rest – following a 24-hour hospital stay and recovery from a sprained back in recent weeks – her first public engagement may be a memorial service for her late husband.
Palace officials are working on plans for a service in March, possibly at St Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey or St George’s Chapel in Windsor.
The Queen has been under doctors’ orders to rest (Image: GETTY)
Prince William and Charles to struggle with ‘difficulty’ in their relationship
Prince William and his father Prince Charles will always have a bone of contention between them as they step up their royal duties, according to a royal expert.
The Duke of Cambridge is second in line to the throne after Prince Charles, who is heir apparent – and the longest Prince of Wales in history.
Both the Queen's son and grandson have also taken on expanded duties as two of the most senior working members of the Royal Family amid the monarch's health concerns.
However, a royal expert has warned that it won't always be plain sailing between the royal father and son, because they will "always have issues" in their "difficult" relationship.
Speaking to Newsweek, Penny Junor explained how the element of competition may grow as they become even more intrinsic to the monarchy.
A royal expert has warned that it won't always be plain sailing between the royal father and son (Image: Getty)
Prince William and Charles to target key issues ‘owned’ by Meghan and Harry
Prince William and Prince Charles are set to take back the ownership of issues championed by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, according to an expert.
Prince William and Prince Charles will likely start “taking back” causes particularly close to the heart of young generations which have been championed by Meghan and Prince Harry, according to US brand and reputation management expert Eric Schiffer.
The California-based commentator noted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been able to appeal to Millennials and Generation Z members with their approach to causes close to their heart – including equality and the protection of the environment.
Queen ‘looking forward’ to hosting royal Christmas despite heartbreak
It is thought the Queen will travel to her Norfolk estate about a week before Christmas Day.
Among the attendees will be Prince Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, along with Prince William, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge.
They will have their three children – Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte, and Prince George – in tow for the festivities.
The Queen’s children, Princess Anne and Prince Edward, are also expected to attend.
It is thought the Queen will travel to her Norfolk estate about a week before Christmas Day (Image: Getty)
Prince William and Kate Middleton could welcome York sister as new neighbour
Prince William and Kate Middleton could welcome Princess Eugenie or Princess Beatrice as their neighbour in Kensington Palace, Marlene Koenig, a royal historian, told Express.co.uk.
Marlene Koenig, a royal historian and expert, suggested that either Princess Beatrice or Eugenie could be lined up as Apartment 1’s newest tenants.
Talking about the various royal residences and homes that Royal Family members own, and the difficulties around who might inhabit them in the future, she told Express.co.uk last month: “Princess Anne’s home is her own and it will go to her kids, it’s not a royal home.
“There’s an area next to it that Mark Phillips helped buy before the divorce, and that’s where Zara and Peter live and have their homes — it’s all going to be theirs at some point.
“But other homes and royal residences, right now, it’s more about maintaining what they have.
Prince William and Kate Middleton could welcome Princess Eugenie or Beatrice as their neighbour (Image: Getty)
- Royal Family LIVE: Queen scraps decades of protocol to FINALLY take on Meghan and Harry
- Royal Family LIVE: Meghan and Harry warned royal rift 'long term' - 'damage' already done
- Royal Family LIVE: Harry making friends in high places – 'spent too much time with Duke!'
- Royal Family LIVE: Outrageous! Meghan and Harry fans fuming over 'insulting' demotion snub
- Royal Family: Queen may be losing patience with Meghan & Harry - 'No Mrs Nice Queen!'
- Meghan Markle free to ignore royal food rule Queen has whole Royal Family stick to
- Royal Family 'finally fighting back' against Harry and Meghan amid Lilibet Diana row
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Oprah Interview Was a Royal Family Depth Charge
- Queen to 'change the narrative' with step back from long-standing Royal Family rule
- Royal family latest – Meghan Markle pal admits ‘she may have been wrong’ about Archie’s title during Oprah interview
- Royal family latest – Harry UK return for Princess Diana statue in doubt as expert warns William could be ‘last Monarch’
- Harry and Meghan 'gone rogue' expert lays into Sussexes - 'Royal Family truce at risk'
- Prince Charles' future questioned as Megxit throws 'archaic' Royal Family in doubt
- Prince William refused to let his children face his 'big problem' with Royal Family life
- Harry's feud with Royal Family far from over as Duke told he can't 'repair rift overnight'
- Royal Family 'increasingly fed up' with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's monarchy digs
- Princess Margaret set pivotal precedent to help Royal Family couples 'She cleared the way'
- Meghan & Harry Wanted to 'Secure the Sussex Brand' With Lilibet Diana Name Pick, Royal Expert Claims
- Prince Harry’s rift with Royal Family ‘very sad’, admits uncle Prince Edward
- Prince Edward Says It's 'Safest to Stay Out' of Meghan & Harry Row With Royal Family
Royal Family LIVE: Fury over BBC 'hatchet job' - Conned into supporting Meghan and Harry have 1376 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.