Strictly: Janette announces Robert Webb has quit show
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Robert Webb’s journey with Dianne Buswell, 32, on Strictly Come Dancing came to an end due to ill health, two years after he underwent heart surgery. The 49-year-old had kept a low profile since his departure, but tonight gave fans an update about his health and career.
The 49-year-old actor spoke out after the BBC made an announcement about his upcoming show The Seven Ages Of Christmas on Radio 3.
Robert said the show was "a more relaxing kind of challenge" compared to his Strictly stint.
“It was a total joy and it's on Radio 3, Christmas Eve,” he commented.
“And may I take this low-key middle-of-afternoon nobody's interested opportunity to say that I'm much better, thanks. Because lots of people have asked.
Robert Webb issued a health update after quitting Strictly (Image: BBC)
Robert Webb danced with Dianne Buswell on Strictly (Image: INSTAGRAM•DIANNEBUSWELL)
Robert Webb quit Strictly Come Dancing due to ill health (Image: BBC)
“I just needed to sleep for a fortnight and put some weight on. Health plan accomplished!”
Many of his 530,000 followers flocked to his post to comment.
Hayley Douglas wrote: “I’m glad you’re feeling much better but I really miss you being a part of this year’s Strictly and your fab partnership with @dbuzz6589.”
Ziggy commented: “I’m so glad to hear that, I was a tad worried!”
Robert Webb’s gave fans a health update ‘I just needed sleep for a fortnight and put some weight on’ (Image: BBC)
Strictly Come Dancing winners (Image: EXPRESS)
Jane Richards added: “Good news xx.”
“Glad to hear you are feeling better. It's a tough old journey isn't it,” Stephen Cooper penned.
During his time on the show, he managed to perform three dance routines which included a Quickstep and a Tango.
Announcing his exit, he explained: “Two years ago I had open heart surgery and although I believed I was fit enough to take on Strictly and its demanding schedule, it became clear that I had bitten off way more than I could chew for this stage in my recovery.
DON’T MISS… Naga Munchetty bids farewell to BBC Breakfast co-star amid final shift [REACTION] Brian May and Anita cosy up in matching outfits after difficult time [PICTURED] Prince Harry’s warning leaves Ricky Wilson on edge [EXCLUSIVE]
“I had begun to feel symptoms that led me to seek an urgent consultation with my heart specialist, and it was her view that it would be better for the sake of my health to step back from the show.”
Dianne went on to say she was “proud” of what had achieved in their short time together.
She added: “We made a great team, worked hard and had a good laugh along the way. I am so proud of the three amazing dances we produced.
“I know Robert had a lot more to give to the competition but his health of course comes first and I wish him a speedy recovery.
“I feel lucky to have danced with him and to call him a friend."
Six dancing duos remain in the BBC dance competition.
Still in the running to be this year’s champions are; AJ & Kai, Rose & Giovanni, Tilly & Nikita, Dan & Nadiya, John & Johannes and Rhys & Nancy.
Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday at 6.55pm on BBC One.
- Who needs sleep? Healthy workers
- Married At First Sight EXCLUSIVE: How this year's cast are breaking their contracts to expose the 'trainwreck of a show' that left them 'damaged and ruined' - and Channel Nine bosses are powerless to stop them
- Fixing Mental Health In The Workplace Requires A Lot More Than A Yoga Room
- THE POLITIX 50: Here Are The Only Pundits You Need To Pay Attention To Between Now And The Election
- Westin Is Turning Discarded Bedsheets Into Pajamas For Kids In Need
- Everything you need to know about mosquito coils for summer
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop Conference Was As Kooky As You Expected It To Be–And That’s Exactly What Fans Wanted
- Sepp Blatter’s Fifa exit ‘brilliant for football’, says FA’s Greg Dyke
- ‘I got Gryffindor pyjamas for my 27th birthday’: fans on 20 years of Harry Potter
- DealBook Briefing: Big Tech May Need to Swallow Its Political Pride
- We’ve grown fat on the butter – but we need guns too
- 50 TV and movie remakes that are better than the original
- Best summer books 2018, as picked by writers – part one
- These 7 Amenities Cost Little but Make Your Home Office Much More Productive
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump and a tale of 2 sheets of paper
- The Future of Management Is Teal
- Sacramento Zoo sees Kings’ old Arco Arena as a good fit for its new home
- We ranked every NFL team's quarterback situation heading into the 2018 season
- Shaw Communications (SJR) Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Saudi Arabia runs a huge, sinister online database of women that men use to track them and stop them from running away
Robert Webb breaks silence on health after Strictly exit concerned fans 'Needed sleep' have 994 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.