A 16-year-old boy killed in a street stabbing in London has been named as Rishmeet Singh by police.
According to a GoFundMe page claiming to be raising money for his family, the teenager worked part-time jobs to care for his disabled mother.
The Evening Standard reports the victim’s mother, who uses a crutch to walk, was in attendance as paramedics battled in vain to save her son, who died at the scene.
He is believed to be the 28th teenager to be killed in the capital this year – one short of the grim record set in 2008.
The Metropolitan Police has appealed for the public to come forward with any information following the latest death
Detective Chief Inspector James Shirley said: “My thoughts and those of my team are with Rishmeet’s family and friends at this incredibly difficult time.
More on Knife Crime
‘Lives being wasted’ to knife crime after cuts to hundreds of youth centres, says Ian Wright
West Drayton stabbing: Harley-Dee Thompson charged with murder and 13-year-old released on bail after death of Dariusz Wolosz
Arsenal to wear all-white jerseys in ‘No More Red’ campaign against youth violence
“I want to reassure them and the wider community that we are working around the clock to bring the person, or people, responsible for Rishmeet’s death, to justice.
“I want to take this opportunity to reiterate my appeal for anyone who was in the area around Raleigh Road just after 9pm on Wednesday and saw this incident to get in contact.
“You may have vital evidence that could help us progress this investigation.
“I would also ask local residents in the area, or road users who were around Raleigh Road at the time of this attack, to check any footage they may have captured on doorbell, dashboard or CCTV cameras.
“If you can help, please get in touch.”
Chief Superintendent Sean Wilson said: “Rishmeet’s family have been devastated by his death and my thoughts are with them.
“Specialist detectives continue to work at pace to find out who was responsible for this attack.
“I would also add my appeal to the public to get in touch if they have any information that could help the investigation.”
There is an increased police presence in the district and a section 35 dispersal order, which allows police to direct people to leave an area, was in force until Sunday afternoon in Southall Broadway, Southall Green, the Havelock Estate, Uxbridge town centre and Hayes town centre.
Information can be reported to police on 0208 721 4266 using reference CAD 7200/24NOV, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or www.fearless.org.
- Stop and search works to help keep streets safe and the public back it, says Metropolitan Police Commissioner
- Ghaziabad suitcase murder: ‘Victim’ found alive
- 'Murder victim' found alive by police living in wood after being missing for five years
- Mystery as cops release postcard ‘sent by suspected murder victim Sally Ann John’ three weeks before she vanished – but say it was FORGED
- Pictured: Boy, 17, who was stabbed to death with a machete in Oxford Street as three men are arrested on suspicion of murder
- Met Police closes investigation into racist murder of Stephen Lawrence after 27 years: Scotland Yard chief Cressida Dick moves case to 'inactive phase'
- Police step up patrols in the West End after 'sweet' boy, 17, was stabbed to death with machete in front of horrified Oxford Street shoppers as detectives launch London's 77th murder probe of 2020
- Terror attack in Reading: Police call stabbing spree a 'terrorist incident' after 'Libyan' knifeman randomly stabbed three people to death and injured three others before being tackled by unarmed police
- RIP Justice: Stephen Lawrence’s mother Doreen accuses police of ‘giving up’ as the Met shuts investigation into his racist murder after 27 years
- Man in his 20s is shot dead by hooded gunman on doorstep of his £500,000 northwest London home in the capital's 78th murder this year
- Man in his 20s is shot and another is stabbed near Hyde Park on another night of bloodshed in Lawless London
- The murders most foul: He was jailed for the callous slaughter of three people... but did the Beast of Belgravia actually butcher ELEVEN victims?
- Boy, 17, is charged with murder after 17-year-old was stabbed to death in Manchester
- Black Lives Matter activists descend on Tottenham police station to support rapper Wretch 32 after his father was Tasered by officers - in protest nine years after death of Mark Duggan
- Stephen Lawrence murder: What happened to the teen and who were his killers?
- 25-year-old stabbed to death, friend injured while fighting robbers in Tilak Nagar
- Man, 35, is stabbed to death and three people are injured in knife fight as 200 revellers toast Jamaican Independence Day at house party
- Boy, 16, is found guilty of stabbing to death promising footballer, 15, with a ten-inch Rambo blade on a bus after 'trivial' argument
- Want to reform the police? Hire more women
- 'Bad police work' in Alton Sterling's death, but don't expect a conviction, experts say
Rishmeet Singh: Southall murder victim named as Metropolitan Police appeal for information about fatal stabbing have 847 words, post on news.sky.com at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.