Queen Elizabeth will lost her role as head of state of Barbados on November 30.
The country will become a monarch free republic on Tuesday, according to reports.
The first president of the new Republic of Barbados will be Sandra Mason.
“The time has come to fully leave our colonial past behind,” the Caribbean island nation’s government said last month.
They aimed to complete the process in time for the 55th anniversary of independence from Britain, in November 2021.
According to BBC, a speech written by Prime Minister Mia Mottley said Barbadians wanted a Barbadian head of state.
“This is the ultimate statement of confidence in who we are and what we are capable of achieving,” the speech read.
Reacting to the speech, Buckingham Palace said that it was a matter for the government and people of Barbados.
- Inside Kate Middleton's Increasingly Tight Bond With Queen Elizabeth II
- Queen Elizabeth II Gave Permission for Prince Andrew's Jeffrey Epstein Interview, BBC Journalist Says
- Queen Elizabeth sends thoughts and prayers to all Australians
- Queen Elizabeth reportedly blindsided by Prince Harry, Meghan Markle 'stepping back' from royal duties
- Trump Says Meghan and Harry Crisis Shouldn’t Be Happening to the Queen
- Steely-eyed Queen is seen for first time since Prince Harry announced he and Meghan Markle will quit the Royal Family as crisis talks with Prince Charles and Prince William continue
- Queen gives courtiers 72 hours to seal deal with 'hopeful' Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Monarch demands blueprint which can also apply to Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis
- Royal welcome for Trump: Donald and Melania Trump meet the Queen and Kate Middleton as Buckingham Palace hosts spectacular reception for Nato summit
- New year, new headache for queen with Harry and Meghan rift
- Downcast Queen arrives for church at Sandringham as Prince Charles makes a flying visit to Oman ahead of tomorrow's royal showdown over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to quit duties - after Wills revealed sadness at the 'broken bond'
- 'Deeply Hurt' Queen gathers Royals for Megxit crisis summit: Prince Harry will be warned'abdication' could take MONTHS in crunch talks - as couple's hopes to 'settle in LA after Donald Trump's Presidency ends' are revealed
- Queen makes surprise appearance at London fashion week
- 'I don't think this should be happening to the Queen': Trump expresses his respect for the 'flawless' monarch as he wades into MEGXIT saying he thinks Harry and Meghan quitting is 'sad'
- Kate's birthday is overshadowed by royal crisis as it emerges Prince Harry 'DEFIED' Queen's orders not to announce he and Meghan Markle will quit and left Prince Charles and Prince William 'incandescent with rage' by giving them just 10 minutes' notice
- Queen's crisis talks with Harry: Duke of Sussex has been locked in four-way call with Her Majesty in Sandringham and Prince Charles in Scotland as they try to avert all out royal war after he and Meghan Markle announced they want to quit public life
- Inside the Megxit summit: Harry talked to the Queen alone to give her his side of the story before 'calm' talks, Charles wants his son to know 'he doesn't have unlimited resources' and there will be 'strict instructions on branding
- Who needs a crown! Queen sports the trusty Launer handbag that rarely leaves her side for new official portrait (and she's been carrying the same style for more than half a century)
- Did the Queen Just Signal that ‘Harry and Meghan’ Will Lose Their Royal Titles?
- Is the Queen Really Ready to Step Aside to Launch ‘King Charles’?
- Queen calls for face-to-face showdown with princes Harry, William and Charles; Meghan could phone in
Queen Elizabeth to be removed as head of state by Barbados on Tuesday have 585 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.