Prince Charles arrives in Barbados ahead of state visit
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Charles is visiting Barbados this week as the Caribbean nation leaves the commonwealth and elects its first President. The visit will see the 73-year-old Prince become the first member of the Royal Family to oversee the transition to a republic, during his two-day visit to the island. The visit comes just a little more than a week after he and his wife Camilla travelled through Jordan and Egypt for a trip that was originally scheduled for March 2020.
As the Prince of Wales and a senior member of the Royal Family, Prince Charles is often required to travel in his royal role.
Charles represents the Queen and the UK on engagements and tours abroad so will understandably have to take a flight for these visits.
But according to recent data, a significant number of Charles’ flights are carried out on private jets.
According to Stratos Jet Charters, Prince Charles has taken the most flights between 2015 and 2021 for business reasons than any other member of the Royal Family based on analysis of the Royal Family’s financial reports.
Prince Charles travel: How much future king has spent on private jets (Image: GETTY)
Prince Charles represents the Queen and the UK on engagements and tours abroad (Image: GETTY)
The company’s Royal Travel Index shows Charles tops the list of royals when it comes to air travel, taking 27 trips worth 124,313 air miles from 2015 to 2021.
Additionally, the breakdown shows Charles’ flights total to a sum of £2,568,501.
Of these flights, 74 percent were private jet flights – despite Charles’ emphatic pleas to lower emissions to tackle climate change in recent years.
Prince Charles is not the only member of the Royal Family to have jumped on several private jet flights in recent years.
Prince Charles is often required to travel in his royal role (Image: GETTY)
According to recent data, a significant number of Charles’ flights are carried out on private jets (Image: GETTY)
According to the data, the Royal Family has flown 550,461 miles over 94 trips, with a cost of £6.6million from 2015 to 2021.
Charles’ wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall came in third place on the list, with her air travel totalling 70,625 air miles over 14 trips.
The data shows the total cost of Camilla’s flights to be £1,745,039, with a staggering 92 percent of Camilla’s flights being private jet flights.
Joel Thomas, President of Stratos Jet Charters, said: "It has been fascinating to take a dive into the travel reports and find out just how many air miles one of the world's most famous families have racked up in the last six years.
DON’T MISS: Queen ‘can’t stand’ Kate and William's habit with royal children [INSIGHT] Meghan Markle ‘naive’ to expect to have ‘free rein’ in monarchy [ANALYSIS] Whatever possessed BBC to screen Princes and the Press? JOE LITTLE [COMMENT]
“However, it is hardly surprising that the royals choose to use private jets for their transport, they are extremely useful for utilizing time, and as we know, the royal visits are often very busy with a lot of appointments.
“Also, private jet hire means that the family can travel safely and securely to their destinations, with anonymity which wouldn't be possible using regular airlines.”
Express.co.uk has contacted Clarence House for comment.
- With Queen Elizabeth's Royal Family Rocked by Scandal, Prince Charles Becomes the Power Behind the Throne
- Prince Charles says it's a 'deep regret' he was 'deceived' by paedophile bishop as sex abuse inquiry brands their friendship 'misguided' and victims say he should have done more
- Prince Philip update: Prince Charles reveals latest on Duke's third night in hospital
- British Royal Family Trips Cost Nearly $3m Last Year. Prince Charles Spent Half a Million on Just One Caribbean Tour
- Prince Charles left shocked when a woman’s boob accidentally popped out of her dress while they were dancing
- How Prince Charles spent his 71st birthday in Bengaluru eating appams and doing yoga at Soukya, a 30-acre integrative medicine facility
- Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla Cruise Into the Holidays With Their 2019 Christmas Card
- Queen faces a costly £86 million repair bill for Prince Charles’s London home Clarence House as it gets set for a New Year makeover
- British taxpayers foot £70,000 bill for private jet that flew Shaker Aamer home from Guantanamo - and now his lawyer says he's suffering from PTSD
- Prince Philip being looked after "very well' says Prince Charles
- Inside the lavish £158m Boeing private jet featuring a ‘royal throne’, bedroom and even bathroom with shower
- Piers Morgan's star secrets - seeing Sharon Osbourne's naked boobs on board a private jet
- Prince Philip in hospital after 'flu-like symptoms and suffering a fall'
- Annus horribilis II: Queen's 2019 'toughest year' since Charles and Diana divorce
- Prince Philip faces Christmas apart from Queen after helicopter hospital dash
- Prince uses AP photo for card
- Queen and Prince Philip spend their 72nd wedding anniversary 110 miles apart - as Prince William and Prince Harry share throwback photos to mark the milestone
- Royal fans gush over 'adorable' photos of Prince George cooking with the Queen, William and Charles at Buckingham Palace - and say the snap showing four generations is 'what Christmas is all about'
- Prince George Joins Queen Elizabeth in Adorable, New Holiday Photos Alongside Prince William and Charles
- Prince George bakes Christmas puddings with the Queen in special royal family photo
Prince Charles travel: How much future king has spent on private jets have 1026 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.