Digitally aged photographs of what the notorious serial killer Bible John may look like today can serve as a vital clue in finding him, a leading crime expert has said.
Colin Thornton aged the original portrait of Bible John that was released by Scotland police while they were hunting for him to show what he may look like now in his 80s, the Daily Record reports .
The killer was never identified and came to be known as “Bible John” as one witness reported that he quoted from the Bible a lot.
Thornton said: “I took the artist's impression and made it more like a photo and realistic. Surely someone will recognise him. It might help.”
A BBC documentary, The Hunt for Bible John, which started last week, has sparked renewed interest in the case.
The series, written and produced by Bafta-winning producer Matt Pinder, explored the deaths of Jemima Macdonald, Patricia Docker and Helen Puttock between 1968 and 1969.
For the latest breaking news stories and incredible tales from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here .
In the first episode, an up-to-date drawing was produced by police forensic artist Melissa Dring.
The original portrait of a red-haired Bible John was painted by GW Lennox Paterson, of Glasgow School of Art, based on the testimony of Helen's sister Jean – and was used by police during their hunt for the killer.
But one crucial piece of her testimony was missing – the suspect's crooked teeth.
Professor David Wilson, who has studied the case extensively, believes the aged photo could lead to the murderer being snared – and thinks it looks like convicted serial killer Peter Tobin.
He said: “These pictures take the Lennox Paterson painting of the man who shared a taxi with Jeannie and age them accordingly, as well as incorporating the distinctive teeth of the man that Jeannie remembered.
“Whilst this is not definitive proof – and the absence of DNA, in this case, means that we are unlikely to ever have definitive proof – these pictures look to me uncannily like Peter Tobin.”
Detective Superintendent Joe Beattie, who led the Bible John investigation, kept a plastic replica of his crooked teeth.
When suspects were brought in for questioning, he would dismiss those whose front teeth were not crossed.
- Sadistic serial killer confesses to six more unsolved murders from his prison cell
- Clip from John Wick: Chapter 3 confirms the dog is totally fine
- Killer whales caught on camera in rare sighting in Cornwall ‘Couldn’t believe my eyes’
- Former prison worker flirted with inmates before helping two killers escape, doc says: 'It was a fantasy'
- Inside the Investigation of Gianni Versace's Killer
- Chilling cases solved by fingerprints including vile killers Den Nilsen and Peter Tobin
- Top 15 hottest models in the world today
- Princess Diana's celeb pals from Freddie Mercury nights out to Elton John spat
- Dylann Roof Tells Jury, 'I Still Feel Like I Had to Do It'
- The Batman Was Supposed to Be Released in Theaters Today
- How to make America great, by Barack Obama, Stacey Abrams, John Kerry, Irshad Manji and more
- BART slaying ignites fear among black people - 'It just feels like they're coming for us'
- 25 soap spoilers: Coronation Street sex shock, EastEnders killer danger, Emmerdale murder, Hollyoaks terror
- What can killer whales teach us about the menopause?
- Brian Moore in conversation with John Smit: Playing against the Lions is more special than a World Cup
- John McAfee on Android security in 2015: Google must 'go home and fix it'
- Kobe Bryant crash investigators looking at weather conditions, say there's no black box
- 13 Crimes That Shocked the World and Changed Our Culture Forever - E! Online
- The Best True Crime Podcasts | Digital Trends
- ‘The Little Things’ Review: Good Old-Fashioned Police Work
Photos of what serial killer 'Bible John' may look like today 'vital clue' in manhunt have 638 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.