PETR CECH has warned Chelsea not to underestimate Manchester United with the imminent arrival of Ralf Rangnick.
Now 66-year-old German Rangnick is set to arrive at Old Trafford after agreeing a deal to become interim manager until the end of the season.
He will then begin work as a consultant for the club, with United pushing ahead to try and bring in Mauricio Pochettino in as their long-term new boss.
Rangnick will not arrive in time for Sunday's Premier League showdown at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea .
United were without a win in five prior to Solskjaer's exit, but the triumph over Villarreal provided previously outcasted Donny van de Beek and Anthony Martial a chance to shine – and they both took it.
He said: "We have a saying in Czech: 'The new broom sweeps better'. It’s always tricky when you play teams with a new manager.
Most read in Football
BETTING SPECIAL – GET £50 IN FREE BETS WITH WILLIAM HILL
"That’s what Manchester United will be hoping for: when you get a change of manager, you always have a reaction.
"Suddenly, everybody starts from the same spot again. The new manager brings new ideas about the team, the tactics, the strategy.
"Even if it’s only the manager who has left, and everyone else has stayed in place, you still get the sense of a fresh start."
Cech added: "It gives everybody a new incentive and new motivation to perform well. There is a change in energy, and this is what creates difficulty for the team who is facing them.
"The worry is you might find a team who is more motivated, and gets a bit more confidence at the beginning.
"Otherwise it’s up to you how well you play, how well you adapt and how well you control the game."
⚽ Read our Football news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals
- The 60 Best Songs Ever Written About New York City
- Read ‘Escape From New York,’ From Ellen Willis’s Award-Winning Anthology
- The Case of Jane Doe Ponytail
- 8 tips to escape your car in a high water emergency
- Riz Ahmed Acts His Way Out of Every Cultural Pigeonhole
- Paul McCartney and Paul Simon are rethinking the idea of the 76-year-old pop star
- Sneak peek: Cook Political Report predicts 20 to 40-seat House Dem pickup
- Transcript: Jake Sullivan talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters" podcast, Sept. 11, 2018
- Kanye West Turns the Page
- Even in Philadelphia, one of the most determined sanctuary cities, refuge is elusiveYou may also be interested in...
- Even in Philadelphia, One of the Most Determined Sanctuary Cities, Refuge Is Elusive
‘New broom sweeps better’ – Chelsea legend Petr Cech warns Blues not to underestimate Man Utd after Rangnick appointment have 586 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.