Jurgen Klopp: Two key decisions went against Liverpool in West Ham defeat
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Liverpool transfer chief Michael Edwards could dip into his extensive contacts book to pip Manchester City to the signing of Wolves striker Hwang Hee-chan. The RB Leizpig loanee has started the season in impressive fashion, alerting a number of top clubs that are in need of attacking reinforcements ahead of the January transfer window.
Hwang was a relatively low-key signing from Leipzig during the summer, given he had failed to score in 20 league appearances for the Bundesliga side.
However, he has started this campaign in scintillating fashion, netting four times across his first eight Premier League games to make managers everywhere sit up and take note.
Two of those are Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp, according to The Mirror , as both sides eye up a move for the 25-year-old in January.
Naturally, his status as a loanee could complicate matters, but those situations have been overcome in the past, such as with Tottenham ‘s summer move for Cristian Romero.
Michael Edwards has contacts at RB Leipzig (Image: GETTY)
Although City have pulling power thanks to their reigning Premier League champions tag, transfer chief Michael Edwards could have a few tricks up his sleeve.
Liverpool have done plenty of business with RB Leipzig in recent years, with Ibrahima Konate their only major summer arrival in a £36million deal.
Before that, a complex arrangement was reached involving Naby Keita in 2018, while they have also done business with sister club RB Salzburg involving Takumi Minamino.
Onus will be on Edwards to leave the Reds in the best possible place, given he has already committed to leaving at the end of the season.
DON’T MISS Erik ten Hag’s response to Man Utd job as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fights to avoid sack [GOSSIP] Man Utd's XI if John Murtough signs three players in the January window [OPINION] Barcelona ‘interested in three Chelsea players’ despite Raheem Sterling priority [RUMOUR]
Pulling off this move could do exactly that, with Klopp’s side struggling for injuries, particularly in attack.
Roberto Firmino currently finds himself side-lined with a hamstring issue, Sadio Mane had to be substituted during the current international break and Mohamed Salah may soon jet off to the African Cup of Nations.
As such, the German could use emergency back-up in what is already turning out to be a competitive title race, and Hwang could be a prime candidate.
It could be a suitable parting gift from Edwards, who recently explained his decision to leave Anfield at the end of the campaign.
Hwang Hee-chan has scored four league goals already this season (Image: GETTY)
“I had always planned to cap my time at the club to a maximum of 10 years,” he said .
“I've loved working here, but I am a big believer in change. I think it's good for the individual and, in a work setting, good for the employer too.
“Over my time here we have changed so many things (hopefully for the better) but someone new brings a different perspective, new ideas and can hopefully build on (or change) the things that have been put in place beforehand.”
- Liverpool have two undroppables who can edge Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea battle for Reds
- Rio Ferdinand urges Liverpool to re-sign Raheem Sterling amid Man City struggles
- Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City comment on five-day ban as FIFA negotiations escalate
- Man City facing triple injury blow ahead of crunch Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool clashes
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola explodes over Premier League rule and Jurgen Klopp agrees
- Man Utd preparing for another Man City transfer fight worse than Cristiano Ronaldo battle
- Man City forced to call on Nathan Ake despite personal tragedy as injuries wreak havoc
- Barcelona star Pedri could soon leave for free with Man City and Liverpool on red alert
- Jack Grealish gives Pep Guardiola green light to progress with Man City transfer target
- Liverpool could take advantage of another Man City transfer mistake by signing youngster
- Man Utd and Man City transfer interest in Jack Grealish concerns Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has new big-money Man City transfer target after Harry Kane failure
- Juventus drop out of Erling Haaland chase as Man Utd or Man City transfer moves closer
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta hails 'superb' Liverpool win but makes honest Man City admission
- Harry Kane warned he faces 'biggest regret' if he doesn't quit Tottenham for Man City
- Man City could sign £30m Leroy Sane replacement at cut-price due to Raheem Sterling agents
- Pep Guardiola turns down 'luxury' Man City signing in fear of hurting Barcelona
- Man City 'offered Barcelona wonderkid Ansu Fati' as Catalan giant's debt mounts
- Barcelona have four players Man City may accept in Raheem Sterling swap transfer
- Wayne Rooney backs Man Utd to beat Liverpool and Man City to title in Paul Pogba claim
Liverpool chief Michael Edwards may use contacts to pip Man City in parting transfer gift have 968 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.