Law and Order: NBC teases SVU crossover
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Law and Order SVU viewers have been preparing themselves for the Organised Crime crossover of season 23. Set to air on December 9, it will be the biggest event of the season. On top of this, NBC is planning the return of a major character and fans can't wait to see the fallout.
Law and Order: SVU is bringing back a familiar face in the form of Declan Murphy (played by Donal Logue).
Logue was a series regular back between seasons 15 through 17, and he will be dealing with a new undercover assignment.
This assignment will see him come to the SVU team for help, as the group tries to stop a series of hate crimes in New York City.
Of course, things could get complicated as Declan is the father of Rollins' daughter Jesse (Charlottle Cabell).
Law and Order SVU: Amanda Rollins and Declan Murphy played by Kelli Giddish and Donal Logue (Image: NBC/GETTY)
Law and Order SVU: Donal Logue will return as Declan Murphy (Image: GETTY)
Declan isn't the only returning cast member, as he will be joined by Sergeant Khaldun (Ari'el Stachel).
Naturally, fans couldn't hold back their excitement for Declan's return, especially for what it means to Rollins.
"Love that actor. Glad he’s coming back. Maybe he can see Jessie," @hey_judeah wrote on Twitter.
@AnneVeir84 added: "This cracks me up. Totally fine for the inevitable baby daddy drama, but EO or more Benson character development is a soap opera.
Law and Order SVU: Amanda Rollins will not be happy to see Declan return (Image: GETTY)
"Also, no time for either of these elements but plenty of time for Rollins storyline."
@TerryKershaw1 commented: "Donal is a wonderful addition any time he is on SVU."
@linnalaw wrote: "Yay!!! So glad he's going to be back!!! There might be a little tension there since he's Jessie's baby Daddy!! Love him anyway! Will be good!"
"So happy. The character of Declan was, is a favourite," @gophergram shared.
DON’T MISS… Law & Order star previews first film role away from NBC crime series [INSIGHT] NCIS’ Diona Reasonover pays sweet tribute to Jimmy Palmer co-star [EXPLAINER] Coronation Street tragedy as Shona Platt makes deadly exit from show? [INSIGHT]
Law and Order SVU: Fans can’t wait to see Declan again (Image: GETTY)
@Smurfs31 commented: "Donal Logue – legend. Can’t wait to see Murphy back!"
Of course, other fans were worried about what his return will mean for Rollins and Jesse, with some concerned it is a sign of trouble ahead.
@rollinsismyboo wrote: "If he is back for friendly stuff fine but if he brings Rollins or Jesse in trouble though. 'Oh no!" (sic)
"Manifesting he's coming back to give up his parental rights to Jesse," @karriestarling added.
@CeeVonDee shared: "Oh no. Baby daddy coming to be jealous…"
The next episode of season 23 will also be a crossover with Law and Order: Organised Crime.
This will be a two-hour broadcast and will deal with Richard Wheatley's (Dylan McDermott) trial for the murder of Kathy Stabler (Isabel Gillies).
It's titled, The Christmas Episode, but fans are preparing themselves for a not-so-Christmassy story.
Law and Order SVU continues on December 9 on NBC in the USA. A UK release date has not been confirmed.
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Fans Fuming After 'Unfair' Ending in Sex-Trafficking Spa Case
- Patrick Stewart delights fans as he unveils a new Star Trek: Picard trailer at New York Comic-Con
- Kaley Cuoco Shares New Harley Quinn Poster, Confirms Fall 2019 Premiere
- Channing Tatum is 'happy and very supportive' about ex-wife Jenna Dewan's pregnancy with new beau Steve Kazee
- Jeff Sessions: The ex-attorney general 'making a political comeback'
- How Britain’s prize double agent PROVED Michael Foot took cash from the KGB: Cold War 'super spy' Oleg Gordievsky reveals a bombshell disclosure about the ex Labour leader hidden deep in the Moscow archives
- Bitter ex-partner is jailed for at least 27 years for murdering mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen - and could die in prison unless he reveals where he hid her body
- Are Susanna Reid and Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish still together, when did she break up with her ex-partner and how much weight has she lost?
- Louise Redknapp no longer speaks to ex-Strictly partner Kevin Clifton and says she has ‘no regrets’ over split with Jamie
- Fan fury as VAR fails to spot Alexander-Arnold handball seconds before Liverpool score opening goal against Man City
- The cursed love lives of Girls Aloud – from stalker ex-boyfriends and love rat spouses to ‘seven-times-a-night’ sex secrets spilled
- Kylie Jenner supports ex Travis Scott at his Astroworld music festival after amicable split
- QAnoners Cheer Trump’s Text Alert Test, See It as a Step Toward Martial Law
- 'Greed is good': ex-Uber boss likened to Gordon Gekko at trade secrets trial
- ‘I Know What
- All the Shows NBC Canceled in 2018
- Recap: Truth Hurts
- Jenna Dewan cradles her pregnant bump as she channels Old Hollywood in scarlet gown at People's Choice Awards
- The Reinvention of Taylor Swift
- Watch, skip, or binge:
Law and Order SVU fans overjoyed as Rollins ex's comeback confirmed: 'So happy!' have 1051 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.