Kanye West has dedicated his Sunday Service to close friend Virgil Abloh in tribute, following his death.
Following the sad news, the Gold Digger rapper – who worked with the late fashion designer throughout his career – was among the stars offering their condolences on social media.
Sharing a link to his Sunday Service page on his Story, a message on the site simply read: 'In loving memory of Virgil Abloh.
'The creative director of DONDA.'
The pair formed a close bond when they interned for Fendi together in Italy, with Ye later appointed him as creative director of DONDA.
He also served as the artistic director of the musician's Watch The Throne tour, with Jay-Z.
Abloh's death was confirmed by his loved ones, who shared a lengthy statement on his Instagram page.
'We are devastated to announce the passing of our beloved Virgil Abloh, a fiercely devoted father, husband, son, brother, and friend,' it began.
'He is survived by his loving wife Shannon Abloh, his children Lowe Abloh and Grey Abloh, his sister Edwina Abloh, his parents Nee and Eunice Abloh, and numerous dear friends and colleagues.
'For over two years, Virgil valiantly battled a rare, aggressive form of cancer, cardiac angiosarcoma. He chose to endure his battle privately since his diagnosis in 2019, undergoing numerous challenging treatments, all while helming several significant institutions that span fashion, art, and culture.
'Through it all, his work ethic, infinite curiosity, and optimism never wavered. Virgil was driven by his dedication to his craft and to his mission to open doors for others and create pathways for greater equality in art and design.
'He often said, "Everything I do is for the 17-year-old version of myself," believing deeply in the power of art to inspire future generations.'
They concluded the post: 'We thank you all for your love and support, and we ask for privacy as we grieve and celebrate Virgil's life. Virgil Abloh. September 30, 1980 – November 28, 2021.'
A spokesperson for LVMH also offered a tribute on social media, with a statement, which read: 'LVMH, Louis Vuitton and Off White are devastated to announce the passing of Virgil Abloh, on Sunday, November 28th, of cancer, which he had been battling privately for several years.'
Louis Vuitton boss Bernard Arnault added: 'We are all shocked after this terrible news. Virgil was not only a genius designer, a visionary, he was also a man with a beautiful soul and great wisdom.
'The LVMH family joins me in this moment of great sorrow, and we are all thinking of his loved ones after the passing of their husband, their father, their brother or their friend.'
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Kim Kardashian busts out of a tight-fitting Burberry bikini top in a string of sexy selfies... after returning home to LA without Kanye West
- Kate Gross, head of African Governance Initiative, dies aged 36
- EXCLUSIVE: 'It was eerie, like he knew something was going to happen.' Bobby Brown Jr. told friends he was sick and predicted his death, as pal describes how he suffered from heart condition and was coughing in phone call hours before he died
- Cher presents Billboard Icon Award to 'music legend and friend' Garth Brooks at 2020 Billboard Awards in LA
- Palace outrage at Netflix's The Crown as Prince Charles' friends launch a blistering attack on the TV drama and accuse producers of 'trolling on a Hollywood budget' ahead of the fourth series' launch
- Dominic West's wife Catherine FitzGerald beams as she takes her dog for a walk two days after breaking her silence to insist her marriage is 'fine' amid Lily James scandal
- 'I lost him when he went into the home': Devastated wife of D-Day veteran, 102, who died of Covid reveals struggle of not being able to hug him after he moved into care home in July
- 'Rock on Bobby': Tommy Cannon fights back tears at funeral of comedy partner Bobby Ball after his death aged 76 as mourners pay tribute with his trademark red braces
- 130 Secret Service officers are in COVID quarantine after testing positive or being exposed while guarding Donald Trump - including at mask-free rallies and White House's Election Night superspreader party
- From a speech therapy app to a gadget that banishes bug bite pain, 10 top family-friendly products all parents should know about
- 'Gentle giant' didn't think much of heartburn before dying from hidden condition
- GPs in the South West were sent 'USED gloves packed into unopened boxes' in another PPE blunder after damning report reveals ministers wasted £10BILLION on over-priced protective equipment
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity review: The new gold standard for spinoffs
- Govt graph reveals how close YOUR area is to moving up or down Covid lockdown tiers
- Which areas will be plunged into Tier Three? Hull and much of the North West face toughest restrictions while London faces Tier Two and infections in Kent are spiking
- Scott Disick, 37, and Sofia Richie, 21, split AGAIN as 'their age difference and his dedication to his kids with Kourtney got in the way'
- Peter Sutcliffe coronavirus death – live updates as Yorkshire Ripper dies ALONE 40 years after bloody reign of terror
- Britain's third coronavirus case caught disease in SINGAPORE: Middle-aged British businessman walked into A&E in Brighton days after flying home before being whisked off to quarantine in London
- More snow chaos across Britain as forecasters expect it to be the coldest night of the winter forcing London City Airport to close and leaving travellers no choice but to abandon their stranded vehicles on the M3
- Gran-of-5 dies after being found on fire in woods as heartbroken family pay tribute to ‘lovely woman’
Kanye West dedicates Sunday Service to close friend Virgil Abloh as designer dies aged 41 have 1042 words, post on metro.co.uk at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.