JIM Bob Duggar has been slammed for insisting he “can’t remember” the details of his son Josh’s past molestation controversy.
In 2015, the Counting On patriarch, 56, had told police that Josh, 33, had confessed to touching underage girls in the family home between 2002 and 2003.
Jim Bob was forced to take the stand in an Arkansas court on Monday to testify on behalf of the prosecution in Josh’s ongoing child pornography trial.
Josh is on trial this week for child pornography charges from his April 2021 arrest .
Jim Bob repeatedly claimed he couldn’t remember the details of Josh’s admissions that he had touched the victims, who were called Jane Does 1 to 4, PEOPLE reported.
“This was something for a young man to come forward,” he said, calling it a “juvenile record” and a “sealed case.”
The reality star then claimed “I can’t remember” when asked about InTouch’s 2015 report on the scandal and called it “tabloid information.”
He said to judge Timothy L. Brooks: “I’m not going to allow it, are you going to allow for that?”
“If there is [an] objection to be made, someone will make it but it won’t be you,” the judge replied.
Most read in TV
Jim Bob was asked to read a copy of the police report but refused to do so, before saying he couldn’t remember the incident when he read it in his head.
He did, however, recall Josh telling him and wife Michelle in 2002 about “inappropriately touching” a minor – but claimed he couldn’t remember his son’s exact words.
“We were shocked this had happened but we were thankful he came on his own and told us,” he said.
“He had told me that he had touched some of the girls when they were sleeping on their breasts … they didn’t wake up.”
“[Josh] had crossed some line right at that age of curiosity, at 14, your hormones are kicking in.”
The TLC alum added that he and Michelle took Josh to the police in 2006, saying: “Josh confessed everything to Arkansas State Police.
“We tried to handle things in house. It was a very difficult time in our family’s life.”
They took Josh to the police after Bobye, the wife of Jim Holt, an elder in the Duggar family church, recalled Josh repeatedly admitting in 2003 and in 2005 to inappropriately touching four Jane Does over and under their clothes.
When the 2006 police report came up again during Jim Bob’s testimony, he said: “For you guys to use a tabloid to bring it back up is very unprofessional.”
Critics slammed Jim Bob over his insistence that he couldn’t remember the specifics of the molestation scandal.
One raged on a Duggar Reddit thread: “This sort of delusion is very telling, before I thought no way could Josh honestly think he’ll get out of this.
“Then I read the delusional father who can break his faith under oath and then tell the judge what will and won’t be allowed. I’m gobsmacked.”
Another added: “The audacity of this man! DISGUSTING.”
“I am so deeply hurt for the [victims], and I am so disgusted by this piece of s**t excuse for a father,” a third posted.
The Sun exclusively revealed that the state wants to use Josh’s past molestation scandal , which he was never charged for, at the trial and is asking the court for permission.
The state believes the police report shows his alleged "sexual interest in young girls."
In 2015, InTouch Weekly uncovered a 33-page Arkansas police report.
The police report revealed Jim Bob confessed to local authorities that Josh fondled the breasts and genitals of five young girls while they were asleep in the family home.
His younger sisters Jill, 29, and Jessa, 28, came forward as two of the victims in an interview with Megyn Kelly, where they insisted they had forgiven Josh, who was never charged, for his sins .
Josh admitted the molestation in a statement at the time on his Facebook page.
He said: "Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends.
"I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling."
CHILD PORNOGRAPHY TRIAL
Back in April, Josh pleaded not guilty to two child pornography counts.
He was accused of possessing sick images of child pornography that were “the worst of the worst” that authorities had ever seen.
Homeland Security special agent Gerald Faulkner said in May that downloads made from a specific file were “in the top five of the worst of the worst that I’ve ever had to examine”.
It has been said that Josh’s trial could last until December 3. If found guilty, he faces up to 20 years in prison.
The former 19 Kids and Counting star is on home confinement until his trial this week and has been living with third-party custodians LaCount and Maria Reber , who are longtime friends of Jim Bob and his wife Michelle.
The Arkansas judge on the case ordered Josh to wear a GPS ankle monitor .
He has unlimited access to his children with Anna present.
- Joseph Duggar’s 22-year-old wife Kendra’s parents living in their home after her mom welcomes NINTH child
- Josh Duggar trial verdict news – Anna silent as rest of family responds to guilty conviction in child pornography case
- Anna Duggar banned from visiting Josh in person & can only video call as he awaits child pornography sentencing in jail
- Josh Duggar demands a new trial after GUILTY child pornography verdict & claims he ‘didn’t LOOK at the video & photos’
- Jailed Josh Duggar & wife Anna have made over 100 calls to each other while his sisters SNUB him after guilty verdict
- Duggar sisters go silent on social media after Joy-Anna declares she’s taking a ‘break’ following Josh’s guilty verdict
- Bringing Up Bates CANCELED after 10 seasons as family friend Josh Duggar is found guilty of child pornography charges
- Biden's funeral rituals speak to bygone America
- How baseball changed forever in 1972: A timeline of MLB's most memorable events, 50 years later
- The mind of a killer: Unraveling the lies of Jodi Arias
- The Real Tragedy of Jan. 6 Is That It’s Still Not Over
- Can Forgiveness Play a Role in Criminal Justice?
- THEY WATCH WHAT WE WATCH
- A disappointing Saturday Night Live premiere at least offers one cast member a chance to break out
- The Worst President in History
- 50 New Fall TV Shows Worth Watching: ‘Will & Grace,’ Lady Gaga, Twin James Francos & More
- Is Hunters Point sick? Meet the doctor screening residents for toxins in S.F.’s biggest development battle
Jim Bob Duggar slammed as ‘disgusting’ for insisting he ‘can’t remember’ details of son Josh’s molestation scandal have 1286 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.