Lady Gaga reveals preparation for House Of Gucci leading role
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Jeremy Irons has opened up about the parallel between House of Gucci and the Royal Family in a new interview. The actor shared his thoughts on how the Gucci family in the film has many parallels in modern society, including with the Royal Family.
House of Gucci was released in cinemas last week as it delved into the story of Patrizia Reggiani's marriage to Maurizio Gucci.
Jeremy plays Rodolfo Gucci in the new Ridley Scott film, the family's patriarch.
Discussing the themes of the story, he admitted the Guccis "thought they were royalty" in Italy.
The French Lieutenant's Woman's actor went on to compare Patrizia to the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle.
Jeremy Irons says Meghan Markle’s exit from Royal Family ‘huge shame for our monarchy’ (Image: GETTY)
The actor shared his thoughts on how Meghan Markle was not so dissimilar from Patrizia Reggiani (Image: GETTY)
In particular, he was referencing her experience of marrying into the Gucci family from outside of it – and how this has many parallels in modern society.
He said: "I sometimes think Meghan is a bit of a Patrizia.
"She's moving into a different way of life, a different class, a different nationality and trying to do her best and it is not working, which I think is a huge shame for our monarchy.
"That's a parallel story."
House of Gucci was released in cinemas last week (Image: GETTY)
Jeremy plays Rodolfo Gucci in the new Ridley Scott film (Image: GETTY)
Jeremy didn't elaborate more in his chat with the Evening Standard but admitted the story of a powerful family House of Gucci "is not uncommon", also referencing the show Succession as a parallel.
Meghan and Prince Harry announced they were stepping back as senior royals in January 2020.
Since then, the Duke and Duchess have moved to the US and focus on their charity Archewell.
As well as this, earlier this year, the pair sat down to speak to Oprah Winfrey about their decision.
Our Yorkshire Farm’s Amanda Owen suffers near-miss as Storm Arwen hits [PICTURES] Carol Vorderman and BBC co-star get ‘warning’ for ‘noise levels’ [VIDEO] ‘Who?’ Rod Stewart says he and Elton John ‘don’t keep in touch’ [INTERVIEW]
In a candid interview, the pair opened up about the struggle of being in the intense spotlight.
Elsewhere, Jeremy opened up to The AV Club about his role in the new House of Gucci film.
Speaking about working with Ridley, he explained how much he enjoyed his filming style.
He explained: "Filming can be extremely tedious and go on for a long time, and that drains you as an actor when you're trying to sort of keep a spirit in a scene.
"Ridley shoots with many cameras at the same time. Four cameras on Gucci.
"On the first picture I did with him, he sometimes had about seven cameras going."
Jeremy continued: "That's wonderful because it means you don't have to do a performance and then reverse and then different angles and remember what on earth you were doing on take two when it was that way around.
"So that's glorious. It also makes it very, very fast."
- Bestselling author is accused of 'racism' after branding Meghan Markle 'unmaternal' and 'phony' in video of her reading to Archie for his first birthday
- Emily Griffin sets the record straight over Meghan Markle fiasco saying she ‘meant no harm’
- What Royals actually do all day - from Queen to Meghan Markle and Princess Beatrice
- Meghan Markle 'driven out of UK' and when Queen dies 'rest should go' says Brian Cox
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry shock mental health charity workers as they crash staff Zoom call from their LA mansion
- Inside Zara Tindall's Royal Life: Not a Princess, but Not Exactly Normal
- Prince Harry gives nod to Meghan Markle as he praises young Brits for ‘surviving & thriving’ during pandemic in LA video
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry are surrounded by A-list neighbours including Adele & Katy Perry in LA, aerial photos show
- Author of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's biography Omid Scobie says even the Sussexes 'didn't expect things to turn out the way they did' and promises book will be the definitive version' of their lives
- Fears that Meghan Markle's mum could be next family member to be 'frozen out'
- Meghan Markle ‘toyed’ with boys’ hearts and ghosted her bloke after landing Suits role, claims school friend
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are at a point of ‘no return’, says Julie Montagu
- Baby Archie's First Birthday: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Journey From Vulnerability to Hysterics
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's 'Conscious Uncoupling from the Crown' to be Made Into Movie
- Royal expert dishes Meghan Markle, Prince Harry ‘had an agenda from start’
- Piers Morgan says he made things ‘too personal’ with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry as he admits he ‘took it too far’
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry’s biographer dishes the details about explosive tell-all book
- Canada 'offers to pick up Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's £500,000 security bill while the couple are in the country'
- Meghan Markle's half-brother urges the Queen to step in and mend family rift
- Meghan Markle's secret birth story for baby Archie finally revealed
Jeremy Irons says Meghan Markle's struggle in royal life is 'huge shame for our monarchy' have 1058 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.