The internet is backing one woman who admitted in a now-viral Reddit post that she doesn’t want to bring her sister’s kids with her on a trip to Disneyland Paris.
Posting to Reddit’s “Am I The A**hole” forum on Sunday under the username u/throwingstars03r5, the woman shared that she plans to propose to her girlfriend during the special trip.
Already, the post, found here, has received nearly 16,000 votes and more than 1,900 comments.
“My sister knows I’m proposing as she helped me pick out the ring and she was very supportive until she found out where I was planning to propose,” the Redditor wrote.
“She doesn’t approve of it as we’re not kids and has stated that as we’re not children it’s ‘weird’ and how if I wanted to go there I should take her kids who are 10 and 6,” she continued.
As it turns out, the Redditor’s sister isn’t the only person who thinks it’s “weird” or wrong for childless adults to visit Disney parks.
In 2019, one mother’s angry Facebook post on the subject went viral, according to Travel and Leisure .
“It p**ses me off TO NO END!!!!! when I see CHILDLESS COUPLES … AT DISNEY WORLD,” she said in the post which was shared to Twitter by Jennifer Adcock (JenKatWrites). “DW is for CHILDREN!!!! People without CHILDREN need to be BANNED!!!!”
That same year, the New York Post ran an op-ed on the subject, which stated: “Millennials are indeed in an unhealthy relationship with Disney, having granted control of so much of their leisure time and personality to a single, enormous corporate entity meant for children.”
Of course, many “Disney Adults” have gone on record to defend their love of the company and its parks.
“I think it’s odd that people watch NASCAR races or hunt or fish, but I’m not going to complain to them about it,” Disney annual pass holder Melanie Pati told the Tampa Bay Times .
“Personally, I don’t ride Dumbo or It’s a Small World, but I would be hell-bent to go on Haunted Mansion. I enjoy the costuming and the atmosphere, the rides and the cuisine and hundreds of other things associated with Disney,” she said. “For me, it’s the happiness associated with memories from my childhood.”
The Redditor tried to explain to her sister that she did not want to bring her niece and nephew along, but her sister pushed the issue by telling the kids about the trip.
“I explained this to my sister and I thought she understood, but next time I was overseeing her kids they were upset as she had told them about the Disney trip and they couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t take them,” the Redditor claimed.
“I tried to console them but I felt very put on the spot and upset by this, I ended up leaving not long after and my sister keeps badgering me to take the kids now as they’re so upset.”
The Redditor wanted to know if she was wrong not to take the kids, but many commenters quickly rushed to her defense.
“NTA [not the a**hole]. Your sister is a gigantic a**hole. If she wants her kids to experience Disney, she can take them whenever she wants. To tell her kids about Disney with you is emotional abuse. She’s terrible,” commented u/NUT-me-SHELL.
“NTA, you’re not obligated to take her kids with you any time you go on vacation, especially when it’s a romantic vacation with your GF. This is plain entitlement. She thinks she can control you. When you don’t comply with her wishes she disparages you and says that it’s ridiculous that you go there as adults, alongside other unprompted insults,” added u/Compensate1995.
Another Redditor wrote: “NTA. Your sister is being ridiculous. Loads of adults go there without kids. Pretty mean of her to put you on the spot like that. Especially dragging her kids into. Tell her she is spoiling it all for you.”
“I’m sorry she’s badgering you like this! It doesn’t matter if you are planning to propose, or if you just want some grown-up time, or if you’re 18 or 100. You have every right to go to Disney when you want and with whomever you want. It’s *your* trip, it’s not a communal family trip that your sister can make demands on,” said u/Princess-She-ra.
- Woman smacks boyfriend on the head during Disneyland proposal, says she thought he was 'trolling'
- Man's romantic proposal scuppered by girlfriend's 'priceless' instant reaction
- I'm A Celebrity: Shane Richie's wife claims he has a 'secret sign' to tell his kids he loves them from camp as his ex Coleen Nolan backs him to win
- EXCLUSIVE: 'She's tired of being an actor's wife': Dominic West's wife Catherine FitzGerald wants to leave the star and 'move back to Ireland' following Lily James scandal
- Woman, 37, avoids jail after shoving piping hot Pukka Pie into innocent victim's face leaving 29-year-old with 'napalm-like' burns in unprovoked racist attack in at Newcastle races Ladies' Day
- Will HARRY flee the UK too? Prince plans to follow his wife after she jetted back to Canada after leaving Archie with nanny and best friend - amid 'abdication' crisis talks with the Queen, Charles and William
- Woman accused of setting house fire, then running over her husband as he escaped, tells her side
- HBO Max: Everything about HBO's app streaming Wonder Woman next month
- IFC’s ‘Stardust’ Brings Magic Of David Bowie, ‘Zappa’ Docu Explores Life Of Experimental Rocker – Thanksgiving Specialty Preview
- ‘Happiest Season’ Isn’t the Queer-Positive Christmas Movie You Wanted (But That’s OK!)
- History teacher becomes first Who Wants To Be A Millionaire winner in 14 years as he scoops jackpot just 12 months after his brother won £500,000 on the show
- Hope for Christmas? COVID cases drop to 19,609 and deaths fall to 529 as Boris insists he DOES want families to meet up over the festive break - but health boss warns it will cost England 25 DAYS of restrictions for just five days of seeing loved ones
- Kim Kardashian shares rare tipsy video as she dances during controversial 40th birthday trip
- Ivan Reitman on Bill Murray, Internet Trolls, and Why He Fought for the
- Jack P Shepherd’s ex claims Corrie star has turned his back on kids and didn’t see them for four months
- #EndSARS: Help me, my abducted 3-year- old son sold for N8m, woman begs Abuja panel
- Ingraham: Democrats want to 'shame you' into canceling holiday plans
- #BigInterview! Suniel Shetty on his Bollywood journey: 'I am 120 films old but if Ahan wants to do 20-25, I am okay with it'
- Mission for ex-Jets star Lyons is granting ill kids' wishes
- Wonder Woman 1984: HBO Max release date, trailers, runtime, and more
Internet backs woman who doesn't want to bring sister's kids on Disneyland proposal trip have 1134 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.