The actor, who's been on an extended hiatus from his long-running role, chatted to the campmates about wanting to take on other opportunities.
Following his exit from Albert Square , Adam, 53, went on to star in the theatre production Looking Good Dead, which is running into next year.
Frankie Bridge asked him in camp: 'What made you leave EastEnders Adam?'
Adam, who starred as Ian for 35 years , replied: 'I just had another opportunity. This play came up. I just fancied doing something different. The way the storyline is, they needed me to take a break. Yeah.. the break's just got longer.'
Kadeena Cox asked: 'Would you ever get into film?' with Adam then replying: 'I'm available as of April.'
It was previously rumoured that Adam was set to leave EastEnders for good following his appearance on I'm A Celebrity.
A source told The Sun: 'He's excited by the prospect of showing the nation who the real Adam Woodyatt is.
'He is optimistic it will open the minds of producers who might have previously only thought of him as Ian.
'And there are plenty of stars who've gone on to new things as a result of I'm A Celebrity.'
Adam made his final appearance in EastEnders as Ian back in January, after he decided to take a break from the show.
It was originally thought that he would only be away for 10 weeks, but he since revealed that he wouldn't return until next year at the earliest.
Metro.co.uk has contacted reps for EastEnders for comment.
I'm A Celebrity returns tomorrow at 9pm on ITV.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
The Soaps Newsletter
Includes exclusive content, spoilers and interviews before they’re seen on the site. Find out more »
- This is when I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here will return to our screens
- I’m A Celebrity fans fear John Barrowman won’t return after seeing the moment he collapses in agony following nasty fall
- Liverpool squad vs Red Star Belgrade confirmed as midfielder returns
- EastEnders’ Jean Slater ‘destroys’ Ian Beale and shuts him down as he tries to claim she fancies him
- Kieran Hayler responds to I'm A Celebrity rumours
- Rita Simons 'joins' I'm A Celebrity 2018 line-up as she 'heads into the jungle'
- I'm a Celebrity 2018 line-up, start date and who is hosting
- The I'm A Celebrity 2018 line-up has been confirmed
- EastEnders viewers celebrate as Alfie Moon returns to Walford to launch new funeral business
- I’m A Celebrity’s Extra Camp will return this year with Scarlett Moffatt, Joe Swash and Joel Dommett
- EastEnders star Rita Simons arrives in Australia for I'm A Celebrity
- Rita Simons opens up on living with OCD on I'm a Celebrity
- Schoolboy sends heartfelt letter to I'm A Celebrity's Anne Hegerty about autism
- I'm A Celebrity ITV bosses 'forced to axe' second mystery camp mate
- Former EastEnders star Lisa Hammond slams soap bosses for ‘only casting her because of her disability’ in play about life on TV
- Gary Lucy and wife Natasha confirm: it's over
- EastEnders’ new boss confirms THREE old characters are coming back to Albert Square in massive plot twist
- Harry Redknapp lands in Australia ready for I'm A Celebrity
- The I'm a Celebrity stars who have arrived in Australia
- Pictured: The I'm a Celebrity stars who have arrived in Australia
I’m A Celebrity 2021: Adam Woodyatt confirms there’s no EastEnders return have 658 words, post on metro.co.uk at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.