This Morning: Phillip Schofield gives update on his laryngitis
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The This Morning presenter got ITV viewers talking on Monday as he sounded unrecognisable, with a husky voice making clear he was unwell. Phillip Schofield , 59, and co-host Holly Willoughby , 40, addressed the health diagnosis minutes into the show to explain why he sounded strange. On Tuesday’s episode, he was back and sounding better. He updated fans on how he was doing after explaining he had “cracked” the illness.
Opening the show, Phillip stated: “If you are lucky enough to be enjoying the Scottish bank holiday today then sit back, relax and enjoy the show.”
He added: “And, after a lot of steaming last night -”
“You sound much better,” Holly cut in.
“I think finally, I might have cracked it,” he remarked, before insisting he had overcome the illness.
This Morning: Phillip gave viewers an update on his health (Image: ITV)
This Morning: Holly and Phil explained the latter’s diagnosis yesterday (Image: ITV)
“You might have cracked it, you’re on the mend!” Holly elaborated.
“I cracked the laryngitis,” Phillip repeated.
His colleague commented: “Well, well done. You were good though because you listened to your body you went home (and) you relaxed – (you) didn’t do anything.”
“I needed to wrap myself up in something really warm,” Phil explained.
This Morning: Holly and Phil had good news on Tuesday’s show (Image: ITV)
This Morning: Phillip Schofield life in pictures (Image: Express)
“Like those things you wear at the end of the marathon.”
“The tin foil blankets?” Holly asked. The host answered: “The tin foil blankets – you came in today wearing one!”
On Monday, Phil explained to viewers that he had been diagnosed with the throat condition.
“We haven’t changed his voice to protect his identity,” Holly told fans. “What’s going on with you?”
Sally Nugent blasted over 'inappropriate' interview interruption [LATEST] EastEnders exit sealed as Kim Fox leaves Square over betrayal? [SPOILER] Phillip Schofield unveils health diagnosis on This Morning [VIDEO]
“I have been fully tested (for Covid), I feel amazingly good but I have a touch of laryngitis,” the presenter confirmed.
Holly joked “So, you’re just going to sound… kind of sexy, actually.”
Phil clarified: “I feel fine – just a bit croaky.”
It didn’t take long for concerned viewers to take to social media to discuss Phil’s health.
It seems Phil wasn’t impacted for too long though, with the ITV star sounding like his normal self again on Tuesday.
The presenters later discussed ways to combat the condition, which impacts the voice box.
Along with Dr Philippa Kaye, the This Morning trio ran through symptoms to look out for as well as remedies for the throat condition.
This Morning airs weekday at 10am on ITV.
- Fantasy Headlines: Schwarber out for the year with torn ACL, LCL (UPDATE)
- Rare back-to-back eagles boost John Peterson to first-round lead at Quail Hollow
- AFC West Roundup: Week 17 Finale
- Tyler Adams earns high praise after star showing in the CCL
- David retains his singles title at Clarence
- The Quest for a Better Football Helmet
- Detroit Lions have right QB, but Matthew Stafford running out of time
- 2017 NFL Draft: One Mistake Each Team Can’t Afford to Make
- The Longshots
- MMQB: NFL Power Rankings, Part 2 — Who’ll challenge the Pats?
- How Much Will Every 1st-Round Rookie Contribute in Year 1?
- Bad news for fantasy GMs: Detroit Lions will use host of RBs this year
- The good, the bad and the sad of the first half of 2016
- Detroit Lions' T.J. Lang feels 'pretty good' after injury-marred 2017
- The 30: Who’s No. 1 in the first MLB power rankings of 2017?
- Detroit Lions mailbag: Line upgrades, offensive potential and more
- White Sox Reliever Danny Farquhar Has Brain Hemorrhage During Game
- Detroit Lions WR TJ Jones signs restricted free agent tender
- NFL mock draft 2018: Mel Kiper's 'Grade A' picks for Detroit Lions
- Breaking down Today’s Game Hall of Fame ballot, Part 2: Mark McGwire
'I've cracked it' Phillip Schofield shares positive health update after diagnosis have 836 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.