I’m a Celebrity bosses have been secretly engineering conversations in the camp, it’s claimed.
The stars are reportedly coaxed into asking each other questions about their lives to make the show more interesting for viewers.
It’s said that that the resulting conversations aim to make the series ‘must-see TV’.
A show insider said: “Producers will often get a celebrity to ask one of the others about their life. It’s usually about things they’ve done in their career, other famous people they’ve met or times they’ve faced adversity.
“It means viewers get to find out about the most interesting things they have gone through.
“Heart-to-hearts in camp are often the most interesting moments, so it’s vital that they happen. Producers don’t want to leave it to chance.”
It’s not common knowledge to viewers that producers are engineering conversations behind the scenes between campmates, but one industry source told the Star that it was actually common practice.
The Mirror has reached out to ITV for comment.
There seems to be some success to this method, with some of the stars already opening up within the first week of the 2021 series.
Paralympian Kadeena Cox has openly discussed her battle with MS with her campmates.
Ahead of the show, Kadeena had concerns that her disability would force her to sit out of trials, which she confessed had deterred her from appearing on the show earlier.
She said: “I didn’t want to be that person that was exempt from loads of trials because I’ve got a disability. I’m the kind of person that’s about what I can do as opposed to what I can’t do. So that was something that I feared.”
It’s reported that ITV producers took her concerns on and are happy to accommodate to her needs so that the star doesn’t “miss out” on any opportunities.
It’s not just Kadeena who has opened up about her health on the show.
Football star David Ginola stunned his camp mates as he opened up about the “miracle” of him surviving a heart attack on the pitch that caused him to “pass away” for 12 minutes.
The conversation was brought about when music producer Naughty Boy asked David: "Is that true about something that happened to you?"
David replied: "You mean what?"
Naughty Boy elaborated: "You died and came back?"
David answered: "Yes, I passed away for 12 minutes."
I’m A Celebrity 2021: Everything you need to know
- The full line up
- Simon and Adam’s late arrival
- Richard rushed to hospital – and every time it’s happened before
- Richard explains why he had to quit castle
- Intruder breaks into the camp!
- Who is Adam Woodyatt?
- Who is Simon Gregson?
- Who is David Ginola?
- Who is Frankie Bridge?
- Who is Arlene Phillips?
- Who is Richard Madeley?
- Who is Danny Miller?
- Who is Kadeena Cox?
- Who is Matty Lee?
- Who is Louise Minchin?
- Who is Snoochie Shy?
- Who is Naughty Boy?
Naughty Boy was left shocked, saying: "When you had your heart attack? I didn't think that was possible."
David explained: "Just playing football and at one stage you just fall on the floor.
“So they have to perform CPR for 12 minutes and they arrive with the defibrillator and they shocked me one time, two times, three times… they said, 'I think your friend is dead.' A fourth, fifth time… the fifth time, they say ‘oh, I hear heartbeat’.
“Yeah… and the surgeon said, 'You've been very lucky David, it's a miracle. Because in your condition 9 out of 10 would have died.'"
- Weapons Fire and Battles Blaze in 'Star Trek: Discovery' Episode 13
- Introducing the Strictly Come Dancing class of 2019! Soap star Catherine Tyldesley, YouTuber Saffron Barker, Drag Race favourite Michelle Visage and ex-Lioness Alex Scott dust off their dancing shoes in first official portraits
- Celebs log onto the Internet
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi rejects The Force Awakens’ mysteries, and is better for it
- Big Star's Third: 'It's hard to nail the chaos'
- Your Creative Calendar: 54 Things To Do, Watch, Hear, And Read This October
- Privacy: what Windows Live knows about your friends
- Male Porn Stars Share Their Secrets For Staying Hard on Set
- Behind the scenes with the biggest soul stars of the 70s
- Your Creative Calendar: 53 Things To Do, See, And Hear This January
- Google’s Assistant is 10x faster and knows where your mom lives
- Your Creative Calendar: 61 Things To Do, Watch, Hear, And Read This November
- Celebrities who have battled cancer
- 'Sesame Street' Sues Over New Melissa McCarthy Puppet Movie
- Stranger Things: Millie Bobby Brown hopes for a season 4
- I'm obsessed with the cast of 'A Wrinkle In Time' and you should be too
- Unplugged! The biggest hack in history
- The promise of smart healthcare
- Why Stephen Hawking Still Matters on His 76th Birthday
- Why I Returned My ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3 Times (And I'm Not Alone)
I'm A Celeb stars 'directed to ask campmates about lives' so viewers can hear more have 889 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.