Donations for the victims of the attack on the Waukesha Christmas Parade last week have poured in from across the country in recent days.
A GoFundMe page set up for the family of the youngest victim of the incident, Jackson Sparks, 8, who died on Tuesday, and his injured brother, Tucker Sparks, 12, has raised about $440,000 as of Sunday morning.
Five other people were killed, and more than 60 were injured when a driver of an SUV plowed through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, on November 21.
Jackson Sparks, who had been marching in the parade with his baseball team, died from his injuries days after he underwent brain surgery following the attack.
His family announced his death in an update on the GoFundMe page Tuesday.
“Tucker, by the grace of God is miraculously recovering from his injuries and will be being discharged home,” the page stated.
“This afternoon, our dear Jackson has sadly succumbed to his injuries and passed away,” it added.
According to the page, Tucker sustained road rash and a fractured skull during the attack.
As of Saturday evening, donors from around the country had contributed more than $2 million for victims through a variety of channels, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported .
The United for Waukesha Community Fund, which was set up following the incident, has brought in about $1.8 million so far, receiving money from 7,000 individual donors from all 50 states, and 12 different countries, according to the Journal Sentinel .
Nearly 30 verified GoFundMe pages for victims of the attack have brought in more than $1 million. A lot of this money came in the days following the tragedy. As of 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, nearly $763,619 had been donated to 17 verified pages for victims.
A page set up for a girl named Julia who was injured in the attack has raised $131,000 so far. Julia suffered brain trauma was being treated in an intensive care unit.
“Julia is in the fight of her life. She is a victim of the senseless violence at the Waukesha Christmas Parade. Julia was marching in the parade with her dance team bringing a smile to everyone’s face. Because that is who she is,” the page read.
In an update on Friday, the organizer of the page wrote Julia “is awake and responsive.”
“There is still a long road ahead for recovery, but we are optimistic and joyful to see her responding to loved ones.”
- 22 Dead, 120 Injured, Youngest Victim Eight Years Old After ‘Suicide Bomb’ at UK Ariana Grande Concert
- Chinese doctor who tried to raise alarm on coronavirus in Wuhan dies from disease
- Victim in Charlottesville Attack Identified as Heather Heyer: 'She Died Doing What Was Right'
- Mom of Charlottesville Victim Refuses to Answer Trump's Calls: I Won't Be 'Used for Political Agendas'
- Heroic Spouses, Beloved Teachers, Devoted Parents: Remembering the Victims of the Las Vegas Massacre
- Coronavirus panic as THIRTY staff on Hong Kong cruise ship shows signs of killer bug as victims stretchered off
- Kobe Bryant: Investigators Hoping Phones, Electronics of Victims Reveal Details Leading to Fatal Crash
- 'She looks just like my Gigi with her daddy's eyes': Vanessa Bryant shares tear-jerking video of her seven-month-old daughter Capri learning to stand on her own - two weeks after Kobe's death
- EXCLUSIVE: The real-life Argo - and its heart-breaking ending: P.I. reveals daring mission to rescue kidnapped children from Yemen and tragedy which followed as he FINALLY meets the stolen American boy - who is now an Army hero
- Meet Frank Biden, Joe's 'penniless' brother who has snubbed mourning family he owes $1m - but who dined at the White House, boasts of his links to the former VP and vacations at $1,000-a-night ranch
- Outside Staples Center, a grim hustle for unlicensed vendors of Kobe R.I.P. shirts
- Donald Trump hails a gold star widow, the family of a man killed in an illegal immigrant's crime rampage and people 'benefiting from his opportunity zones' with guest seats for State of the Union
- Here are the 9 Democrats who are running for president
- JAN MOIR: Anne 'stony-heart' Sacoolas doesn't have an ounce of decency
- The Wuhan 83 are finally out! Coronavirus evacuees leave quarantine and head 'for a pint' after 14 days in isolation at grim nursing block on Merseyside
- Maryland Man Convicted of the Brutal Murders of Wealthy Washington D.C. Family and Housekeeper
- Who Thought Sucking on a Battery Was a Good Idea?
- The desperately ill boy parents just couldn't cope with: How the son of a company director and a former air hostess grew up to commit horrific crime at Tate gallery
- 'I'll push someone off... they will die': Tate gallery attacker Jonty Bravery had warned carers about his evil fantasy month before he shoved boy, 6, over balcony... but whistleblower claims that bosses did nothing
- More than a number: College players tell their stories about Kobe Bryant inspiring them to wear No. 24
GoFundMe for Waukesha parade's youngest victim raises nearly $450K a week after tragedy have 787 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.