Emmerdale: Lydia gets arrested on suspicion of fraud
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Lydia (played by Karen Blick) has been taking a back seat from the drama of late on Emmerdale but she has made a few appearances as her role as a cleaner in the village. However, she could be plunged right back into the thick of the action on the ITV soap as it seems she is harbouring a secret. Could this be the beginning of a difficult chapter for the long-suffering character and will she confide in anyone about her possible health woes?
Since she was promoted to become a regular cast member a few years ago, the beloved character has had a number of health scares.
This has included finding a mole which she thought was cancerous but she got the all-clear and discovered her father had died from Huntington’s Disease.
The past few years have therefore left her on a knife-edge as she has constantly had to think about the worst-case scenario.
Following scenes last year which saw her find out she didn’t have the Huntington’s gene, the villager has tried to stay positive.
By next week, however, she is descending into a dark place as it seems history could be about to repeat itself in the worst possible way.
Emmerdale’s Lydia Dingle devastated as she makes concerning health discovery? (Image: ITV)
Emmerdale spoilers: Lydia Dingle could be set for a cancer diagnosis (Image: ITV)
The drama continues from this week’s episodes which see her confront Liv Flaherty (Isobel Steele) over her drinking.
It will be a tense face to face as the youngster will reject Lydia’s chances to help her but seeing the young woman so in denial, this could stir something in the village cleaner.
A few months ago, it might have been possible she found a lump and has been going to the hospital for tests on what it could be.
In recent days, before her confrontation with Liv, she could have found out it is cancer this time around and not just a scare.
Unable to accept her concerning health woes, the beloved character might have been in denial since getting the results.
Emmerdale spoilers: Lydia Dingle could be hiding a secret from her family (Image: ITV)
Lydia shoots from the hip
Though, she could start to begin to think she needs to address her ailing health next week as she is struggling to keep a secret from her family.
Lydia would be wanting to keep this information from her husband, Sam Dingle (James Hooton) because he has had a heartbreaking experience with cancer in the past.
This is because his first wife, Alice Dingle (Ursula Holden-Gill) passed away from the illness after giving birth to the couple’s son.
It could be extremely hard for the beloved Dingle family member to think he is going to lose another wife to the disease.
Not wanting to break up with Sam again, as she did when she had a cancer scare a few years ago, the cleaner could just keep to herself for now.
DON’T MISS… Danny Miller's fiancée hints star's using I'm A Celeb for 'new career' [COMMENT] Mark Charnock thanks Emmerdale pal Gemma Atkinson for ‘rescuing him’ [COMMENT] Emmerdale star Anna Nightingale recalls suffering panic attacks on set [COMMENT]
Emmerdale spoilers: Lydia Dingle might not want to be a burden to Sam Dingle (Image: ITV)
However, the effects of chemotherapy mean she won’t be able to hide the illness for long so will she have to confess sooner rather than later?
The actress who plays Lydia, Karen, has spoken out before about her character would deal with a concerning health diagnosis.
Karen explained of her alter-ego: “I think sometimes Lydia shoots from the hip and goes ‘right that’s it, I’m off’.
“One of two things could happen. She could think, ‘This is awful, I need to get out of here because I don’t want to be a burden on Sam’.
“‘He went through that awful time with Alice and I don’t want to do that’ and she might leg it as she has done in the past, just disappear.”
Karen continued: “Maybe she’ll sit down with Sam and they’ll form a plan as her condition deteriorated of how she would be cared for, what her wishes would be, and maybe go about it that way.”
The actress also expressed how she feels invigorated to take on a challenge where her character has to face harsh realities.
She said: “Whenever you get a fantastic story as an actor it’s a double-edged sword, you’re delighted to be able to really get your teeth into it.
“But there is the challenge of ‘I need to do this justice,'” she continued but will Lydia be forced to confront the reality of a cancer diagnosis?
Taking to Twitter recently, viewers have been worried they haven’t seen enough of Lydia over the past few weeks.
Georgia wrote on the social media platform: “#Emmerdale Where are Sam, Lydia, Samson [Dingle], Mandy [Dingle] and Vinny [Dingle] and Liv?”
Darren remarked: “@karenblick hello, loved seeing Lydia back on screen in tonight's double #Emmerdale, great stuff from you, can't wait to see what's coming up.”
Steve commented: “Kerry [Wyatt] is doing more cleaning than Lydia #emmerdale.”
So could viewers be seeing more of Lydia in the coming weeks as she faces this new battle on her own?
- Why is Debbie Dingle not returning to Emmerdale? Actress Charley Webb has ‘no plans’ to come back
- Is Pete Barton leaving Emmerdale? Exit storyline explained after Anthony Quinlan quits the soap
- World Health Organization appeals for £520million to fight the deadly coronavirus that has killed 566 people as leading statistician predicts 3,000 more will die by the end of February
- A coronavirus outbreak could be devastating for poorer countries
- Killer coronavirus outbreak poses a 'very grave threat for the rest of the world', the head of the World Health Organization warns
- Killer coronavirus outbreak's 40,000 cases may only be the 'tip of the iceberg', World Health Organization chief warns
- Health Secretary warns coronavirus outbreak will 'get worse before it gets better' as he announces an emergency money pot to build new quarantine wards for NHS hospitals bombarded with cases
- Killer coronavirus is 'the worst enemy you can ever imagine' and may pose a greater global threat than terrorism, World Health Organisation warns
- Coronavirus FINALLY has a name: World health chiefs label the deadly SARS-like disease 'COVID-19' - six weeks after the outbreak that has killed more than 1,000 people began
- Louisiana's mental health crisis could benefit from courts ordering treatment, expert says
- Emmerdale lines up gun horror for Moira Dingle as she makes dramatic return
- Devastated woman reeling from eight miscarriages told pals 'I kill babies'
- Why the GOP’s Senate Health-Care Bill Won’t Be Getting Much Nicer
- Science keeps improving global health
- 28 Devastating Infectious Diseases
- Coronavirus devastates Australian export businesses as economic costs of emergency filter through
- Labour MP Jo Cox Killed On Street — Suspected Attacker ‘Mental Health Problems’
- City Hall seeks proposals for new jail healthcare contract amid growing concern about inmate deaths
- Op-Ed: China’s media censorship is making the coronavirus outbreak even more lethal
- Did I make a mistake marrying a woman younger than me?
Emmerdale's Lydia Dingle devastated as she makes concerning health discovery? have 1409 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.