Elon Musk: David Beasley says 'we need billionaires to step up'
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Mr Musk ‘s recently leaked email saw him suggest his employees try not to “sprint like crazy” to maximise end of quarter deliveries. Doing so, he warned, would result in fewer deliveries and higher costs, and he encouraged people to work as if the company was not public and “the notion of ‘end of quarter’ didn't exist”. Final quarter results will build on what has proven a groundbreaking year for Tesla, as the company’s sales exploded in 2021, rising to 627,350 so far from 500,000 last year.
How much of Elon Musk’s net worth comes from Tesla?
Mr Musk became the world’s richest man in 2021, surpassing Amazon chief Jeff Bezos by reaching $282.4 billion (£211.4 billion).
His vast accumulated wealth comes from the performance of companies under his control, namely Tesla and SpaceX.
Earlier this month, he explained via Twitter that he does not “take a cash salary or bonus from anywhere”, only stock.
Elon Musk net worth: Staggering amount Tesla CEO is worth (Image: GETTY)
Elon Musk net worth: Mr Musk surpassed Jeff Bezos’ wealth this year (Image: GETTY)
Of the two, Tesla is the most successful and contributes most of his total net worth.
Tesla, the world’s most valuable electric car manufacturer, crossed the $1 trillion (£748.4 billion) mark for the first time this year.
The company crossed that landmark value in late October and has since hovered around there.
Mr Musk owns a minority of the company, with approximately 17 percent of its stock.
Elon Musk net worth: Tesla adds the most to Mr Musk’s total net worth (Image: GETTY)
His stock is worth roughly $180 billion (£134 billion), despite being 934,091 shares lighter, as of last week.
He agreed in a Twitter poll to sell 10 percent of his Tesla shares, amounting to $1.05 billion (£785 million), following a debate about billionaire tax arrangements.
According to Forbes, he owns much more of SpaceX, possessing 48 percent of the company.
But the private aerospace manufacturer has contributed significantly less to his overall wealth.
Elon Musk net worth: Mr Musk owns 48 percent of SpaceX (Image: GETTY)
In October, CNBC reported the company reached $100 billion (£74.8 billion) following a private valuation.
Unlike Tesla, however, SpaceX is not publicly traded, so how much Mr Musk makes from his stake is unclear.
Analysts believe the CEO could make much more money from his fledgling space exploration firm.
Adam Jonas of Morgan Stanley said it could eventually make Mr Musk the world’s first trillionaire.
He told the Guardian the firm was "challenging any preconceived notion” relative to “rockets, launch vehicles and supporting infrastructure".
Mr Jonas added clients had told his company if Mr Musk was to become the first trillionaire, “it won't be because of Tesla”.
He said others have said it could become the “most highly valued company in the world”.
The analyst added SpaceX could potentially boast a total valuation of $200 billion (£145 billion), from where it will likely grow.
- How old is Jamie Oliver, what are his 5 ingredients recipes, when did he marry Jools and what is his net worth?
- Anthony Joshua net worth: How much is AJ expected to earn from Wembley triumph over Wladimir Klitschko?
- How old is Joan Collins, what’s her net worth, who is her husband Percy Gibson and how many times has the Dynasty star been married?
- What is Adele’s net worth, what are her biggest songs, who’s her husband and when was her son Angelo born?
- Elon Musk: AI will soon make us look like monkeys
- Elon Musk: AI will soon make us look like apes
- Tesla has reinvented the windshield wiper in new patent
- Tesla releases patents to advance electronic cars
- Tesla shows off self-driving car ‘with eyes’ in amazing video
- Elon Musk’s $56 Billion Tesla Pay Package Heads to Court
- Who is Elon Musk, what’s his net worth, what are Hyperloop, Tesla, SpaceX and is he dating Amber Heard?
- Judge refuses to toss lawsuit challenging Musk pay package
- Elon Musk unveils new SpaceX rocket
- Who is Elon Musk? Meet the billionaire who thinks robots will steal ALL our jobs and wants to be the first man on Mars
- Judge refuses to toss lawsuit challenging Elon Musk pay package
- Tesla to expand electric car production
- Tesla shares flying on surprise profit
- Tesla claims ignorance of SEC probe after fatal accident
- Elon Musk hints that 7-seat, faster Model S is in the works
- Elon Musk Sold His Spare Brentwood House for $3.9 Million
Elon Musk net worth: Staggering amount Tesla CEO is worth have 935 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.