Ed Sheeran says he ‘likes to sing’ to daughter Lyra
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Grammy Award winner Ed Sheeran, 30, admitted he used to be “very reckless” in the early years of his fame, with actions that could have landed him in some serious trouble. By no fault of his own of course, but some of his choices could have put him in harms way.
I could have got robbed, kidnapped or anything
The Bad Habits hitmaker recalled how he used to be very blasé about security, and go to bars and clubs by himself after his gigs during his Multiply tour in 2014 and 2015.
Speaking on the Halfcast Podcast, he looked back at his decisions and wondered how he didn’t run into trouble.
“Tour for me on the Multiply tour; that was when it was really reckless,” he grinned.
“I didn't have security and it was only me touring.
Ed Sheeran admits ‘very reckless’ decisions on tour (Image: GETTY•YOUTUBE)
Ed admitted he used to go out without security (Image: GETTY)
“All my touring crew were like 50 and not wanting to go out to clubs, so I would finish a show and head out on my own.”
But now in 2021, and as one of the most successful singers in the world, he acknowledged just how naive his decisions were, even back then.
"Very reckless,” he shook his head.
“I could have got robbed, kidnapped or anything!”
Ed and Cherry officially got married in February 2019 in a super-intimate ceremony (Image: GETTY)
Ed released his latest album Equals, earlier this year (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Most listened to artists (Image: EXPRESS)
More recently though, the flame-haired pop star has been getting used to a more settled down life, after marrying his wife Cherry Seaborn and now raising their one-year-old daughter, Lyra.
Ed is a pretty private guy, but fans were over the moon when he shared a few rare insights into life with baby Lyra back in September.
As he joined Kiss Breakfast to promote his new single Shivers, the talk quickly turned to fatherhood.
Ed smiled: “It has completely flown, but this is what every parent says.
DON’T MISS… Steve Irwin’s best friend unveils his ‘very weird’ final speech [BREAKING] Amanda Owen admits difficulty of being 'judged' by followers online [REACTION] Rod Stewart ‘can’t sleep’ over fears wife Penny may be injured at work [LATEST]
“They’re just like, ‘Oh, you know, it flies by,’ but really I feel like I’ve blinked and something like…” he trailed off as he grinned and shrugged.
And with the release of new music means there’s a mammoth tour around the world on the cards, but he revealed he’s set on taking both Cherry and Lyra with him.
“I’ve got a long tour coming up so I think by that time she’ll probably start primary school [and] we’ll have been around the world like three or four times,” he chuckled.
“So, I think it’s probably time to settle [then] and have a normal childhood I think!”
It’s clear family time means a lot to the singer, who has strict working schedules he sticks to religiously.
Speaking on the Halfcast Podcast, he said: “The other night my wife was in LA and we had a Mexican takeaway and were in bed at 8.30pm. It was like the perfect evening.
"My work now is very structured. I work 9 to 5. I go into work at 9am and finish at 5pm, no matter what.”
Ed went on: “Some producers work mad hours and I say to them, 'If you don't show up at 9am or between 9am and 10am, I am off'. We are either working or not working.”
- Stormzy slammed by top cop after admitting to string of crimes - including mugging
- Coronavirus: County Championship probably 'a fair way away', Rob Key says
- Billboard Music Awards Names Drake Top Artist – Full List Of Winners
- Teen Choice Awards 2018: Riverdale starts the excitement as they rake in a whopping 10 awards
- Stormzy says he once mugged a pizza driver and stole his moped in 'hood rat' days
- Lucy Hale stuns in splashy green eye make-up as she walks the Teen Choice Awards red carpet
- Demi Lovato, Halsey and More Stars Take Sides After Taylor Swift Slams Scooter Braun for Bullying
- Pregnant Vogue Williams shares a throwback to when she and Spencer Matthews brought newborn Theodore home... as they announce they're expecting baby number two
- What is Sam Smith’s net worth and what have they said about being non-binary?
- Covid-19 forces UK arts to seek virtual venues and online audiences
- Origin of ‘Stairway to Heaven’ questioned at copyright trial
- Towie star Yazmin Oukhellou is broadcasting her own isolation mental health session with top doctor
- Yazmin Oukhellou reveals Towie sent a therapist to her house every DAY after on-set breakdown and depression battle left her unable to get out of bed
- Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready Talks Prince, North Carolina Boycott
- He Said, She Said: All the Reasons Every Bachelor Nation Couple Gave For Their Breakups
- Tom Brady leaving Patriots: Top landing spots, projected contract, latest updates, rumored interest and more
- Tom Brady leaving Patriots for Buccaneers: Physical scheduled, New England says goodbye and all the latest
- Tom Brady leaving Patriots for Buccaneers: "Excited, humble and hungry" to join Tampa Bay
- Corona Chronicles – Volume I
- The ultimate Walking Dead recap: catch up on every major moment from seasons 1-10A
'Could have been robbed or kidnapped!' Ed Sheeran admits 'very reckless' decisions on tour have 1075 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.