Two women who died following a crash were on their way home from Christmas shopping, their families have said.
Ellie Crossley, from Holywell, and Rebecca Doughty, of Connah’s Quay, both 20, were described as “lifelong friends”.
They were returning to Flintshire last Thursday when their Citroen crashed with a BMW on the A5117 near Parkgate Road, Chester, at about 21:30 GMT.
The 28-year-old BMW driver was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
In a joint statement from the women’s families, they said: “Both families, and their friends, have been left truly devastated by this tragic event and will sadly miss them.
“Close friends for their short lives, they will be in our hearts forever.”
Cheshire Police are appealing for witnesses following the crash.
- Marquette's Hauser brothers and UW's Trevor Anderson are lifelong friends. Now they are on opposite sides of a heated rivalry.
- Paul Fain: It's not too late for a financial strategy for Christmas shopping
- It’s always a very friendly Christmas in Viet Nam
- Louisville retailers brace for the final days of Christmas shopping
- November Gallery Night offers opportunity to get jump on Christmas shopping
- Take a break from Christmas shopping to enjoy these events
- Take a downtown Milwaukee holiday tour, finish up your Christmas shopping and build holiday memories.
- Achievements honoured at University of Chester’s annual prize-giving
- Family fun day on Saturday to support Chester Childbirth Appeal
- Black Christmas: 25 Bingeworthy TV Shows and Movies to Get You In the Holiday Spirit
- The Christmas Time Capsule
- The Story Behind Those Christmas Carols You Can't Stop Singing
- Former Next employee reveals the 10 hacks to shop the sale
- One hurt, fuel leak after tractor trailer overturns in Chester County, officials say
- Fond du Lac Kristmas Kringle Shoppe offers Christmas spirit year-round
- Daddy Duty: Here's my Christmas card to one and all
- Thousands help to beat cancer at Chester Race for Life event
- They asked for a little extra Christmas cheer. Instead, they got rejected, dejected and arrested.
- Christmas in Branson: Theme parks, nostalgic shows light up with holiday cheer
- For Milwaukee in 1968, the downtown Christmas parade went on
Chester crash: 'Lifelong friends' had been Christmas shopping have 377 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.