Press conference with Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel ahead of his side’s Premier League match against Manchester United
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Chelsea transfer target Federico Chiesa appears to have dropped a hint over his future after following the Blues and a host of players on his Instagram account.
It’s been reported that the Blues are plotting an £83million swoop for the 24-year-old – who netted the winner against them back in September’s Champions League clash.
And Chiesa has fuelled talk of a move with his social media activity.
Federico Chiesa could be on the move to Chelsea (Image: GETTY)
The attacker is now following Chelsea’s official account, as well as five Blues players: Christian Pulisic, Mateo Kovacic, Saul Niguez, Kai Havertz, and N’Golo Kante. Chiesa is also following Chelsea’s ex-talisman Eden Hazard .
Blues owner Roman Abramovich has already sanctioned a big-money raid on Serie A this year in the form of a club-record £97.5m deal for Romelu Lukaku.
And if Chiesa’s activity is anything to go by, it seems as though Abramovich could be set to open his chequebook again to prise the attacker away from Italy next summer.
Although Chiesa is currently on Juve’s books, he is technically still a Fiorentina player.
Chelsea have already spent big on Romelu Lukaku this year (Image: EXPRESS)
Juventus agreed a two-year loan deal with their Serie A rivals for the tricky technician; an agreement that also includes an obligation to complete a £40m permanent deal in 2022.
That clause would complicate any immediate move to Stamford Bridge. But there’s nothing to stop Chelsea from offering Juve an immediate, and grossly inflated, profit on that sum once the ink is dry on Chiesa’s permanent switch to the Allianz Stadium.
Any deal for Chiesa would put a trio of Chelsea’s current attackers on notice.
The likes of Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech and Callum Hudson-Odoi have all had inconsistent game time since Tuchel replaced Frank Lampard back in January – although Hudson-Odoi has been enjoying a run in the team this term and Pulisic’s absence has seemingly been injury-related than anything more sinister.
Follow our new Daily Express Sport Instagram page here https://www.instagram.com/
Thomas Tuchel is an admirer of Chiesa (Image: GETTY)
But that could leave Ziyech at risk of being shunted towards an early exit by Tuchel.
Ziyech arrived in west London on a five-year deal from Ajax last summer but has struggled to make any real impression in the Premier League.
The Morrocan has been linked with Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund this week.
And although Tuchel quashed any talk of Ziyech making an exit, temporary or permanent, once the transfer window reopens in the New Year, it’s likely his stance would change should Chelsea be able to strike a deal for Chiesa next year.
- Premier League social media rankings revealed: Man City closing the gap, Chelsea big in China but Man Utd still dwarf rivals
- How Spain’s far-right Vox created a winning social media strategy
- Regulations needed to make social-media influencers be clear about #ads
- MPs give Big Tech a hammering
- Wigan Athletic 0 Sheffield United 3: How social media reacted
- Man City transfer news recap deadline day highlights as Palaversa signs
- Transfer news live: Manchester United target agrees £44m deal
- Transfer news live: Paul Pogba makes huge Manchester United U-turn
- Transfer news live: Manchester United agree £61m striker deal;
- Transfer news live: Man United linked with Gareth Bale swoop
- Callum Hudson-Odoi must leave Chelsea for Bayern Munich if he wants to fulfil his enormous potential
- January transfer window news and rumours
- Manchester United target three international stars while Liverpool duo leave: Premier League transfer rumours
- OPINION: Why American media bubbles are worse than Russian ‘state-owned TV’
- Sarri convinced he can get Chelsea dressing room onside where others failed
- Who's Going Where? Transfer Window Season is Here and Merry-Go-Round is Upon us
- Live coverage as Bristol City CEO Mark Ashton gives radio interview
- Eamonn Sweeney: 'From winning big to losing bigger'
- How Leicester City's January transfer window rated
- Manchester United to hand new deals to three current players with Pochettino set to come in: Premier League transfer rumours
Chelsea target Federico Chiesa's social media activity gives big transfer indication have 912 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.