Black Friday has arrived and retailers and service providers have announced great deals on Apple and Android phones. We’ve scoured the internet to find you the best mobile phone offers available.
So far, Black Friday retailers including Very , John Lewis and Amazon have been cutting the prices of SIM-free handsets, but online specialists like Carphone Warehouse (now part of Currys ) and network providers like Sky , EE and Vodafone are offering the best Black Friday deals on 24-month and 36-month contracts. There are also bargains to be had on SIM-only packages.
Are there deals on iPhone 13 Pro?
Yes, there are. The brand new iPhone 13 is so highly sought-after that discounts are scarce, but it is possible to find iPhone deals on contracts at Three, Sky and elsewhere. We’ve listed the best ones below. And, since the iPhone 12 is not the latest model — with some variants no longer made — it is showing up in numerous Black Friday sales.
You can also find the best smartphones from Samsung, Google, Sony and Huawei discounted at Carphone Warehouse/Currys and Amazon , among other retailers. (By the way, the code TELEGRAPH10 can be used on Mobiles.co.uk to save £10 on any Vodafone handset contract with an upfront cost of £10 or above.)
Best mobile phone Black Friday 2021 deals
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
The absolute latest, absolute best iPhone boasts the world’s fastest smartphone chip (the A15 Bionic) and the longest ever iPhone battery life. But the big draw is the camera — or rather, four: a main camera, ultrawide camera and 3x zoom telephoto camera on the front (plus a LiDar sensor to help with low-light photography) and a 12MP selfie camera on the screen side. There won’t be many deals around, but a three-figure saving on a two-year plan from 3 is a step in the right direction. They’re applying the same Black Friday discount to the slightly smaller iPhone 13 Pro , which has a 6.1″ screen rather than 6.7″. You’ll also get £100 off both deals if you’re switching to Three. Meanwhile, you can get £50 off the upfront cost of a Three contract, or double data on a Vodafone contract, if you buy through Affordable Mobiles .
Apple iPhone 13
It lacks the telephoto lens of the Pro and Pro Max, has a slightly shorter battery life and doesn’t come in a 1TB version, but the base model iPhone 13 packs the same A15 Bionic chip and super-sharp screen resolution. Deals are hard to come by, but Sky have halved the monthly price of 60GB data, saving you £360 over two years.
EE’s Black Friday sale is also worth looking at for iPhone 13 deals. They have cut the price of their 40GB iPhone 13 monthly plan from £57 per month to £51 for a total saving of £144.
Google Pixel 6
Along with the Pixel 6 Pro, we placed Google’s smartphone top of our list of the best smartphones this year. It comes with a 8MP selfie camera and a wide-lens camera. This handset is a great option for those who watch a lot of Netflix on the go, with a 6.4 inch OLED display creating as close to a cinematic experience as you can get. As an added bonus, it’s also water-resistant.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro
Apple is no longer producing the iPhone 12 Pro because the iPhone 13 has taken its place at the top of the range. That may explain why Currys are discounting it. But it only came out a year ago and is a seriously impressive piece of kit, equipped with a 6.1" Super Retina XDR display and super-fast 5G connectivity. It also takes amazing photos thanks to its powerful triple camera system with an ultra wide lens. A £50 Black Friday discount is an added incentive to pick it up sim-free. Meanwhile, O2 are offering £7 per month off their 36-month 30GB and 100GB iPhone 12 Pro plans, for a total saving of £252.
Apple iPhone 12
The base model iPhone 12 is still in production and remains an excellent buy. Packing an A14 chip, the fastest ever until the iPhone 13 came out just a month ago, its dual-lens camera takes incredible photos and videos, with a special Night Mode and Portrait Mode included. It’s 5G-ready too.
Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
Released in January, Samsung’s 6.8-inch flagship phone has no less than five cameras led by a huge 108 megapixel main sensor and boasts 100x ‘space zoom’ as well as improved focus and image-steadying. It’s undeniably gorgeous, but not cheap: the S21 Ultra 5G is £1199 sim-free at Samsung. Providers such as O2 are reducing their monthly plans for Black Friday.
Other Black Friday contract deals on the Samsung S21 Ultra 5G include:
Apple iPhone SE
It’s clear why the iPhone SE is so popular. Starting from £389 sim-free, it’s less than half the price of the range-topping iPhone 13 — but it is still an iPhone, and a very good one at that. The new A13 Bionic chip at its heart is fast, powerful and will withstand years of operating system upgrades. What’s more, many people find the 4.7-inch screen a handier size. As well as O2’s tempting deal, you can get a 105GB 24-month plan for the price of 25GB from Vodafone via Mobiles.co.uk .
Apple iPhone 12 Mini
With a 5.4-inch screen, this is not actually as “mini” as the iPhone SE above, but rather serves as an entry-level iPhone 12, with many of the same features — including the A14 Bionic chip and the two 12-megapixel cameras on the back — for a more tempting price of £579 sim-free. It’s 5G compatible and will be upgradable to the next-generation iOS 15 operating system when it lands.
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
This great value handset has everything needed to entertain on the move. There’s an AI Game Booster for playing on the latest addictive mobile games, a four-lens camera for taking photos, and a 6.5 inch display with Dolby Atmos sound for watching TV shows and films. Throw in a Black Friday discount (with just a £30 upfront cost, too), and what’s not to like?
The best Black Friday SIM-free phone deals
Though Black Friday sees brilliant deals on contract-and-phone offers, above, it is sometimes cheaper to buy the handset outright and get a SIM-only contract separately. The initial layout is higher, but it can pay off long-term. Here are some of 2021’s best Black Friday deals on SIM-free phones.
Xiaomi Mi 11 phone, 256GB
There’s a big discount on this Xiaomi Mi 11, which comes in two colours and is already Telegraph recommended in our edit of the best smartphones . It has no less than three cameras, including a ultra wide angle lens to take incredible photos and videos and a cutting edge processor, which means it’s 30 per cent faster than previous models. It can also fully charge in just 45 minutes. Buy now
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Save £100 on Motorola’s Edge 20 Pro mobile, which boasts the brand’s most powerful camera ever, which allows you to snap crystal clear photos from five times the distance without losing clarity. The OLED display and fast 144 Hz refresh rate means that downloading and streaming on the device are quick and seamless.
Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G 256GB
You may not have heard of Oppo, but its smart tech phones pack a lot of brilliant features into their slim design. As well as a 6.7 inch screen, the phone is equipped for 5G making browsing the internet easy, and it has four camera for ultra wide shots and flattering selfies.
The best Black Friday SIM-only deals
Virgin Media is currently offering four Black Friday SIM-only star deals, including a 24-month contract that offers unlimited data, calls and texts for £16 per month.
This provider is offering a range of deals on 30-day SIM-only contracts. The most popular is the 30GB data option that comes with unlimited calls and minutes for £10 per month.
Talk Mobile is another provider to be offering great SIM-only deals this year for Black Friday. The most competitive is it’s 6GB data plan, offering unlimited minutes and texts on a 30-day contract for £5.95 per month.
If you’re looking for a SIM-only deal, EE is often the place to go. It’s essential plan is currently a 150GB, 5G data plan that also offers unlimited minutes and texts for £20 per month.
How to find the best phone deal for you
- Choose a focus: Choose your phone (or phones) of interest before the sales begin. There will always be bargain-basement Black Friday deals up for grabs from lesser-known brands who want a slice of the pie. It is easy to be tempted when a price seems too good to be true, but a cheaper handset isn’t necessarily a smarter buy than a slightly less-discounted phone you actually want.
- Do your research: Research the device's battery life, screen specs, design, and camera tech to ensure it meets all of your needs. A fantastic camera might matter to an avid Instagrammer in the way a Snapdragon processor might matter to a handheld gamer. Make sure your device fits your personal preferences.
- New isn’t always best: High spec often translates into high cost and sophisticates like the Samsung Galaxy S21 and iPhone 12 have price tags to match their power. While both may be discounted in the deals, such new and popular handsets are likely to be sold at close to full price.
- The generation game: Remember you're not only looking for brand and model, but generation. Older phones depreciate in value each time a new generation is released, meaning many retailers will offer £100s off former favourites. Double-check your dates before you double-click.
- Bills, bills, bills: Networks and carriers often tout the best Black Friday deals of all, slashing contract and up-front costs. So don’t take out or renew a phone contract in October. Holding out for a few weeks could save you far more on your phone bills in the long run.
- Phone a friend: Two-for-one deals are becoming increasingly popular. If you have a friend or family member looking for a new phone of their own, consider these offers first. Half price is about as good as it gets.
Want more Black Friday deals? Read our guides to the best deals from Amazon , Apple , John Lewis , Currys , Argos , Dyson and Sky . Browse the best Black Friday deals on beauty , fashion , gaming , tech and electricals . Or search for the exact product you want, with our Black Friday guides to deals on popular phones , TVs, iPads , laptops and mattresses .
- Best mobile phone deals 2022 including contract and SIM-only to SIM-free deals
- Makita Black Friday Sale 2021: Save over £165 on a tool set NOW
- Superdrug launches Black Friday deals with up to 70% off beauty and more
- Best Google Pixel deals for May 2022 | Digital Trends
- Apple reveals Black Friday deals, but we've found better discounts on iPhone and AirPods
- The Best Waterproof Phones for 2022 | Digital Trends
- The best Verizon phone deals for May 2022 | Digital Trends
- OnePlus 10 Pro vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max | Digital Trends
- iPhone 13 keeps value better than competitors, says report | Digital Trends
- Google Pixel 6 vs. Pixel 6 Pro: What are the differences? | Digital Trends
- Best iPhone 13 deals in May 2022: Plans from Virgin Media, Three, Vodafone and more
- iPhone 13 Pro vs Xiaomi 12 Pro: premium flagship face-off
- The best Apple iPhone 13 screen protectors | Digital Trends
- Samsung Galaxy S22 lineup's value plummets when used, iPhone 13 lineup holds firm
- The best Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max screen protectors | Digital Trends
- The best Google Pixel 6 Pro screen protectors | Digital Trends
- Best iPhone 13 case deals on Amazon NOW
- The best iPhone 13 Pro screen protectors for 2022 | Digital Trends
- Samsung Galaxy S22 vs iPhone 13: Display, Hardware, Camera and More Compared
- Best cell phone plan deals for May 2022 | Digital Trends
Best mobile phone Black Friday 2021 deals: live weekend offers on iPhone 13, Google Pixel 6 and Samsung S21 have 2104 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.