ANTIQUES Road Trip expert Angus Ashworth has revealed the staggering value of Craig Revel Horwood's Stricly glitter disco ball.
In the upcoming series of Celebrity Yorkshire Auction House , Angus was on the hunt for weird and wonderful treasures in the homes of a number of celebrities.
Angus recalled selling several Craig’s glitzy memorabilia – including Strictly’s lights and iconic disco glitter ball.
Speaking about what it was like rummaging around Craig’s house, Angus told the Daily Express : “He has sold his house now but it was an incredible spot in Hampshire.
“We had a good day filming, but he was in the swimming pool most of the time.
“Everything in the house was sort of white leather and shiny, so everything you would expect.
“It was very glitzy and very glam, and we got quite a bit of stuff out of it.”
Angus explained some of the celebrities struggled to part with some of their items when taking part in the series.
However, when it came to sorting through Craig’s items, the dad-of-three said the Strictly judge gave him a “free rein of his house”.
“He had just sold his house and he is moving with his fiance to sort of start afresh,” Angus added.
"He was very open about how everything in the house was his, and in their new life together they wanted it to be about them.
“So he was very generous and just pretty much said ‘I want to keep that and that but help yourselves’.”
Discussing the items he salvaged from Craig’s house, the expert added: “Obviously, we had to get a mirrored disco ball. That is very Craig.
“But there was his name in lights. There was this amazing mirrored chair in the form of a face that is used in a lot of publicity and that sort of stuff.”
When it came to the auction, Angus admitted the mirrored disco ball fetched hundreds of pounds – much to Craig’s delight.
“The Strictly disco ball fetched a lot of money,” the expert said.
“A normal mirrored disco ball, I’m sure you can pick them up fairly cheaply.
“But the fact it was Craig’s, that’s so iconic to him. They fetched a lot of money.”
Most read in News TV
Elsewhere in the series, Angus also helped former political journalist John Sergeant to part with a family heirloom.
He also paid a visit to the home Crimewatch star Rav where he discovered a life-size cut out of the presenter.
Celebrity Yorkshire Auction House airs on Really, Monday’s at 9pm and is available to stream on Discovery+ .
- Strictly’s Craig Revel-Horwood, 55, and boyfriend Jonathan Myring, 35, reveal they’re engaged after two years together
- Strictly Come Dancing bosses 'have secured their biggest names yet as stars see their work plans cancelled by coronavirus crisis'
- Dianne Buswell and Joe Sugg take fans back in time as they dress up for 80s inspired aerobics class... as Zoe Ball insists Strictly WILL return this year
- 'Whatever happens, it'll air somehow': Strictly's It Takes Two host Zoe Ball is convinced the competition show WILL return this year amid COVID-19
- Who is Lauren Steadman? Strictly Come Dancing 2018 contestant and Team GB Paralympic athlete
- Ministers warn lockdown could stay for MONTHS until new cases drop to the hundreds - as Prof Chris Whitty says a second peak could be WORSE than the first and eradicating coronavirus is 'technically impossible'
- Coronavirus: Europe cases reach 1 million as Spain sees drop in infections
- Comic-Con 2017 Preview Night & Thursday Schedule Announced
- The best Xbox One games for May 2020
- 'We are past the peak': Boris Johnson says the UK is on the 'downward slope' but urges the country to 'keep going' with lockdown as he heads No10 press briefing for the first time since recovering from coronavirus
- 'We should all be ashamed': NHS boss slams panic-buyers who have bought an extra £1bn of food in three weeks and demands they STOP clearing shelves and think of NHS workers unable to buy goods
- Coronavirus latest: WHO defends its COVID-19 response
- FMIA: With So Much Unknown, NFL Can Expect Imperfect 2020 Season
- 32 Short Story Collections That Will Revive Your Love Of Reading
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 1
- 32 Short Story Collections That Will Cure Even The Worst Reading Slump
- When Victorian students will return to the classroom remains a hot topic
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 3
- Covidiot hipsters pack London's trendy Broadway Market as others mob parks and traffic increases 2% in a week – despite 75% of Britons fearing a return to the office
- 20 things travellers need to know before they go
Antiques Road Trip expert reveals jaw-dropping value of Craig Revel Horwood’s Strictly disco ball have 880 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.