A WOMAN has revealed her mother-in-law used to make sly comments to show she didn’t like her.
She shared them to help other women know when their mothers-in-law are going to make waves in their marriages.
A TikTok user who goes by the name of Lindsay shared her experience with her mother-in-law who seemed to have a very close relationship with her son.
“Things my mother-in-law said that I should have paid more attention to,” she wrote as she began to describe each “red flag.”
In her video , she said that her mother-in-law would say things like: “Everyone always thinks I’m his sister” or “We have a bond
Additionally, she would comment on her appearance, saying things like: “All his ex-girlfriends were smaller than you!”
“He will never love another woman like he loves me,” was another comment she would make.
Unfortunately, the disdain that some mothers-in-law have for their new daughter is not uncommon.
Most read in Fabulous
Previously, a bride was left in tears when her mother-in-law and the rest of the women from her husband’s side showed up in white to their wedding.
Taking to Reddit, a 33-year-old groom shared the terrible story: “I have a large family. Mostly aunts and female cousins aside from mom, stepmom, stepsister, and grandmother.
“I don’t know how to say this but all those women I mentioned above are into teasing and joking. They’ve formed a unit (which I admit is kind of toxic) and they’d tease and roast every new woman that enters the family by marriage by setting up ‘tests’ to see if they deserve to be part of the family. Or roast their looks and styles to the point of breaking confidence and self-esteem down.
“Then after a few months of teasing, they’d announce that they’ve finally welcomed them into the family. The newest member would join in on the teasing too which is crazy as my dad says.”
Sadly, this attitude was also given to his love interest.
“When I first introduced my then-girlfriend now wife, I made it clear that I didn’t want any of the women in the unit to come at her or harass her not even with a single word,” he said.
“They went behind my back and roasted her looks and job and I discovered they’ve been doing it on Facebook. I had them apologize one by one after they gave the ‘we’re just testing the water to see if she’s capable to be part of the family’ excuse.”
“They didn’t want to apologize but once I said I wouldn’t invite any of the unit unless they apologize including my mom everyone immediately apologized and brought gifts for my wife. First of them was my stepmom and my sister-in-law.
“My wedding was two weeks ago. There was talk about the women in the family wanting to pull a prank on my wife by wearing white and called it the ‘ultimate test’ to see how my wife react.
“My brother warned me so I announced that if any one of them showed up in white I’d have them kicked out including mom. They said this wasn’t true and they’d never do such a thing.
“But they showed up to my wedding one by one wearing white dresses and each and every one of them was told to leave after they tried giving excuses by either making scenes or getting the men involved.
“The senior women of the unit, who are Mom and aunts, also showed up in white but refused to leave. I threatened to take harsher action and mom was pissed telling me to step aside but I didn’t let her in.
“I had her leave while the men in the family were watching stunned, dad was on my side and supported me a lot. I felt absolutely awful because my wedding was being interrupted by them making scenes.
“My wife was hurt beyond measure but the women in the family were pissed. My cousin blasted me on social media later saying I excluded all the women from the wedding because my wife was so insecure she couldn’t handle another woman’s presence at her wedding.
“I had an argument with them and mom berated me saying it was supposed to be a prank but I said they were taking it too far. Mom said I took it too far by kicking them out because they were trying to get a reaction from my wife to see if she was one of those ‘bridezillas’ and were going to change soon as the prank was over but I ruined my own and entire wedding by reacting so aggressively.
“I stopped talking after she said I had to bring my wife and apologize. I haven’t seen the lot of them in two weeks and they’ve excluded me from everything.”
- Can Zodiac Signs Determine Women's Personality? Read On To Find Out!
- Thousands of Liberians could gain pathway to U.S. citizenship under bill Trump is expected to sign
- Target to slash greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050 passes into law as UK becomes first major economy to vow end to its part in global warming
- 'Nick' police searches broke the law: Bombshell as judge behind inquiry reveals 'perversion of justice' and says officers got search warrants using false evidence but his findings were ignored by police watchdog
- Woman who shed 15 STONE in just 18 months reveals she has lost so much weight her own mother says she doesn't recognise her
- What Rajnikanth is like as a father
- California couple whose son was born to a New York woman after a shocking IVF blunder reach settlement with the fertility clinic responsible
- 'We believe she can recover': Mother of Tafida Raqeeb, the five-year-old girl at centre of a court battle over whether to switch off her life support, tells why she is willing to take on the world to give her child a chance of life
- From abused wife to protector of community, one woman’s amazing transformation
- 'I've lost my home, my business, everything': Woman's tears as floods inundate her spa in submerged Yorkshire town and insurers say they will NOT cover the damage - as Britons brace for MORE misery with month's rain to fall on Thursday
- Mother with five daughters aged under 10 shares the detailed chore chart she's designed for them to follow - and it costs her $77 per WEEK in pocket money
- 'This a murderous offence': Mother of the groom is slammed online for wearing a bridal dress to her son's wedding
- Woman, 35, who's often mistaken for her husband's daughter reveals how she fell for the twice-divorced grandfather-of-eight, 59, after spotting him at the traffic lights
- Mother says trolls urge her to KILL her baby because of its huge birthmark after she revealed priest refused to baptise her daughter in case the condition was contagious
- After Ethiopia crash, victims' relatives say they were hounded by U.S. law firms
- Transgender woman sent to an all-male prison has been moved to a female jail after judge called on authorities to consider moving her
- Anti-Sex-Trafficking Advocates Say New Law Cripples Efforts to Save Victims
- Mother in a 'self-inflicted financial mess' plans to declare herself BANKRUPT because clearing her £20k debt will 'take forever' - despite having disposable income of £420 a month
- Chinese woman who looked 'pregnant with triplets' has a 77lb tumour removed from her ovary 'after she went to hospital struggling to breathe'
- Thrifty mother who used to splurge up to £400 on presents reveals her Christmas is now FREE - thanks to coupons and cashback deals
Woman shares the signs that your mother-in-law doesn’t like you – and why comparing herself to you is a huge mistake have 1411 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.