SHOTS were fired on October 17, 2021, at a Grambling State University homecoming event.
Police say one is dead and multiple are injured following the shooting.
Was there a shooting at a Grambling State University homecoming event?
On October 17, 2021 at 1:15 am ET, shots were fired at the Grambling State University quad in Louisiana .
Seven people were injured, and one was pronounced dead.
Spokesperson for the university, Tisha Arnold, said the person who died was not enrolled in the school at the time of the shooting.
“At the time of the incident, a homecoming event was underway in McCall Dining Center. All persons present sheltered in place and were released once the all-clear was given by University Police,” Arnold said.
Most read in News
So far, no suspect has been released in connection with the shooting.
According to the Grambling State University Twitter , remaining homecoming events are cancelled as well as classes on Monday.
Their tweet states:
“GramFam, now the is the time to be Unapologetically Unified as we rally to comfort one another after this morning's incident. The campus has been cleared for normal operations, however, homecoming events scheduled for 10/17 have been canceled along w/classes on 10/18.”
This incident follows another shooting on the campus one week ago, which left one dead and another injured.
What did people have to say about the shooting?
People took to Twitter to share their opinions on the homecoming shooting.
User @collincoats1 tweeted : “Y'all gotta stop blaming gram.. 10/10 it's not even gram student that be doing anything it's the outsiders.. like we as a community gotta do better #GramFam #GRAMBLING #lockdown”.
Another user tweeted : “This is out of control . Every year about this time my children has to fear for their lives. Again how do we control what happens on this campus? What can be done differently? This is getting old an tired #GramFam”.
What was the other shooting on Grambling State University’s campus?
On October 13, 2021, a shooting on the campus killed one injured another.
Damarius Murphy, 19, of Rayville, Louisiana, died following injuries related to the shooting. A 16-year-old juvenile was also injured.
Louisiana State Police have issued an arrest warrant for Jatavious Carroll, 18-years-old, of Delhi, Louisiana.
The warrant has been issued on one count of Second Degree Murder, one count of Attempted Second Degree Murder and Possessing a Firearm/Weapon on School Property.
Louisiana State Police are asking anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Carroll to contact LSP Troop F at 318-345-0000.
- Breaking News: Grambling State University Shooting Leaves Two Dead on Campus
- Protesters demand action after Portland State University police shoot, kill Navy veteran
- Kent State University will observe 50th anniversary of May 4 shooting for a year starting in fall 2019
- Kansas State University's Selection of Mediasite Leads to Explosive Growth in Campus Video Usage
- Ohio State University trustees approve concealed carry on campus for some off-duty officers
- What would it take for Colorado State University to bring back baseball?
- Students for Life sues Ball State University
- Colorado State University's football stadium now has a name
- Wilma Mishoe named president of Delaware State University
- Jackson State University becomes nation's first HBCU in NASA federal contracts program
- Grenadian students excel at Midwestern State University
- The untouchables: A look at the Colorado State University sports records that will be hardest to break
- Student group to hold rally in response to deadly PSU shooting
- PSU police fatally shoot person near Cheerful Tortoise sports bar in SW Portland
- Man killed by Portland State police was Navy vet trying to break up fight, friends say
- Portland State names officers involved in fatal shooting of man outside sports bar
- Airlines are clamoring to hire K-State graduates and reverse pilot shortage
- Colleges and State Laws Are Clamping Down on Fraternities
- Penn State worker accused of videotaping men in bathroom
- 175 people from 8 states work to restore K-State's Hale Library; KU continues to help
Was there a shooting at a Grambling State University homecoming event? have 769 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.