Foreign nationals will need to be fully vaccinated to travel to the U.S. beginning November 8, according to a White House official.
The Biden administration is announcing the official start date of the new policy Friday. Fully vaccinated travelers will still need to show a negative test taken within 72 hours of traveling. The policy applies to both those traveling by plane and over land from Canada and Mexico.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has notified airlines that all Food and Drug Administration approved and authorized vaccines, as well as those authorized under emergency use from the World Health Organization, will be accepted. The CDC and other federal agencies will be providing more information ahead of November 8.
“This policy is guided by public health, stringent, and consistent,” tweeted White House assistant press secretary Kevin Munoz on Friday.
The Biden administration had already announced the new vaccine requirement , but hadn’t given a date. The new requirement means fully vaccinated travelers from countries that had been restricted, like the United Kingdom, will be able to travel to the U.S.
International travelers who are fully vaccinated won’t be required to quarantine upon their arrival in the U.S., the White House has said previously. Unvaccinated Americans returning to the U.S. from abroad will need to show proof of a negative test taken within 24 hours of travel.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Demand for COVID vaccines in Missouri up 50 percent, over 350K signed up for lottery
- The vaccine trial shambles that's left me in Covid passport limbo - and means I'll end up having FOUR jabs at the age of just 25
- Europe Reopened to Americans. Why, It Asks, Hasn’t the U.S. Reciprocated?
- Spain summer holiday boost: Hopes rise as tourism chiefs ready to welcome Britons back
- Up in the air while the world shuts down
- Kwarteng intervenes on Ultra Electronics takeover on national security grounds
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 5
- Energizer Holdings Inc (ENR) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- France holidays chaos LIVE: Macron's new 'checkpoint society' compared to East Germany
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 9
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by AT&T - Pelosi refuses to budge on bipartisan infrastructure bill
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 13
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 18
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 16
- The world needs a proper investigation into how covid-19 started
- Coronavirus digest: Australia's east coast continues to tackle delta outbreaks
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 22
Vaccination requirement for foreign travelers to U.S. begins November 8 have 416 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.