Chuck Liddell has filed for divorce from his wife Heidi Northcott after ten years of marriage, days after he was arrested for domestic violence.
According to legal documents, obtained by TMZ , the UFC legend, 51, filed for the dissolution of their marriage with minor children after he allegedly got physical with her at their Hidden Hills home on Monday.
The couple, who welcomed their daughter Guinevere in 2011 and son Cade two years later, became engaged on November 4, 2010.
It’s over: Chuck Liddell has reportedly filed for divorce from his wife Heidi after ten years of marriage, days after he was arrested for domestic violence; seen in 2019
On Monday, officers responded to a call at Liddell’s home ‘regarding a family disturbance,’ according to a department statement.
Share this article
‘Upon arrival deputies determined Chuck Liddell and his wife had been involved in a physical altercation,’ the sheriff’s department said. ‘Mr. Liddell was arrested for domestic battery.’
Liddell was sent to jail with bail set at $20,000.
Divorcing: According to legal documents, obtained by TMZ , the UFC legend, 51, filed for the dissolution of their marriage with minor children after he allegedly got physical with her at their Hidden Hills home on Monday (seen in 2020)
His booking sheet states he stands at 6ft2in tall and weighs 240 pounds.
The same day, Chuck shared a statement on his Instagram account, in which he wanted to ‘clarify a few facts about the situation.’
‘I was the victim of the incident last night at our family home, as details of the case will reveal. The deputies informed me that my wife would be arrested, as I did not respond to her assault while I sustained bruising and lacerations,’ he claimed. ‘I volunteered to go in her place instead.’
Speaking up: The same day, Chuck shared a statement on his Instagram account, in which he wanted to ‘clarify a few facts about the situation’
Liddell and Northcott tied the knot a decade ago and share two children together, according to USA Today .
Nicknamed ‘The Iceman’, Liddell made his octagon debut in 1998 and was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in 2009.
He famously fought Tito Ortiz, and came out of retirement in 2018 to take on the his rival for a third time.
Liddell had previously defeated Ortiz twice, but was was knocked out by him in their most recent battle.
Nicknamed ‘The Iceman’, Liddell made his octagon debut in 1998 and was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in 2009; pictured 2006
- With families quarantined together, some police fear rise in domestic violence
- Michael Avenatti won't be charged for alleged domestic violence at this time
- Michael Avenatti Arrested on Suspicion of Domestic Violence in Los Angeles
- Stacey Dash Arrested in Alleged Domestic Violence Incident, Claims Self Defense: Report
- SUNDAY CONVERSATION: Domestic violence survivor speaks from inside women's shelter
- Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Is Seeking Treatment for "Psychological Issues" as He Avoids Domestic Violence Charges - E! Online
- How to navigate the research on domestic violence and Christian churches
- Jersey Shore's Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Arrested for Domestic Violence - E! Online
- Podcast | Domestic violence: transposing solutions across cultures, a conversation
- Law changes create challenges for domestic violence efforts
- Los Angeles hits 300 homicides for first time in 10 years as LAPD blighted by budget cuts
- Duchess of Cornwall hails new 'Ask for Ani' domestic violence scheme
- Podcast | Solutions to domestic violence from Burundi to the rest of the world
- Braves' Marcell Ozuna arrested on domestic violence charges, released from jail on $20,000 bond
- Amber Portwood's Boyfriend Files for Custody of Their Son Days After Her Arrest, Claims She Assaulted Him: Report
- Richard Sherman's wife speaks out about his arrest
- Brian Austin Green Confirms Split from Megan Fox After Almost 10 Years of Marriage
- Capitol Rioters Could Serve Up to 10 Years in Prison Under an Executive Order from Trump
- 'The 80s song that brought my lost memory back after 10 years'
- India's Gujarat riots: 10 years on
UFC's Chuck Liddell files for divorce from his wife of 10 years just DAYS after he was arrested for domestic violence in LA have 685 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.