Tomorrow is National Pasta Day and what better way to celebrate than telling you that you have been cooking pasta wrong all this time.
Or, so this one woman thinks.
The foodie believes that you do not even have to boil your pasta and can “cook” it without even turning your oven or hobs on.
TikTok user @lilsipper_official has taken to the video sharing app to reveal to her "No Cook Pasta."
In a clip shared with her 120,000 followers, she said: "So I'm basically just going to soak my pasta in cold water."
In the next clip, the foodie puts some pasta in a bowl of water and advises that you should "let it soak for an hour or two”.
She even suggested that you can put the wet pasta in the fridge overnight to let it soak.
The foodie then said she was going to run some errands and come back to her food later on.
However, the budding chef admitted that you can’t use any old pasta.
To achieve edible pasta without cooking it, the foodie recommends buying brown rice flour pasta.
She confessed: "I’ve done this with lentil pasta before and it doesn’t work.So you want to do it with a rice base or rice mix."
The foodie added: "I don’t have time to just stand over the stove – if I want to go and do a workout or do something I will just pop it in here.
“Also if you are camping and do not have a stove – hello.”
The TikToker returned to her soaked pasta after a couple of hours later.
She went in for a taste test – and surprisingly, the pasta was soft enough to eat.
It appeared to have its classic 'boiled' look due to it soaking in the bowl.
She then took a bite of the pasta and remarked that the food was "pretty soft."
Chewing down on the piece, the foodie added that the pasta had a "good bite to it" and admitted that it was not "soggy."
Impressed with her hack, she stuck her thumb up to the camera.
The 'no cook' pasta trick has now racked up 52,000 views and 2300 likes.
However, some people were not so convinced at the foodie's pasta hack and took to the comments to share their confusion over the method.
One person pointed out: "It's 8-10 minutes to boil."
Another user joked: "Italian grandmas everywhere rolling in their graves."
Someone else said: "But you could've cooked it in the time you made the video."
Despite the negativity, some people saw the genius behind the foodie's pasta method.
One person noted: "Good for when you don't want hot steam getting into the air when it's hot."
And someone else said: "People chill. Y'all do overnight oats. It's not that different."
Let us know in the comments if you would try this pasta hack!
- Nine Ways You’re Cooking Pasta Wrong
- Nine ways you are cooking pasta wrong
- Romagnolis were TV cooking show stars, cookbook authors, restaurant owners
- Nine ways you’re ruining your pasta dinner
- Lidia Bastianich's new book tells you how to be a great Italian cook
- Don't keep saying ‘I do' when you don't
- Nine ways you're ruining your pasta
- On his first trip to China, Enrico Crippa says being a chef isnât easy Post Magazine
- Jail kitchen workers say donated, spoiled food keeps costs low for beach house sheriff
- Tomás Ó Sé: Don't get me wrong, I love rugby but it doesn't come near to doing what GAA does for the country
- Restaurant review, The Wenham Queen, Great Wenham: “They need to know their onions”
- Spatzle Primavera is made with vegetables, cream and cheese
- 10 dos and don'ts to stay healthy at Evansville Chinese buffets
- How to throw a vegetarian dinner party
- Everybody Eats: Celebrate the benefits of garlic in sweet, savory dishes
- A chef’s advice for relaxation: stir some risotto
- Meghan's family 'don't know if dad will walk her down the aisle'
- Meghan Markle's family still don't know if dad Thomas will be at wedding
- 2018 farmers markets in Milwaukee and southeastern Wisconsin
- Ghana: Don't Skip Sex Education in Schools
TikToker says we've been cooking pasta wrong – and you don't need to boil it have 724 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at October 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.