Queen Elizabeth II has "reluctantly" taken the advice of medical professionals who have instructed the 95-year-old to rest for the next few days.
The British monarch was scheduled to visit Northern Ireland on Wednesday for a two-day visit and is said to be "disappointed" that the trip will no longer go ahead as planned.
Instead, the head of state will be retiring to Windsor Castle, where on Tuesday she welcomed political figures and tech industry leaders, including Bill Gates, for a post-summit reception.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: "The Queen has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days.
"Her Majesty is in good spirits and is disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland, where she had been due to undertake a series of engagements today and tomorrow.
"The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland, and looks forward to visiting in the future."
The Queen, who lost her husband, Prince Philip , on April 9 recently raised concerns over her health after making a public appearance last week in Wales with a walking stick for the first time in nearly 20 years.
The nation’s longest-reigning monarch had only ever been previously seen using a walking aide following knee surgery to remove a torn cartilage in her right knee back in 2003.
Over the weekend the Queen attended the races at Ascot, where she arrived without the medical aide.
The Queen is next scheduled to make an appearance in Glasgow for the Cop26 UN climate change conference, which will take place at the end of October.
- 18-year-old reveals how she has spent £8,000 on her Disney obsession
- Brave nine-year-old girl wants leg amputated so she can play with other children
- Tom Jones forced to cancel second live show as 78-year-old is hospitalised
- How brave eight-year-old girl 'project managed' her own death for family's sake
- My four-year-old son’s sore throat turned out to be flesh-eating bug – and he had to have his leg amputated to save his life
- Devastating drowning of 3-year-old inspires Tennessee mom to create 'water guardian' tag
- Grandma splashes £16,000 on lavish birthday party for her one-year-old grandson
- Brave eight-year-old 'prepared everyone' for death she 'project managed'
- Michael Deacon: I took my 4-year-old to Cyprus and all he wanted was to play indoors
- Is the Queen unwell, what engagements has she cancelled due to illness and when was her cataract surgery?
- Queen’s robust health over the years
- Queen pulls out of service at St Paul's as she's feeling 'under the weather'
- This is what Meghan Markle will be banned from doing if she gets pregnant – and it could be a huge problem for the Queen
- Queen had eye surgery last month
- French skier who went missing in Italy 64 years ago is finally identified after social media appeal
- Bidwell adamant QPR will not be daunted by starting season with trip to Preston
- Online consultancy Push Doctor has adverts banned for implying links to the NHS
- Queen misses St Paul’s service due to summer cold
- JAILED: Former Queen Mary’s Hospital nurse stole over £13,000 from elderly patients
- Holloway insists QPR are not a ‘long ball’ team after beating Norwich
The Queen "Reluctantly" Canceled A Trip After Doctors Insisted The 95-Year-Old Rest have 521 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.