CELEBRATE the countdown to Christmas in major style this year with one of the best whisky advent calendars out there.
Nothing gets us more excited for the festive season than a themed advent calendar – especially one that features our favourite things, like whisky, rather than mini chocolates that never quite hit the spot.
A whisky advent calendar will appeal to anyone who enjoys a tipple – whether you’re a whisky novice or an expert who’s keen to try new brands and flavours.
- (AD) Shop whisky advent calendars at Amazon here
There’s a whisky advent calendar to cater to every taste, whether you prefer an American bourbon, or you’re more of a Japanese whisky fan.
Whisky advent calendars are also an ideal Christmas gift for the ‘impossible to buy for’ person on your list.
Most showcase whisky from distilleries around the world, with either 12 or 24 different miniature bottles to sample – many often award-winning, or exclusive to that calendar.
Just a quick note: whisky advent calendars should only be reserved for those on the ‘nice’ list – they tend to cost over £100, with some setting you back £200, or more.
That being said, some of the whisky included in the calendars can fetch upwards of £600 a bottle, so you know you’re still getting a deal.
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
The Scotch Whisky Advent Calendar
- (AD) The Scotch Whisky Advent Calendar 2021, £169.95 from Amazon – buy here
It’s believed that bonny Scotland is the birthplace of whisky, so you can be rest assured that you’ve got one of the best whisky advent calendars when it’s full of Scotch.
Glenfiddich, Talisker, The Balvenie and many more are packed into this gorgeous advent calendar from brand Drinks by the Dram and it’s sure to delight even the fussiest whisky fan.
The 24 3cl bottles included are made of glass and wax-sealed for that extra special festive touch – plus, it’s available to buy right now.
Jack Daniel’s Advent Calendar
- (AD) Jack Daniel’s Advent Calendar, £99.99 from Amazon – buy here
Made by one of the world’s most famous whisky distilleries, Jack Daniel, this is the safest bet when it comes to one of 2021’s best whisky advent calendars.
Included in the calendar are some of Jack Daniel’s best-loved whisky blends including Old No.7, Tennessee Honey and Gentleman Jack.
You also get a spirit measure, shot glass and metal keyring for your money, making it one of the best value in our edit.
That Boutique-y Whisky Company
- That Boutique-y Whisky Company Advent Calendar 2021 , £124.95 from Master of Malt – buy here
This lovely advent calendar, available from Master of Malt, contains a selection of blended and single cask malts from around the globe, hiding behind each of its 24 doors.
Including wax-sealed whisky from six different countries and 24 unique distilleries, there’s a selection of young and old, famous names and independent labels hidden inside.
A list of 2021’s best whisky advent calendars just wouldn’t be complete without it.
Best is, it’s available to order now with estimated dispatch from October 15th.
Flaviar Whiskies of the Universe Advent Calendar
- Flaviar Whiskies of the Universe Advent Calendar, £180 from Flaviar (pre-order now) – buy here
Flaviar invite you to ‘explore the whiskyverse’ with its Whiskies of the World Advent Calendar, carefully curated every Christmas.
We love the calendar’s out-there packaging and the brand promises to delight even the most experienced whisky palettes with its selection of 24 premium vials of delectable whisky.
The calendar also includes a tasting glass, concrete coaster and booklet that goes into detail about each whisky – plus, it’s available to pre-order now, so get shopping.
The Really Good Whisky Company Selection Box
- The Really Good Whisky Company Whisky Selection Box, £149.50 at The Really Good Whisky Company – buy here
With 25 exciting 30ml drams to energise your taste buds, this whisky advent calendar contains cask strength, single malts, peaty whiskies and more.
New for 2021, there’s also a premium version at the higher price of £249.99, if you have enough dollar to splurge on something extra special this year.
Not only are there tasting notes for each dram, but you can join online tasting sessions for an immersive whisky drinking experience throughout December.
With free delivery available across the UK, it’s ready to buy and be delivered straight to your door right now.
Japanese Whisky Advent Calendar
- Drinks by the Dram Japanese Whisky Advent Calendar 2021 Edition, £199.95 from Master of Malt – buy here
Japanese whiskies are quickly becoming a favourite national tipple, and this glorious advent calendar is the perfect introduction to Japan’s top producers.
You’ll find 24 30ml, wax-sealed drams of whisky in a range of styles – including single malts, single grains, and blends – to entice any whisky enthusiasts you know.
The particularly pretty red and white, festive-like advent calendar is available to purchase right now – and can be delivered to its new home from as fast as tomorrow.
The Spirit Co. All American Whiskey and Bourbon Advent Calendar
- The Spirit Co. All American Whiskey and Bourbon Advent Calendar, £149.95 from The Spirit Co. (pre-order now) – buy here
Calling all American whisky lovers: this glorious advent calendar comes with 24 petite 30ml bottles from across the pond and includes bourbon, rye and Virgina whisky from renowned brewers in the US.
Take a tantalising journey of taste across America for the best run-up to Christmas ever.
And the best news? It’s available to pre-order now for deliveries in October, so get those ice cube trays filled and bunged in the freezer in preparation for the big countdown.
12 Drams of Christmas Premium Whisky Selection Box
- 12 Drams of Christmas Premium Whisky Selection Box, £89.99 from The Whisky Shop – buy here
Forget the 12 days of Christmas, and feast your eyes on the 12 Drams of Christmas, available from The Whisky Shop.
It includes 12 different Scotch whiskies and you can expect the likes of Loch Lomond 18 Year Old, BenRiach Temporis 21 Year Old and Highland Park 18 Year Old all to appear.
While it’s not strictly an advent calendar, you can either wait for 12 days before Christmas to start sampling or begin on the big day itself and bring in the new year in style with a new whisky to try every day.
There’s also a cheaper option, available for £69.99 – but sadly, neither are available for delivery right now and are only available in collection from the shop. We’ll update you with any further news.
Connoisseurs of Scotch whisky, this beautiful selection box is the one for you.
World Whisky Advent Calendar
- World Whisky Advent Calendar 2021, £149.95 from Master of Malt – buy here
Another international whisky advent calendar, this treat is worth getting out of bed for throughout December.
A hand-picked selection of 24 wax-sealed bottles await from around the world to help broaden your whisky horizons.
The constellation-themed box would look way better on your mantle than any plain old stocking, too, and it’s available to buy right now – with deliveries as fast as tomorrow.
Drinks by the Dram Whisky Advent Calendar 2021
- Whisky Advent Calendar (2021 edition) by Drinks by the Dram, £149.95 from Master of Malt – buy here
Drinks by the Dram are seriously ones to watch this year when it comes to offerings of the best whisky advent calendars on the market.
This offering from its fantastic selection is priced at under £150, and features 24 unique, wax-sealed drams of 30ml whisky samples, sourced from 24 distinct distilleries in seven countries across the globe.
The blue and gold box is delectable, too, and what’s best is it’s available to order right now from Master of Malt, for delivery as soon as tomorrow. Talk about being organised.
Drinks by the Dram Whisky Explorer Advent Calendar (2021 Edition)
- Whisky Explorer Advent Calendar (2021 edition) by Drinks by the Dram, £99.95 from Master of Malt – buy here
There’s a lot of excitement around Drinks by the Dram’s festive offerings when it comes to whisky advent calendars (can you tell?) and this 2021 edition of its Whisky Explorer Calendar is no exception.
In this offering, sample 24 unique wax-sealed drams of whisky sourced from five different countries and 20 different distilleries.
And the best thing? The price! At under £100, it’s one of the cheapest, full-sized option on this list, and is available to order right now.
Drinks by the Dram 12 Dram Irish Whiskey Collection
- Drinks by the Dram 12 Dram Irish Whiskey Collection, £45 from Master of Malt – buy here
Fan of Irish whisky, but on a tight budget this year? Look no futher.
Drinks the by the Dram has produced an option for you that’s not *quite* an advent calendar, as such, but is perfect for counting down the 12 days of Christmas with a surprise selection of 12 Irish whisky drams.
Each window hides a wax-sealed 30ml whisky miniature, sourced from some of Ireland’s best producers of whisky – and, it’s available to order now for under £50. Bargain.
How much is a whisky advent calendar?
Whisky calendars often pack in a lot of alcohol into a small package and this is reflected in the price. Most whisky advent calendars retail between £100 and £200, although many premium calendars that include very expensive whiskies far exceed this.
The best value whisky calendar we found was the 12 Drams of Christmas Premium Selection Box .
Where to buy a whisky advent calendar?
One of the biggest leaders of alcoholic advent calendars in the market is from sampling company Drinks by the Dram , which has a vast selection of calendars that dominate the whisky scene.
Many supermarkets, including the big four – Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda and Morrisons – have also got in on the advent calendar action in recent years, so it’s worth keeping an eye on their shelves over the festive period.
What to look for in a whisky advent calendar?
Firstly, check the price to make sure it fits within your budget as alcoholic advent calendars command a high price.
Next, consider the list of whiskies on offer – do you enjoy sampling a new type of whisky from around the globe, if so a calendar like this one from Flaviar is ideal, or are you more partial to one type of whisky? If so, something like the Jack Daniel’s Holiday Calendar is just the ticket.
Check how big the samples are and how they come – many are in glass bottles and wax sealed. Some premium advent calendars also come with extras like branded glasses, coasters or spirit measures.
Lastly, check if a whisky guide comes with your calendar that explains each sample in detail, or even better, some companies offer videos and tasting sessions so you can enjoy the social side of enjoying a festive tipple.
MORE FROM SUN SELECTS CHRISTMAS
Sun Selects is here to help you to choose the right product to suit your needs, with a variety of gift guides, product reviews and recommendations.
- Best Advent Calendars 2018: Adult, Harry Potter, Cheese, Funko Among This Year's Most Popular
- Colbert Introduces Adult Advent Calendar To Help You Escape The Holidays
- How to create your own Philly-style Advent calendar this Christmas
- Forget the chocolate: Advent calendars include booze, cheese
- Aldi's Wine Advent Calendar fever skips Minnesota. Next? Advent cheese
- Reese’s introduces advent calendars and Reese’s Pieces trees for holidays
- The 30 best things you can buy at Nordstrom: Clothing, Shoes, Coats, and more
- The best things you can buy with an Amazon gift card
- Netflix's 'The Holiday Calendar' Is Even More Enjoyably Mediocre Than 'A Christmas Prince'
- Best of Houston® 2019 Begins Today and Continues Through January
- GRiZ announces fifth annual Detroit charity series '12 Days of GRiZMAS'
- The 5 Best Concerts in St. Louis This Weekend, January 11 to 13
- The best beauty gifts of 2018
- Houston's 5 Best Weekend Food Bets: Take a Class at Public Services Wine & Whisky
- Best Buy: Save on tech gifts with '20 Days of Doorbusters'
- Burns Night 2019: Menu Ideas, Where to Buy Haggis, Whisky and Poems to Celebrate the Scottish Bard
- Black Friday 2018: Inside the ads for Target, Best Buy, Kohl's and more
- Best Netflix Christmas Movies and Secret Codes to Access Even More
- Kite Realty Group Trust Completes Over $200M in Dispositions and Executes 12 Box Leases in 2018
- Calendar Listings: January 10 – January 17
The 12 best whisky advent calendars you can buy in 2021 have 2136 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.